What is the 1st thing you will do when you get on the ship??

11am Send kids to stand in line for the DUCK!:grouphug:
11:01 Stand in line for drink!:banana:
11:05 Throw 3 year old in pool!:cheer2:
11:06 Find a chair!:cool2:
11:07 Get new drink!:yay:
11:30 Find the food!:worship:
11:31 Forget about the real world for next 3 nights!!:thumbsup2

Forgive me. I'm a newbie too. What is Parrot Cay and there are characters there?

PC is one of the rotational resturants that is open for lunch on boarding day. Yes, characters do come around. Make sure you have your camera on the table. Last cruise Goofy came up behind my wife, he had a pepper grinder and reached acrossed the table from behind my wife, was going to put pepper on her desert, she :scared1:, got a great photo, and you only have one chance at that picture.

We were very fortunate to be chosen "Family of the Day" :cheer2: on our very 1st cruise this past Sept.....oh my goodness....when being the 1st on & not really knowing what to do with no one around....was very weird, but soooo cool....we took our 4 kids to the Mickey Pool & grabbed a table and drinks and watched them play in the pool all to themselves for a good half hour....priceless!!!!! :)

1. Walk in the atrium and fight back the tears of joy that our magical vacation is finally beginning.:banana:
2. Go up to deck 9 and hang out on the deck with my brother's family, eating snacks from Topsider's while playing ping pong with the kids and looking out at the water in the port (NO ONE else was around...it was like we were the only families on the ship!) It was so relaxing and a GREAT way to start!

3. Head down to Parrot Cay for a little lunch.

4. (Me eat quickly) Sneak out of PCay and run down to the room to set up gifts from "Mickey and Minnie" for the kids and decorate the door.

5. Sneak back into PCay ("Mommy, are you OK? You were in the bathroom for a looooong time!"):rolleyes1

6. Say, "Oh, look at the time! I bet our rooms are ready by now!" and head down to our stateroom.

7. Become paparazzi and snap a million pics of the kids discovering the room and their special gifts.:cloud9:

8. Unpack, get ready for the lifejacket thingy, yada yada yada...

Our kids were 3 and 5 when we went last year, and will be 4 and 6 in March, so we will probably do about the same thing (except do it all with our friends that will be with us). I can't wait!!!:cheer2:

look around to soak it all in, then grab a bite before checking out the view from our balcony!

1. Go to room, look around.
2. Look in bathroom.
3. Go out on verandah, look at the view.
4. Look in fridge.
5. Play with the light switches to figure out which switch is which.
6. Look in all the clossets and sea chest.
7. Look in bathroom again.
8. Claim a side of the bed.
9. Go out on verandah again and look at view. See if we can see our luggage on the luggage racks.
10. Decide there is nothing really do in the room.
11. Look in other shower room.
12. Pull cord on clothes line to see if it really works.
13. Turn off lights - head up to Topsiders for lunch.
14. Make comments about how the cruise is finally here!

:rotfl2: 8. Claim a side of the bed. :worship:

This year I may get depressed when I board, this is probably our last cruise on the Magic. We went when she was a month old, and have been back 3 times since.

Relax and enjoy. Find some lunch up on top deck.

'Do' is the rest of my life and I leave it entirely behind crossing that gangway. :thumbsup2

I think this is a fun question!! and wonder how many different answers there will be.:goodvibes;)

This will be my first cruise. Four of us total. I haven't given it any thought yet and would like any suggestions. All of us are excited for this and are looking forward to our "Dream" vacation. Thank you ahead of time for any thoughts and suggestions. pirate:

Ok, this will be my first cruise on the Magic. Is Parrot Cay on the Magic too? I'm totally clueless as to a game plan for after boarding, except for find food and adult beverage! :)

Ok, this will be my first cruise on the Magic. Is Parrot Cay on the Magic too? I'm totally clueless as to a game plan for after boarding, except for find food and adult beverage! :)

Yes, the only restaurants that change between the two ships is Triton's/Lumiere's for sitdown, Beach Blanket Buffet/Topsider's for buffet, and even then the ship layout is pretty much the same.

Works exactly the same on both, the crew are there directing you the moment you board. :)

I haven't been on a cruise yet - my first is in Feb - so I can only guess. But knowing me, it will be to immediately unpack and organize the cabin. I hate living out of a suitcase, and like things to feel homey. :idea:

Yes, the only restaurants that change between the two ships is Triton's/Lumiere's for sitdown, Beach Blanket Buffet/Topsider's for buffet, and even then the ship layout is pretty much the same.

Works exactly the same on both, the crew are there directing you the moment you board. :)

Thank you!!! I've cruised with Carnival but not Disney, so I'm not sure how the process works on this round. LOL I'm all about finding food, adult beverages and taking it all in. :woohoo:

:rotfl2: 8. Claim a side of the bed. :worship:

What's so funny? How do y'all decide?

The kids used to fight over who got top bunk so we'd have to alternate nights. But now they are too big for the ceiling drop bed so we had to get a Cat 4 with a wall bed.

Our next cruise will be on the Dream, so it may be a little different but usually we:
find a table on deck 9 (outside if it is nice, inside next to a window otherwise)
send DH to the buffet to check it out while I wait with the carry-ons (I know we can go to Parrot Cay, but we like the atmosphere on deck 9)
pick off DH's plate :rotfl: and go through the line myself
eat a leisurely lunch until it is time to go to our room
check out room and drop off carry-ons
head out to explore the ship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter