What is so great about Chef Mickey's?

DisneyMommy77

DIS Veteran
This restaurant didn't catch my attention at first, but now I hear it is great. What is so great? The food or the characters? Is Minnie mouse there too? Do the characters actually stop at your table for autographs and pictures? What types of foods do you get?

Thanks so much

I have an ADR for CM even though I've read many many reviews and my friend said it was awful, we are still going to try it. We are doing it for breakfast for our first morning in Orlando :)

I personally don't understand why so many people say that Chef Mickey's is awful. We go every trip and really enjoy it. Although it is not the absolute best food we have during our vacation, it is by no means terrible IMO. I think that it's pretty good, and on top of it being a fun atmosphere it's a fun place to go. The food is a buffet, I can't remember all of the food but I know they have like roasted chicken, carved beef..there was more meat but I can't recall, mashed potatoes, vegtables, mac and cheese, pizza and chicken nuggets for little ones, salad..I know there's more but I can't remember. There is also a lot of good deserts to choose from too :). The characters include Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Goofy, and Pluto (we have also seen Chip & Dale, but they weren't there this past trip) All the characters come to your table to sign autographs and take pictures. They have always spent a good amount of time with us. Overall, we've always really enjoyed Chef Mickey's and I don't understand all the bad reviews :confused3

We did breakfast at Chef Mickey's this past trip. It was typical breakfast buffet fare, nothing to write home about. It was worth every moment for us for two reasons - being able to meet Mickey and the gang without the long lines at the parks, and my son the monorail freak really enjoyed being able to watch the monorail come through. So we basically will continue to eat there for the ambiance, although the food is not terrible.

We've done the breakfast twice now and made it as late as possible so it's actually brunch; the dinner menu doesn't appeal to me at all. Both times have been worth it for the character interaction alone.

The first time we had the latest possible seating so at the end it was empty and Mickey actually sat down with us and interacted for a LONG time.....it was the one thing my girls talked about until our next trip. The second trip I took my mom with us and the characters all made a bigger deal over her then the kids. Mickey even gave her a big kiss (she heard the smooch :) )

As far as the food goes there are always some things we go back for seconds for and the kids love that you can have brownies for dessert at breakfast! I'm glad they did away with the separate buffet for kids and it's all one now....much easier on us moms.

We have always enjoyed Chef M's, we try to get an ADR there every trip. My kids love it, and look at their ages!

i agree with the above poster , why do people say it is aweful . We ate there for dinner last year and have an adr for this dec . but i will say we had a late adr and it was nice saw all charecters 3 times and the food was good for a buffet the charecters were true too form awesome and i will always go back .

Basically as long as the food is edible I am happy. I am going for the characters. We are heading to Chef Mickey's the evening that fly into Orlando. We are going during the busy Spring Break season, and I am thrilled that we will get the see the Fab 5 without waiting in lines!

our last meal at Disney each trip. We eat a late lunch on our departure day. I'll have to say that the characters are the main draw for my family. My daughter loves Pluto who isn't at many meals and the only character I have seen my jump up to have her picture taken with was Minnie. I would prefer an omelet and waffle station but I always find plenty to eat. The challah french toast is probably my favorite.

Minnie at CM

IMG_0115.jpg

DH and I LOVED it!
We were just there in July on our Disneymoon, so no children - but I thought it would be fun to have a brunch the morning after our wedding as we would be having an easy day ;). We were staying on the monorail line so it was super easy to get to.
As others have said, the food is typical buffet food - I did find a few items, specifically the scrambled eggs a bit cold, however it was worth it for the characters. DH and I wore our bride and groom ears and have great pictures with all the main 5 characters. I wasn't sure if DH would be as in to it, but, we had seen all the characters except for Mickey and he kept looking around for him - then Mickey appeared from a back door behind our table and DH got so excited I thought he was 5 again :rotfl2:

although I prefer 'ohana, it is a good character breakfast. The food is fine. But the set up of the place allows u to see the characters milling about even when they are not w/ you. My kids enjoyed watching them make their way over to us

I liked the atmosphere and characters at Chef Mickey's. The food is average, but seeing the characters makes the experience, IMO.

caroline

2010 CR
2011 AKL

We did the chef mickey breakfast for the first time in October. It was great - not too busy, food was fine and the characters weren't rushed. We did a 7am breakfast.

It was better than some other character meals we did - not sure why the bad press.

My 4 yr old loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter