what is the best offer right now for Dec UY SS?

goldilocks_63

<font color=green>OKW+BCV+SSR+AKV<br><font color=c
I'm having add-on itis....

Anyone know what the best deal is for Saratoga Springs Dec UY ?

Thanks, Goldi

and, as part 2,

is it really worth the $95 / point? I'm asking because like 3 years ago, around Sept. 11, I got OKW points at 58ish...

I wanted SS to pass onto my daughter, and I thought it would hold up better because of the extra years.

Opinions, Please.

I believe they have the magical beginnings program at SSR ($10 off but you srurrender your first year's points?).

If you paid the $95 per point it would be about $1.90 per point over ther term of the contract. The other resorts were going from $1.90 to over $2.00 per point (with closing costs) in resale market back in June and I doubt prices have moved much since then.

Is it worth it? Depends if you like SSR and want the extra years.

youre paying more, yes. But with SSR youre getting something more for the higher price....a real tangible 12 years of vacations.

Forgive me for hijacking, goldilocks, but I was wondering the same thing. I need to do a small add-on, and have been toying with the idea of paying extra for SSR points, mainly because it does not require calling my guide every few weeks looking for sold-out resort points. If I understand your post right, you are wanting to do an add-on at SSR, and you have a Dec. UY(like me). Because I am a very slow thinker, could someone "walk" me through the process. Suppose I wanted to purchase 25-50 points at SSR tomorrow. My current UY is Dec., so what points would I be getting, 2003 AND 2004, or just 2004 points? What dues would I pay, and when? Would I be able to use the points immediately(like at OKW), or would I have to wait? I apologize for being an idiot...I think I understand the sold-out points process, but I wasn't sure if SSR points worked differently. Thanks for all the information!

But due to the inventory at SS, Dec UY may only mean that I get points for Dec 2005.....

Waiting to hear, guide is out of town, and still have to discuss with hubby.

In the meantime, if anyone knows what the SS Dec UY deals are I'd appreciate the info.

Goldi

Originally posted by goldilocks_63
But due to the inventory at SS, Dec UY may only mean that I get points for Dec 2005.....

...(snip).....

Wow! If you buy now, you really wouldn't get points until 12/1/2005? December 2004 is still more than 4 months away!

Talk about "stripped" contracts! Not sure I'd be willing to pay $95/point for that "deal".

Best wishes -

If you get Dec uY you should get 2003-2004 points with no 2003 dues and prorated 2004 dues. This would be in effect until 11/30/04. After 12/1/04 you would only get 2004 points. This is why the 2003 UY sold out so quickly. However, I would imagine that with the expansion plans in place, they must be selling Dec UY again. They can't sell you just 2005 when 2004 allotment hasn't even been distributed!

With that said, I would not buy at SSR as it will be the easiest room to get into once completed. The only advantage is the 12 years and I take exception to that logic as well. Why pay extra for something that won't benefit you for 38 years? If the current pace of dues inflation outpacing rack rates continues, DVC won't have any value long before 38 years. Not a prediction, but seriously, points 50 years from now are worth pennies on today's dollar. Don't value them the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter