What is going on Feb. 8-13th?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
I am trying to find available rooms and only Deluxe seems to be available. Is there an event going on that I am unaware of?

There is a national cheerleader competition that weekend. Not sure what else. But there are posts about various weeks that have not much availability. I think since that is only a month away, there just isn’t much left to choose from. Those dates have been discounted for a few months too, so rooms are pretty well booked. The way things have been at WDW lately, you pretty much have to book early for a greater selection.

Have you tried looking through a third party site such as Priceline or Hotwire? I booked through Orbitz for that week at Pop Century, got a decent deal.

As @focusondisney mentioned, there's a high school cheerleading competition that weekend. The athletes will stay at the value resorts, maybe some at CSR as well. It's also a bit late in the game so that contributes as well.

As well as February being a HUGE month for Argentina 15s.:)
I'm staying at Pop the 13th to the 15th. I booked preferred -- do you think I'll have a problem with cheerleader's or 15s in preferred? I'm scarred from an experience last July with large teen tour groups keeping me up until 3 am.

I'm staying at Pop the 13th to the 15th. I booked preferred -- do you think I'll have a problem with cheerleader's or 15s in preferred? I'm scarred from an experience last July with large teen tour groups keeping me up until 3 am.

I have no experience with the 15's but I was at Pop during the Pop Warner week in December. I mostly just ran into the groups in the food court during breakfast - didn't really have much of an issue with them otherwise. I think the majority of these groups stay at the All Stars rather than at Pop Century. Obviously, your mileage may vary.

Yes it's the National High School Cheerleading Championships, and Pop is one of the hotels the girls will be at. I am a coach coming with a Senior Rec team (grades 6-8) and we will be at Pop. If you see any girls in MJT gear acting up let me know so they can be dealt with! I requested Pop because All Star Sports is mayhem this weekend, they practice all hours on the fake field there. This is our first year so I have no idea what to totally expect. I have gone with a group for Dance the World previously and that was fine, but the shear number of cheerleaders who attend NHSCC scares me I won't lie. I already plan on taking the walk over to AoA for most of my food court meals.

Hi if you don't mind me asking, vintagemomma, which weekend is the cheer comp? Is it the 8-10 or 15-17?

I requested Pop because All Star Sports is mayhem this weekend, they practice all hours on the fake field there.
Definitely!:)

Mickey Mouse Field is a sight to se during any Cheer competition(College,High School,Cheerleading Worlds,Summit,etc.)!:)

It is always fun to see the looks on the faces of All-Star Sports Guests(especially from other Countries) who have no idea what has "invaded" their Resort!lol:)

32371667606_0dcb30268c_c.jpg

Yes it's the National High School Cheerleading Championships, and Pop is one of the hotels the girls will be at. I am a coach coming with a Senior Rec team (grades 6-8) and we will be at Pop. If you see any girls in MJT gear acting up let me know so they can be dealt with! I requested Pop because All Star Sports is mayhem this weekend, they practice all hours on the fake field there. This is our first year so I have no idea what to totally expect. I have gone with a group for Dance the World previously and that was fine, but the shear number of cheerleaders who attend NHSCC scares me I won't lie. I already plan on taking the walk over to AoA for most of my food court meals.
Thanks! Can I ask what category of room the groups have booked?

Also, I'm wondering if the cheerleaders stick around for the week after the competition. I won't be arriving until the 13th, so I wonder if this is really going to be a big issue for me.

Thanks! Can I ask what category of room the groups have booked?

Here's the travel pack so you guys can see where they could be and when.

https://www.varsity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/19_uca_championships_nhscc_bidpacket.pdf

Varsity isn't real forthcoming on the info front, which kills this planner. We don't get room type or tickets etc until we get there. So no booking fastpasses until arrival. We don't even have our resv. number so no booking dining in advance either.

Also, I'm wondering if the cheerleaders stick around for the week after the competition. I won't be arriving until the 13th, so I wonder if this is really going to be a big issue for me.

It's prob mixed, HS band is there the week after so a few parents are just staying straight through, but most leave Mon or Tues. I am planning on leaving Weds.

Is the HS Band a large competition or just your local band? Sorry I am only going to be there for 2 days the 13th and 14th and I am really hoping it is not crazy busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter