What is still missing for you?

For me, it's the magic and joy. It seems like everything is just too much work at this point for one day visits, which I used to enjoy. If I am staying onsite, I usually have a good evening and a good morning, but I still don't enjoy much of the experience when comparing to my prior (preCovid) visits.

I almost made a thread about how bad the day was this past Sunday. I think if I didn't have so many prior experiences, it wouldn't have been as much of a let down. Starting with the parking lot, it took about 20 minutes from getting in the covered part of the line to the front of the line. Grumpy people working the tram area. We paid for Genie + and that's the only rides we went on as we don't want to wait over 30 minutes in a line for anything. Even with using Genie +/LL, the Soarin line took forever. We were going to do single rider for RSR and were told it was a 45 minute wait. On the plus side, mobile ordering was working well. It just seemed like the majority of people working were extremely unhappy/untrained throughout the property. I looked forward to my survey and I had a lot to say, but it only asked me about DCA.

Early entry, extra magic hour, regular park hopping, fastpass and not having to make park reservations. One thing I always loved about Disneyland was it was just so easy and I never really planned anything. Now you have to know far in advance when you want to go, which day/which park, so many more ADRs etc.

Also, I can't exactly miss the "Magic Happens" parade since I never had a chance to see it, but I'm disappointed they didn't bring that back.

Early morning entry, park hopping when it suits you, dining reservations by phone or without any stress of not getting a booking.
Pomme Frites & Mickey beignets at Cafe Orleans.
Menus that aren’t watered down at my favorite restaurants, Napa Rose for example.
The group Tours, Like Walk in Walt’s Footsteps and the train one.

Honestly, I'm not super picky about most things because a day at Disneyland is always better than a day not at Disneyland. I'd just like to have FP or MP back. I actually haven't been to DL since Genie+ debuted, but I did use it at WDW and was so frustrated and disappointed with how limited it is. MP was great. Why couldn't we have just kept that?
Because Disney wants our money and is indifferent to the damage Genie+ has done to the guest experience. 😢

The value...I love Disney, but I am finding it more and more difficult to justify spending money going to the parks. Give me back Magic Express and fastpasses and I will be much happier.

Park-hopping whenever! Not stressing about dining reservations. Walking up to a restaurant and ordering there instead of mobile ordering everything.

I am so excited for character encounters to be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!