• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is something you wish you would've done last time at Disney?

I wish I was smarter than the average bear and thought about Florida water ...We used the Britta bottles but that only helped with the taste not every thing else that was in the water. I spent the last three days on our trip sick with stomach cramps and the last day with worse than cramps.... Oh don't forget the ice in your drinks is also from Florida water...

Originally posted by cook4you
I wish I was smarter than the average bear and thought about Florida water ...We used the Britta bottles but that only helped with the taste not every thing else that was in the water. I spent the last three days on our trip sick with stomach cramps and the last day with worse than cramps.... Oh don't forget the ice in your drinks is also from Florida water...

Does this mean that the water isn't treated? I just purchased bottled water because I didn't like the taste of Florida water ... I never thought much about getting sick from it...

I wish I had seen the Osborne Lights when we were there in Dec last year. We went in Dec in 2001 & 2002 and missed it both times! This year we are going in Nov so I don't think it will be up by the time we fly home on Nov 23rd.

I wish I had taken more pictures of my favorite parade, Tapestry of Dreams, because now it's gone! :(

We are like alot of people, GO GO GO, never stopping to just enjoy our suroundings. Last year we took a scavenger hunt with us that we had gotten from our travel agent (she used to be a CM) and it really helped us see the little things. Even the CM's got into it, we would try to find something on our own and if we couldn't find the answer, we asked a CM. They had lot's of fun helping!

If anyone wants a copy, please email me at Legacytrio@aol.com and I will send it to you. It's a 7 page MS word doc.

There are things to find and questions to answer from every park. It's just fun.

....I wish I had bought some packs of miniature WDW rides at the new toy store at DTD.....

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Maybe they still sell them. You would buy a pack of, I think, about 3 miniature rides.....it was about $5 a pack......

Maybe I hallucinated the whole thing.....I can't even find them on e-Bay.......

I know this isn't really "Disney" but I wish we had gone to Cypress Gardens last year. This was suppose to be our year to go and it's now closed :(

We'll just have to think of something else different to do :)

I wish I had set some ground rules for my trip with my friend and her granddaughter. The girl's Mom gave us a whole list of rides and activities to do, and my DDIL gave me one for my granddaughter as well. We pushed and pushed until everybody's list was complete. My friend and I were testy with each other since I felt compelled to do everything. My dream trip turned into a disaster for me. I had been looking forward to this trip for 8 months and was very disapointed.
Another thing, my friend's daughter didn't want her 5 YO to miss kindergarten so we were only allowed 3 days to do everything. My friend thought that 3 days would be enough time at Disney and still believes it is true. Sure since she saw enough to satisfy her and the 5 YO but I felt cheated. I paid for everything and feel I was deprieved of the joyous vacation I longed for.

The good news is I went back with my 5YO grandson and DH the next month and we has a wonderful time. No lists from parents this time.

1. Tea at the GF

2. Illuminations (if we weren't so afraid of missing a day in the parks to rest we could have kept 5 yr old ds up later, he is definitely not a night person :teeth: )

3. Hula lessons at Polynesian

4. Carriage ride at POR

5. Wish I hadn't let that nasty lady behind me go in front of me in line while checking into POR, she proceeded to rant at a CM for the length of the line. :rolleyes:

6. Did babyswap so I could ride Rockin' Roller Coaster (2 trips still haven't done it!)

*When I first read this post I thought I didn't have any regrets!!:D

Originally posted by minniespal
Not a thing - we were there for 3 weeks and had a fantastic time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't resist replying to this post. I wish I could take three weeks straight to really walk around and quietly see Disney World. We are retired and have the time.We are also DVC members so we have the accomodations. What I need is a husband who could stand it!!:p

Originally posted by mommystieg
Slowed down!!

I did this my last time down in WDW. I had 8 nights and really enjoyed myself so in that respect I didn't have a regret. But, I do with I had spent it with someone. I enjoy going on vacations by myself, but there are times when I wish I had it to spend with someone. I now have a GF and would love to take her to WDW and spend time exploring together.

Steven

Steve,

I agree that WDW might be fun solo but when you have someone to share it with, it truly becomes magical. That being said, it sure is nice that you have such a lovely place to vacation each year. I think that would be an enticement for any girl. Good luck with the new girl friend. Hope everything works out for you.

Marylyn

In hindsight I would never have take DS girlfriend or I would have dropped her off at her Aunt's house by the second day. Most days we didn't get to the parks till after 11 a.m. She started getting upset with my DS and ended up walking with me while he walked off with DH. It was our 30th anniversary. It was supposed to be DH and my time together.
At the end of EPCOTs fireworks, she says "I've seen better." I ask her where and she says "Dorney Park (PA)". I say no way and that starts another fight between her DS and me, with DS sticking up for me. This was her first time there and we were trying to get her to see as much as possible, but with her lateness and her attitude she pretty much ruined the atmosphere that we usually experience at Disney.

We are going in July and DS is NOT taking anyone with him this year. He is very outgoing and will probably find someone to hang around with if he gets bored with mom and dad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter