What is the hottest park?

I agree AK due to less indoor attractions. Also Epcot seems to have less shade.

AK. Just doesn't seem like there is very much air that circulates through that park.

For sure the Animal Kingdom. The only time I felt the temps were comfortable there was during a trip in early December. Otherwise, it just amazes me how hot it can be there. Like a rainforest.

I always hear people say AK, but me and my wife both agree that HS is the hottest. Blazing concrete and bright sun just has a more significant psychological affect on us that makes the heat even less bearable. It may be more muggy at AK, but since there are so many trees everywhere, the sun can't pinch you.

When they built ak they dug out the area so technically it is below the "regular" surface, like in a bowl, that's why it feels hotter with less wind

AK can feel like sitting on the sun. It's one park that always wears us out the quickest because of the heat.

I agree in AK can feel hotter/muggier with all the foliage on an already hot/muggy day.

AK is by far the worst. It has many outside attractions, and the air just doesn't move there. Plus, I'm pretty sure they installed radiant heating in the sidewalks to make it even hotter to give you the authentic African experience.

AK is so hot it can feel absolutely brutal. While it's a beautiful park, all that vegetation completely blocks the breeze and traps the humidity which makes it absolutely stiffling hot.

For all the people saying AK is hot because of the plants, you should have been there when it was new. The plants hadn't grown out yet, and it was insanely hot, even for the animals. They'd hide back in the shade so it was hard to spot them in a lot of places.

I realize I am going against the crowd, but the only park my family has had heat problems is MK. At MK you are much more likely to find yourself in a crush of bodies, and all that body heat plus the weather has nearly caused fainting. We always plan cooling stops to get drinks and such, and MK is the only one where we have had to have emergency stops.

MK. The reason is that there's A LOT of standing around in the heat. So much body heat! You're always rubbing elbows with people. The lines are huge and most are outdoors. Besides Space Mountain and Pirates I think every line is outside (as in not enclosed completely). You can't escape being outside because the indoor rides are over in 10 minutes max and then you're pushed outside again. That's vs 30-45 minutes at AK and HS shows. At Epcot you can spend 3 hours at The Land with it's 3 attractions plus the restaurant, you can hang out there and never have to go outside. There's no escaping the heat at MK.....unless you want to ride CoP over and over.

It's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!

I know lots of folks say AK is the hottest because of the tropical feel, but I always find lots of shade here.

Epcot is always the hottest to me - just feels like so much concrete, especially if we are leaving World Showcase and heading back to the busses. That walk out to the busses through Future World kills me.

Bring a hat - seriously!

Yes! I didn't realize how many people feel AK feels the hottest! To us it seemed more humid, yes, but lots of tree cover made it seem more bearable to have a bit of shade. Epcot world showcase seems to the worse walking around to me.

With our trip only 10 days away, I am starting to plan out what clothes to bring. I like to have an idea of what I'm going to wear which day (helps me from forgetting something). I was wondering which park feels like the hottest, and which one has the most sun (understanding that ALL of them are going to be very hot). Thanks!

We just returned and this time I took Frogg Togg cooling towels for each of us, and those were a lifesaver around our necks! I just bought the full size and cut them in half to make 4 smaller ones, to make it easier for us to carry in a backpack. I just got them wet with cold water in the morning and put in ziplock bags in our backpack until we needed them. It helped to put on our neck and just walked around like that. You have to shake them out every so often to re-cool it. And also you need to go get them re-wet occasionally (keep as much water in it as you can without it freely dripping). We were amazed at how much this helped! We took a small thing of dish soap to hotel for washing water bottles, you can use dish soap to wash out the cooling towels as well, this worked well to wash off the sweat and reuse each day.
And a spray mister fan helped as well. I will also say, with getting wet from rain and even just the 90% humidity we experienced when it wasn't, made my DH's boxers chaff, and he was miserable sore. He ended up going over to Under Armour in Disney Springs to buy new boxers with the atheltic/cool material. Something to keep in mind if you have boys:)

Yes! I didn't realize how many people feel AK feels the hottest! To us it seemed more humid, yes, but lots of tree cover made it seem more bearable to have a bit of shade. Epcot world showcase seems to the worse walking around to me.

You know, now that I think of it, I only got that dreaded heat rash that some people get on their legs once at WDW and I was walking around Epcot that day. I believe it really does radiate heat up from all that concrete.

But, hey, it's Florida! Next time I'm shoveling 6 inches of heavy slush off my driveway, I will dream of all that heat (okay, so I don't shovel, but I watch DH do it, and make sure he doesn't drop).

I guess it depends on you... for me, walking around EPCOT World Showcase is BRUTAL.

AK tends to have lots of shade when I'm there or maybe I'm just use to the humid/tropic environment?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!