What is the average wait time to check in to your room?

nuge67

Mouseketeer
I know check in is not until 3 in most places, but on average, how long should one expect to wait before they get their room.

We should actually arrive at Pop by about 10:30 or 11:00.

Also, we know the odds are the rooms will not be ready, but how long does it take to check in at the front desk, get your tickets and get on a bus to the Parks? The kids will be restless!

It takes about 30 minutes to check-in, give or take!! I would do the online check-in when you can as that will save you some time at the desk. If your room is not ready, they'll hang on to your bags and you can head out to the parks. Pop is a great resort and the kids will have things to do/look at while you check-in! Have a magical trip!! :santa:

There really is no way to give an average. You can be lucky and get checked in right away and if you did online check-in then you just pick up your package and head to your room. Even if your room is not ready, you can still check-in leave your luggage and head to the park. The resort will text you when your room is ready and you can either head back then or after you leae the park.

Last time at CSR I did online check-in got there one person ahead in line waited about 5 mins, then got my pkt it took less then 10 mins that includes the time it took for the gal to run to the back & get our Anniversary buttons. We had a rental so we left our luggage in the car & went to MK it was around 10:30. I think our room was ready by 3.

Kae

There are so many factors that this is a difficult question to answer. IMO, it really depends on the people in front of you in line.

Our last trip, a few weeks ago, we arrived at 1:30am. I had done online check in as did the people in front of me who were up at the counter already. The regular check in line had 5 families in it. There were 4 cast members checking people in.

It took us 20 minutes :(. The family in front had lots of questions, etc.

Now other times, I have had several families in front and have been done within the same time frame...20 minutes.

Once I get to the counter, the most it has taken me is 2 minutes.

Usually there is a tv or other little activity in the lobby to occupy kids while they are waiting.

There's just no way to say how long it'll take to get into your room, unfortunately. It depends on how early the previous occupant of your assigned room leaves, what condition they left the room in, how busy housekeeping is that day, how many guests are checking out and checking in that day, etc.

One way to shift the odds in your favor a bit is to be flexible....be willing to take any room as soon as it becomes available.

But, in general, I'd say assume that you won't be in the room until the posted check-in time, and plan accordingly.

There's no way to tell when your room might be ready.

3 PM is just the earliest you should expect your room to be ready. You can't expect that it will be ready precisely by 3 PM. You could get lucky and be ready earlier. Or you can wait until much later. Or you can get the text that says your room is ready, go up there and someone is still cleaning it (that happened to me in November)

We always arrive long before actual check in time. We have been allowed into our room every time. We are going in a slower time period though (Sept/Oct).
We take a swim bag with us on the plane with everyone's suits in it so we can change by the pool and have a swim. We never do parks on our first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter