What if I just order appetizers and drinks at a table service?

We often eat this way in real life, both out at restaurants and at home. It would never occur to me that a restaurant would have a problem with it--then again I don't go a lot of places where you need to make a reservation six months out.:D

I've ordered a drink and app (no entree) at the San Angel Inn with no problem whatsoever.

instead of having them included in your "free" Dining plan????
Most of the year, the Dining Plans aren't free (but when they are, there's no point in parentheses). Any Dining Plan Free is, well, free. Menu homogenization does l not disappear when the promotion ends.

so I can go to BOG just for the "grey stuff"? and I thought I heard someone say the Beast is there during dinner, is that true?

I want to try a bunch of places, their drinks, and an appetizer or two, dessert as well, but do not really want the expensive entrees.

Will they say no and kick us out?

1) This is perfectly fine at any ala carte eatery.
2) And, no, they will not kick you out.

so I can go to BOG just for the "grey stuff"? and I thought I heard someone say the Beast is there during dinner, is that true?

The Beast is wandering around constantly... "THE BEST IS COMING THROUGH" or something like that, and he charges through the dining area. Then when you are done with your meal you go see him in a picture session. He's pretty huge.

For some reason, I thought BOG had a food requirement when ordering alcohol. Can you order just champagne and cupcakes?

BoG has never had a requirement to order anything to get wine/beer.

You just can't take it out of the restaurant.

I have been on the Appetizer Dining plan for several years. It has nothing to do with saving money and everything to do with quality and diversity. The appetizers seem to be the last remaining hold out from the standardization of the Disney menus, perhaps because Disney actually has to convince you to buy them instead of having them included in your "free" Dining plan????
I so agree. The appetizers are often so much more appealing. Plus I do not need an entree that is ginormous.

The Beast is wandering around constantly... "THE BEST IS COMING THROUGH" or something like that, and he charges through the dining area. Then when you are done with your meal you go see him in a picture session. He's pretty huge.

Does he only do this during dinner or does it happen at lunch too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter