What is the 1 thing you would do on a Disney Cruise this minute?

I love sitting out on the loungers or the balcony if we have one and watching the sea go by with a glass of wine in my hand. There is little better! But, since it is before lunch right now, I'd probably be at some kind of name that tune or character drawing event with my daughter! Either way, it's a good time.

I love name that tune, especially when they have the live piano edition.

It's a few minutes after 5pm. Great time to hit the aqua duck as so many families have left the pool deck for early dinner. I would probably enjoy a couple of slides. Then pop back to the cabin for a quick shower and to dress for dinner. Hubs and I would then head off to Meridien for sunset & drinks followed by Palo for dinner.

Oh how I miss DCL!
Yes!!!! 🚢

I would have popcorn and watch Tangled!

That sounds like a nice couple of hours.

Make myself a root beer float using the drink station and Eye Scream, and watch my youngest ride the Mickey slide over and over for an hour.

I never thought to do that!!!! Putting that one on the list.

Sit out on the deck with a Mickey bar and watch the scenery go by on my way to Alaska, with a blanket.

Nothing like a platter full of Mickey Bars coming your way from Room Service.

Without reading other posts to be influenced, I’m going with

Eat Muesli at Cabanas, followed by link sausage, corned beef hash and grilled tomatoes. (I’m a bit hungry right now).

That sounds good. I'm glad I'm not the only one at the Muesli station on the cruises.

Boy, I didn’t even try to link it to the current time of day. I wrote that at 2:40 am. I’ve been thinking of that Muesli lately.

You don't have to pick what you'd do at this exact time of day, just want you want to do in this exact moment. Muesli at 2:40 am is a fine choice!

My son just finished breakfast, so we'd be back in the room for Mommy and Daddy to eat while he plays. If grandma and grandpa are on the cruise with us, he'll be in their room. :)

Sounds like a relaxing morning on vacation. I'm ready for a DCL breakfast.

Rules are simple.

Pick 1 thing. - Cruising for a week can't be the "1 thing"!!

It has to be specific. - Eat lunch at Cabana's vs. Eat at all the restaurants.

You have to want to do it in this exact moment.
It being approximately 6 pm right now we would be heading to Meridian Lounge on either the Dream or Fantasy for a beverage before our dinner at Palo.

"This minute" is 4:54am. I would be awake in bed, praying to fall back asleep because I am on vacation, but that won't happen. I will eventually get up in about 30 minutes and take a shower while the rest of the family sleeps. I will then get dressed and go down to deck 4 and enjoy the quiet, listen to the waves hitting the ship, and wait for the sun to rise up over the water. ~~sigh~~

We just got back from a shore excursion, immediately order Mickey Bars from room service and enjoy the down time and sit on the balcony watching the port action as people come back to the ship

It being approximately 6 pm right now we would be heading to Meridian Lounge on either the Dream or Fantasy for a beverage before our dinner at Palo.

There is something about the freedom to just wander and relax and make your way to dinner which I miss!

"This minute" is 4:54am. I would be awake in bed, praying to fall back asleep because I am on vacation, but that won't happen. I will eventually get up in about 30 minutes and take a shower while the rest of the family sleeps. I will then get dressed and go down to deck 4 and enjoy the quiet, listen to the waves hitting the ship, and wait for the sun to rise up over the water. ~~sigh~~

At much as I hate waking up early on vacation, there is something special about being up on the ship before anyone else. The crew is always polite, but I always get the sense they wonder why I am up so early! I just do my best to stay out of their way.

This morning? Sitting on the fantail of the Magic or Wonder, sun shining, breeze blowing, with my meat and potato-heavy breakfast and a few danishes, just chilling with my family as the ship gracefully glides across the deep blue sea. (I'd do the same on the bigger ships as well).

That sounds perfect! Some of my favorite memories are enjoying a breakfast outside as we pull into port before the day really gets moving.

Taking myself to the upper deck in the morning watching the ocean go by and/or watching us come into port.

Only thing that would make that moment better is if they ice cream station was open early! I know know .... but it's vacation.....

Since its morning here, I would be sitting on my verandah with a cup of coffee watching the ocean with a smile on face.

I can almost feel the salty railing and decking. It's always clean later in the day, but those early morning hours before port days I would get that ocean feel on my hands. Boy do I miss that.

Having Cabanas breakfast outside.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I probably wish for that exact moment at least once a week.

In the theater, watching a stage show!

There is a magic to those live shows no amount of pre-recorded video can replace. Someday soon....

We just got back from a shore excursion, immediately order Mickey Bars from room service and enjoy the down time and sit on the balcony watching the port action as people come back to the ship

I always swear "this trip I will use room service more" and never do. But every trip at least once, I do the same thing and order a Mickey Bar after a long port day and just collapse on the verandah and watch the world continue to move while I just pause. What a great pick.

Taking a nap on the bed with the veranda slider opened all the way and a nice sea breeze!

View attachment 563158

That picture makes me a little emotional...... just a tiny bit....

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's response. The memories and glimpse into a tiny moment on the ship has made me happy in a way I didn't expect when I first asked the question. I hope it's brought everyone a little joy as well.

We all seem to love Cabanas here. It is 8:34 am on a Thursday, so my husband and I are at Cabanas. It is a sea day so we can afford a leisurely breakfast. I just snagged a table on the aft deck and am watching the crew refill napkin wrapped silverware and shoo away a bird.

My plate has:
*fresh melon and pineapple
* muesli
* a hash brown puck
* 2 eggs benedict with hollandaise
*asparagus
* a bagel with cream cheese
*plain iced tea

I know, I know, but then I skip lunch. I so wish I could blink my eyes and be there.

Just after midnight here... I'd love to be up on deck, standing at the rail, watching and listening to the water go by. I love how quiet and calm the ship is late at night.

7am here. Walking deck 4. The sound of the waves. Watching the world just roll by. I can smell the ocean. So happy. Almost time for a dry cappuccino at the Cove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter