What is Magical Beginnings?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
Please excuse my ignorance, but I am a brand new DVC owner. First DVC trip coming up in April. I'm already planning to buy add-on points. I know that the minimum is 25 if paying cash, or 50 if financing. But I read one post that referred to "100 if using Magical Beginnings." Could someone please clue me in on that?

This discussion board is terrific. I just discovered it a few days ago, and I've learned so much from the rest of you!! It has made me more excited than ever about being a DVC owner!!!N

MB is a deal where you can sell back to Disney up to 1/2 of the first years points that you get when you join. They buy them at $10 per point and the idea is to make it easier to get in by using that toward your down payment.

hi: just a quick note- magical beginnings is only available if you purchase from disney directly; this is not available on any resales.

I was told there was a limit by my guide You could sell back 1/2 your points up to a maximum of $2000 at $10 a point. I did it over the phone in Oct of 2000. I was also told there was a better sellback program onsite, but I am not sure about details. Good Luck!

Yep, I remember the $2000 limit too. I was just there in Jan/Feb 2001 and took the DVC tour at BWV. The program that they described there was the same. I'm not sure about a better program on-site. I have heard that there is a more liberal program at VB.

What is the typical downpayment? A fixed dollar amount or a percentage of the purchase price? Is it possible to use the magical beginnings to cover the entire downpayment?

I too agree, compared to the boards I have found on AOL; This board is much more active and just as informative.

Michael

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter