What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

We picked up on MCO A side on Friday March 4th at 10 am. Our class was midsize "Toyota Corolla or similar" per our Emerald ressie.

Correct on the Corolla - there were 18. Second most popular was the Honda Civic - there were 4 (I've never seen a Honda in a rental fleet before - how the mighty have fallen). The rest of the selections available included 2 of the new 2011 Elantra, 1 Jeep Patriot, 1 Chevy Malibu, 2 Chevy HHR's, 2 Honda Accords (again - never seen these before) and 2 Toyota Camry's. I asked the National lady if taking the Malibu would be an issue and she said the Malibu/Accord/Camry were fine if parked there - I wouldn't have to go back and pick again as they had too many of those available if they chose to put them in that lane.

Picked up March 10 around 1245pm.

Aisle and Executive were stocked full, though most on the Aisle appeared to be the typical mid-size and full size cars...... I am kicking myself for not taking a closer look.

Executive had mostly full size and a few larger sedans, plus a Kia Sorrento, Ford Edge, and a few minivans.... we took the Sorrento, though I think I would have taken the Edge if we would have seen it...... it was way on the end and we didn't see it until we were pulling out...

My Executive had expired Feb 28, but this ressie still said Exec and I didn't get any hassle at the booth for taking from Exec.... we'll see if anything is different when I return the car...

Duds

Picked up March 10 around 1245pm.

Aisle and Executive were stocked full, though most on the Aisle appeared to be the typical mid-size and full size cars...... I am kicking myself for not taking a closer look.

Executive had mostly full size and a few larger sedans, plus a Kia Sorrento, Ford Edge, and a few minivans.... we took the Sorrento, though I think I would have taken the Edge if we would have seen it...... it was way on the end and we didn't see it until we were pulling out...

My Executive had expired Feb 28, but this ressie still said Exec and I didn't get any hassle at the booth for taking from Exec.... we'll see if anything is different when I return the car...

Duds

Glad to hear it went well so far. Too bad you missed the Edge as I know you wanted it. Hopefully drop off will go smoothly. I'm not surprised the aisles were full. Have you seen the current prices? :scared1: no one could afford to rent a car right now. My May rental I have is a total of $277 for 12 days, but now the same reservation is closer to $700 with the same codes. I hope it gets better. Enjoy the nice weather -- I'm 7 weeks away from my next trip!

mkymouse4ever, hope you have a great trip too. This thread will be waiting for your bumps when you get back. Hope you got something fun from the aisle too!

GHave you seen the current prices? :scared1: no one could afford to rent a car right now. My May rental I have is a total of $277 for 12 days, but now the same reservation is closer to $700 with the same codes. I hope it gets better.

I've been looking at National's rates for our trip in August and all I can say is :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:!! Holy moly, I don't think I've seen rates so high. I want to stick with National b/c I love the ease of the Emerald Aisle. We are looking for a mid sized SUV or possibly a standard SUV for 10 days. I still have 5 months to go so I'm really hoping the rates drop and new coupon codes come along.

Which models are available for mid sized & standard SUVs?

I've been looking at National's rates for our trip in August and all I can say is :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:!! Holy moly, I don't think I've seen rates so high. I want to stick with National b/c I love the ease of the Emerald Aisle. We are looking for a mid sized SUV or possibly a standard SUV for 10 days. I still have 5 months to go so I'm really hoping the rates drop and new coupon codes come along.

Which models are available for mid sized & standard SUVs?

I know!! I also have a trip in August too and the rates are scarey! I hope it gets better because they are not going to rent any cars with those prices, but I've checked Alamo and they are just as bad. I'm glad I booked a decent rate for May, and always hoping for better but I've never seen rates like this and I'm been an EA members for 10 years.

Picked up march 10 @9 am ex aisle a many suv s and full size cars. No convertibles or vans. We took a black ford escape sun roof. And sirrus. 4000 miles on it. Nice

Picked up march 10 @9 am ex aisle a many suv s and full size cars. No convertibles or vans. We took a black ford escape sun roof. And sirrus. 4000 miles on it. Nice

Guessing you're not back yet, so did a bump for you....:jumping1:

I know!! I also have a trip in August too and the rates are scarey! I hope it gets better....

What's weird is that the rates for my trip in September were nice and low-ish on March 6 when I checked (but did not reserve, woe is me). Then a week or so later, they doubled or more! I do not know what they are thinking....

I just saw that hotwire has some decent rates, but of course you're locked in, no future discounts, and the kind of car you paid for... I want the EA again!

What's weird is that the rates for my trip in September were nice and low-ish on March 6 when I checked (but did not reserve, woe is me). Then a week or so later, they doubled or more! I do not know what they are thinking....

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. The only agency with decent rates right now is Enterprise. Everyone else isn't worth the price of the rental. :sad2: Hope prices come down ... a lot!

Guessing you're not back yet, so did a bump for you....:jumping1:

Got back late on the 25th. We returned about 1pm on side A, but, the return is near alamo and not national or EA. So unable to check it on way home. Sorry. We where also running late on time. :scared1: Ooops.

mky:cutie:

We picked up on the exec aisle on March 18 at 1 pm. I took the only Chrysler 300 that was there. Was a 2010 with over 8,000 miles. They brought a brand new Charger out right after I loaded the 300 but we kept the 300. There were lots of Impalas and Camrys. No minivans at all. This was B side.

Noticed that the price (just using the default Emerald Club contract ID that is auto-filled...using any other IDs made the rate huge again) for mid-Sept came down a bit. Just a head's up. :)

If the price is the same, then I select that. When you get your confirmation the top part will now say Executive Selection (instead of Emerald Aisle Selection).

I rented Emerald Aisle (not Executive Selection) last weekend. I was headed to WDW and the OCCC for a quick trip for my daughter's national cheer competition. She stayed with the team on I Drive, while I stayed on property.

Got a fabulous deal mid-March - prices dropped for about 3 days, and availability for the free weekend day coupon opened up.

The team needed to shuttle the 26 people to and from the airport, so they asked if I'd help.

I've been renting National EA for about 10 years now, and I've never seen a minivan on the aisle.

When I went to A side Friday morning around 9:45 am - there were lots of Impalas and Camrys on the Aisle - one Volvo - and a beautiful maroon Dodge Grand Caravan. Sold! I felt guilty choosing it - as most of the weekend, I'd be solo - but it was a godsend for the trips to/from the airport with the girls. I was so excited to see the van - the water was still on it from being washed - I forgot to look over to see what the Exec Selections were.

So - it is possible to get a van, although I certainly would never count on it.

Just got back from Orlando. Arrived at 6:00pm. Went to the B side Emerald Aisle. There were 6 or 8 Chrysler / Dodge minivans. Lots of Impalas and similar sedans. One Jeep and one Kia SUV that smelled heavily of cigarettes. The other SUV on the Aisle was a Ford Escape nicely equipped. That's what we took. Comfortable and lots of room in the back for our teenagers.

This term was first used by Dr. Drennan (1754-1820), in the poem called Erin. Of course, it refers to the bright green verdure of the island.

“An emerald set in the ring of the sea.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter