What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

Just out of curiosity, what contract do you have? I don't expect the code, since then everyone would try to use it, I've just never seen any contracts that gives insurance and good rates.

Also, does your credit card/insurance company not cover rental cars?

It's via my employer so no I won't give out the code :)

If your employer rents enough cars they probably have a deal like this with a major car rental agency. My last one had the same type of contract with several agencies due to the "volume" we produced.

Yes, it does, but, if you use the third row there would be no room left for luggage, maybe, a couple of carry ons or one large bag.

Thanks for that. I need the car more than the space. I arrive in the morning alone and the rest of my group arrives in the afternoon but they are taking DME so their bags will be delivered. The same for departure. We will both use RAC so cargo space is not an issue.

Thanks very much

Executive Aisle, B side at 630p. A couple of Volvos, Maximas, Jetta, Ford Edge, Lincolns, a CX9, a Jeep, a Jeep comander and a Dodge Durango, which we took. The Durango had only 12 miles, so, thank you gmeh1, the 2012 are out! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Great update! Thanks
Lets see if we can get it up. :wizard: :thumbsup2

Question for all of the National experts out there. Have any of you ever used Priceline to bid for a car rental? Do you still get to use EA if you're a member? Or does Priceline assign you a random car type - like Compact, Standard, etc?

6:30pm on the 12th, B side.

3 Durangos (though one of them had a broken third row seat so it wouldn't go down...we reported it to the employees), a Flex (I *told* hubby to go see how it felt to sit in, but he didn't, and then someone else took it when he went back to check it out), a few Escapes, an Expedition, various smaller cars, some Journeys (which we'd never heard of), a Cruze, and others I can't recall.

Basically, most of the cars there were very big and tall! Of course, we really wanted the car we got the last trip, a Dodge Nitro, but oh well, can't get everything ya want. :)

We are here for awhile and had a lot of luggage, and for the first part of our trip we might get to transport 2 kids besides our child, so we figured a 3 rows-of-seats vehicle would be best (since they had them...if they hadn't had them we would have just planned on bussing around with the kids)). So we chose the white (for anti-heat purposes) Durango.

Sirius, backup camera, press a button on the remote to start the car (and the air conditioner). Most excellent.

Only difficult thing? It's so quiet (even less noisy than our Grand Marquis) and smooth that it's super-easy to go a bit too fast! Eek!

Question for all of the National experts out there. Have any of you ever used Priceline to bid for a car rental? Do you still get to use EA if you're a member? Or does Priceline assign you a random car type - like Compact, Standard, etc?

You pick the car size when you bid.

You cannot use EA or any other "features" you will have to go stand in line first. IF you get National then you can "select" your car after you have checked out inside. No gurantees on who you get however and it may very well not be National.

(If it's another company same basic rules. No rental car club features where you get to skip the counter with any of them if you go the PL route as far as I know)

6:30pm on the 12th, B side.

3 Durangos (though one of them had a broken third row seat so it wouldn't go down...we reported it to the employees), a Flex (I *told* hubby to go see how it felt to sit in, but he didn't, and then someone else took it when he went back to check it out), a few Escapes, an Expedition, various smaller cars, some Journeys (which we'd never heard of), a Cruze, and others I can't recall.

Basically, most of the cars there were very big and tall! Of course, we really wanted the car we got the last trip, a Dodge Nitro, but oh well, can't get everything ya want. :)

We are here for awhile and had a lot of luggage, and for the first part of our trip we might get to transport 2 kids besides our child, so we figured a 3 rows-of-seats vehicle would be best (since they had them...if they hadn't had them we would have just planned on bussing around with the kids)). So we chose the white (for anti-heat purposes) Durango.

Sirius, backup camera, press a button on the remote to start the car (and the air conditioner). Most excellent.

Only difficult thing? It's so quiet (even less noisy than our Grand Marquis) and smooth that it's super-easy to go a bit too fast! Eek!

Thanks for the report. Was that on the regular EA or the Executive EA?

You pick the car size when you bid.

You cannot use EA or any other "features" you will have to go stand in line first. IF you get National then you can "select" your car after you have checked out inside. No gurantees on who you get however and it may very well not be National.

(If it's another company same basic rules. No rental car club features where you get to skip the counter with any of them if you go the PL route as far as I know)
Thanks for the info OCC. I'll definitely stick with going directly through National then.

Thanks for the report. Was that on the regular EA or the Executive EA?
I'm curious about this as well. Some of those seem a bit nicer than I'd expect for EA, though I don't have much experience with it..

I agree about the nice selection. I have to think if there was a Chevy Cruze, though, it could not be the ExA.

So, I now have a reservation with Alamo as well as National. The Alamo one saves me $40, but I'm hoping National will come down, so I'm holding on to it.

If I stick with Alamo, I assume that from what's been said on here, I'll find the same basic car types in the Midsize aisle at National as I would in the EA, minus the minivans, SUVs and possible Fullsize vehicles?

Just regular old Emerald Aisle. (if we had Executive I wouldn't reply on this thread, as the title is simply about the Emerald Aisle and I'm funny like that, LOL)

Just regular old Emerald Aisle. (if we had Executive I wouldn't reply on this thread, as the title is simply about the Emerald Aisle and I'm funny like that, LOL)

Thanks! We too are Executive members, but since we can choose from both aisles, I often will choose from either. I try to post back what I see on both when I can. That was a pretty good selection on just the regular EA.

Thanks! We too are Executive members, but since we can choose from both aisles, I often will choose from either. I try to post back what I see on both when I can. That was a pretty good selection on just the regular EA.

we are her now, picked up on monday side A

both sides of aisle ...regular and executive had vans and suvs on them with some big units like surburbans and durangos

would say probably about 15 total and they were constantly bringing more over in the 20 or so minutes we were there waiting for our time to manifest ( plane got in early )

on the other hand n2mm, are you getting close to "elite" this year???

This question is for gmeh1.

I want to rent from National to use my Exec benefits and my American Express reward points. Unfortunately for my dates (Oct 4-12), I cant get anything under $200 for mid size or full w/exec aisle. I do have Alamo for the same time for a standard size for $97 out the door.

What I would like to know is by some chance do you put larger cars on the standard aisle? I know I won't get what I would get on the Exec aisle but if I cant get a decent rate for National I might have to go to the Alamo res. I want Exec because I will take a chance on getting some kind of 7 pass vehicle. (Please no flames here!!) If the Exec aisle doesnt have one then so be it. I am just looking at alternatives to National if the price doesn't drop soon.

Thanks very much.

I am not the person the post was directed at, but as a weekly renter... no, the "normal" aisles don't get many upgrades. Only exception might be if they run OUT of a car type, but that is not likely with your basic car sizes.

we are her now, picked up on monday side A

both sides of aisle ...regular and executive had vans and suvs on them with some big units like surburbans and durangos

would say probably about 15 total and they were constantly bringing more over in the 20 or so minutes we were there waiting for our time to manifest ( plane got in early )

on the other hand n2mm, are you getting close to "elite" this year???

Wow, sounds like you had a good selection to choose from. Hope you find some sunshine and not all rain!!!

Nope, I'll probably never see elite! I think I only manage 50+ rental days a year....still too short. I'm happy with Executive! Thanks for taking time to post back while on vacation!

I really wish the National rates would come down. ;)I love being able to pick from the Emerald Aisle but I just booked an amazing rate on a Full Size car at Alamo. Only $184/11 days-complete! That is less than 1/2 the National rate on a Mid-size. I could get 2 cars at Alamo for that rate.I've been checking the National rate for weeks and it's just not budging. :confused3

Looks like I may have to cancel my National one. I just can't see paying double the rate. Too bad as we enjoyed using the EA these past 2 trips. :sad2:

Keep playing with the rate. I have an Alamo Mid-size running $102 for 9 days and the same at National (EA) for $116. National was high until 2 weeks out. It dropped briefly but it's gone back up a bit since.

I really wish the National rates would come down. ;)I love being able to pick from the Emerald Aisle but I just booked an amazing rate on a Full Size car at Alamo. Only $184/11 days-complete! That is less than 1/2 the National rate on a Mid-size. I could get 2 cars at Alamo for that rate.I've been checking the National rate for weeks and it's just not budging. :confused3

Looks like I may have to cancel my National one. I just can't see paying double the rate. Too bad as we enjoyed using the EA these past 2 trips. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter