What is going on Feb. 8-13th?

Cheer and S. American tours, which is why I now travel at the end of February.

Also, I'm wondering if the cheerleaders stick around for the week after the competition. I won't be arriving until the 13th, so I wonder if this is really going to be a big issue for me.

Most of the cheerleading squads will leave the Monday or Tuesday after, so the 11-12th. I can't speak to the band members.

Is the HS Band a large competition or just your local band? Sorry I am only going to be there for 2 days the 13th and 14th and I am really hoping it is not crazy busy.

That I don't know the answer to, I only know about it because one of our parents has a son in the band and told me she is staying over since they will be there.

I'm staying at Pop the 13th to the 15th. I booked preferred -- do you think I'll have a problem with cheerleader's or 15s in preferred? I'm scarred from an experience last July with large teen tour groups keeping me up until 3 am.

I stayed pool preferred at Pop last July with a ton of 15s (as well as international soccer kids). No noise issues as they were all staying standard. Most of the time they used private chartered buses as well. We only saw them in the food court in the AM (no issues) or at the pool (that we never actually used).

HTH!

Is the HS Band a large competition or just your local band? Sorry I am only going to be there for 2 days the 13th and 14th and I am really hoping it is not crazy busy.
Note that February 14th is Valentine's Day.

I cannot speak for Cheer, but our DD is on a dance team that will be at WDW the 1st weekend of March and I know most, if not all, of them are coming right back home, so not to miss anymore days of school. Some trips they do not even have time to go to a park because their schedule is so packed. But I know this year the coaches are going to try to give the team a half a day at a park after the competition is over and then they head back home at 5-6 in the morning the very next day.

Yes it's the National High School Cheerleading Championships, and Pop is one of the hotels the girls will be at. I am a coach coming with a Senior Rec team (grades 6-8) and we will be at Pop. If you see any girls in MJT gear acting up let me know so they can be dealt with! I requested Pop because All Star Sports is mayhem this weekend, they practice all hours on the fake field there. This is our first year so I have no idea what to totally expect. I have gone with a group for Dance the World previously and that was fine, but the shear number of cheerleaders who attend NHSCC scares me I won't lie. I already plan on taking the walk over to AoA for most of my food court meals.

I was there as a parent for the first time last year (middle school squad) and coming back this year. We stay All Stars. You are so right in that All Stars is a zoo. LOL. Good luck to your squad! We have some local teams going in that division you are in. We are from Murfreesboro, TN (outside of Nashville). My DD cheers for Rockvale Middle (JV Small division).

Also, I'm wondering if the cheerleaders stick around for the week after the competition. I won't be arriving until the 13th, so I wonder if this is really going to be a big issue for me.

We are there for cheer and checking out 2/14. We did the same last year and it seemed most cheerleaders left that Monday/Tuesday.

I was there as a parent for the first time last year (middle school squad) and coming back this year. We stay All Stars. You are so right in that All Stars is a zoo. LOL. Good luck to your squad! We have some local teams going in that division you are in. We are from Murfreesboro, TN (outside of Nashville). My DD cheers for Rockvale Middle (JV Small division).

Thank you and same to your daughter, we are actually competing in Game Day it's the first year it's being offered for Rec. Our sr team competes both teams locally throughout the year, but my co-director and I LOVE game day, so jumped at the chance to compete it the first year.

Can I ask you a few quick questions, since Varsity isn't real forthcoming on the information front, when you arrived to your hotel did you check in at front desk as usual then go find the NHSCC table to pick up tickets or did you have to go to them first? Also, how long did they wait to send out the DME info to you? I won't lie this not having hotel resv. number etc in advance is killing me. When we did dance the world while we didn't receive it all super early we still had tickets, magic bands, etc in advance.

Ok, what happens on Valentine's day? I didn't think it was a big deal.
We were there for Valentine’s Day last year. I guess there are a lot of special cupcakes and snacks, but if you aren’t looking for them, they are easy to miss. I didn’t notice any other acknowledgment of the holiday.

Twirl Mania is February 15-18.:)

Twirl, as in batons? Didn't know people still did that! It does seem there is always something going on, I'll be at WDW the following weekend, which is the Princess half-marathon

Thank you and same to your daughter, we are actually competing in Game Day it's the first year it's being offered for Rec. Our sr team competes both teams locally throughout the year, but my co-director and I LOVE game day, so jumped at the chance to compete it the first year.

Can I ask you a few quick questions, since Varsity isn't real forthcoming on the information front, when you arrived to your hotel did you check in at front desk as usual then go find the NHSCC table to pick up tickets or did you have to go to them first? Also, how long did they wait to send out the DME info to you? I won't lie this not having hotel resv. number etc in advance is killing me. When we did dance the world while we didn't receive it all super early we still had tickets, magic bands, etc in advance.

They have a separate tent that has packets with your teams magic bands, lanyards and tickets. So our coach went to pick them up and then handed them out. Within 30 minutes of arriving. I started getting fastpasses immediately. Of course, couldn't get FOP or Seven Dwarves (did end up getting this as a 4th!). Did get all other coasters, Tier 1 rides though. We arrived 11:00 and rooms were ready around 3:00. Our team did a practice in the meantime. Love Game Day! We have a few local squads competing Game Day this year. One being Christiana Middle.

They have a separate tent that has packets with your teams magic bands, lanyards and tickets. So our coach went to pick them up and then handed them out. Within 30 minutes of arriving. I started getting fastpasses immediately. Of course, couldn't get FOP or Seven Dwarves (did end up getting this as a 4th!). Did get all other coasters, Tier 1 rides though. We arrived 11:00 and rooms were ready around 3:00. Our team did a practice in the meantime. Love Game Day! We have a few local squads competing Game Day this year. One being Christiana Middle.

Thank you! We are all arriving on different modes of transport and across a few days, so should be fun getting stuff to everyone (I get there first). This will be a first, having middle schools in same category as a Rec squad. At all other UCA comps they are separated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter