What is missing on the Wish?

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
To help set proper expectations, what is missing and also still to come on the Wish? I have not done extensive research but so far I have read:

Missing:
Cove Cafe snacks
Free late night snacks in adult areas
Palo Brunch Buffet (across all ships)
Pirate Bandanas

Still to Come:
Aladdin
Uncharted Adventures

Please make corrections and/or add on! :)

Last edited:
Servers said there is supposed to be a special sipper in Arendale but it hasn’t come in.

There's no mini-golf on the Wish. This - along with Uncharted Adventures being unavailable - was a huge disappointment to our family.

Marceline Market is not currently open for dinner, but according to Disney's website, it will be sometime later.

We were on the August 1-5 sailing and they were already sold out of the Quantum Core souvenir sipper that we had seen would be available in the Marvel restaurant.

We were on the August 1-5 sailing and they were already sold out of the Quantum Core souvenir sipper that we had seen would be available in the Marvel restaurant.
We sailed August 8-12 and people were getting the Quantum Core sippers on night 4, so they must have had them back in stock.

We sailed August 8-12 and people were getting the Quantum Core sippers on night 4, so they must have had them back in stock.
Oh that’s good!! If anyone goes on the Wish and is willing to mail one to Canada for me please let me know! My husband would love it!

Reports on FB that Aladdin is on this sailing’s schedule for Sunday night.
That would be awesome!

Missing at least on my cruise.. manicures in Hook's even though I booked it. (Yes, I'm still annoyed with the way that was handled - I was told they aren't doing them there which made no sense).

There's no mini-golf on the Wish. This - along with Uncharted Adventures being unavailable - was a huge disappointment to our family.
Oh no! My kids loved doing that at sea days. What is the golf thing in the Hero Zone? Do you need reservations?

Oh no! My kids loved doing that at sea days. What is the golf thing in the Hero Zone? Do you need reservations?
That is likely chip it golf which is a contest thingy. Uncharted Adventure did debut on today's sailing.

As the PP said, Chip It Golf. A ping-pong type ball is wrapped with Velcro. You do a sand wedge stroke (lifting the ball into the air) to land on a large piece of Velcro carpet. Scoring is like a dart board - closet to middle gets highest score. On other ships, it has been played in the Atrium. All ages welcome, I believe.

Not on Pirate night on our WIsh cruise last week. We were in Arendelle and the servers wore Arendellian attire. No sign of pirates.

Having just done halloween on the high seas on the Wish, I feel like a lot of small details have been cut back. Costumes on pirate night, bandanna, increased character opportunities, cold towels and water when returning from castaway cay.

It's little things here and there, but they all add up to devalue to product

Having just done halloween on the high seas on the Wish, I feel like a lot of small details have been cut back. Costumes on pirate night, bandanna, increased character opportunities, cold towels and water when returning from castaway cay.

It's little things here and there, but they all add up to devalue to product
Chances are that things were cut due to staffing and not in an attempt to be "cheap"

Chances are that things were cut due to staffing and not in an attempt to be "cheap"
That makes sense for some things, but it doesn't make sense for bandanas and pirate costumes. The Fantasy stopped having bandanas for a while, too. I don't know if they're back now. We still go them on the Dream in February, though.

Staffing is definitely an issue. Got off the Wish Monday and I have never seen a situation where there were little to no waiters on the decks or on castaway. Literally could not find any for long stretches of time. Also ran into quite a bit of unfriendly or indifferent staff especially in Marceline Market. But I will say that the staff in Hooks Barbery, the Rose and Nightingales were absolutely fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter