What if...COVID

Thank you everyone. We have been hunkered down for the last couple of weeks and were tested on Thursday. We have decided to continue with our trip and fly out tomorrow morning. We can’t wait! If anything does happen, we plan to try and get a one-way rental car to drive home.
But if you have Covid, you should not go to a car rental place and infect them. Then infect the car and how do you return it? Come pick up my car in a gaz mat suit? That is the problem.

But if you have Covid, you should not go to a car rental place and infect them. Then infect the car and how do you return it? Come pick up my car in a gaz mat suit? That is the problem.

We have some friends who will be down the same time as us and they are driving. If we have any issues, they will assist in getting the rental car to us.

Have you heard of Disney throwing out COVID positive guests?
The only people who get kicked out are those who refuse to abide by the resorts’ quarantine rules..stay in your room at all times, only use contactless room service/ delivery, etc.

We were just there and no one in our party of 5 got sick if that makes you feel a little better. My 2 and 5 year olds literally touched every handrail/rope at all 4 parks......

Drive, just bite the bullet and drive...

This way you will have peace of mind... knowing if something where to happen you could get home...

Just a quick update...we are on Day 9 and headed back to the airport. All four of us have stayed well and hope it stays that way once we get home. Disney is doing a great job!
Thanks for the update! I hope that you remain well :).

I am not sure how driving would be safer in your situation especially if you are considering spending overnight in a hotel. I think I would prefer a 90 minute flight

I felt MUCH safer in a hotel than in the airport and on a plane (drove to Disney and stopped overnight each way vs. a work trip that I had to fly for). It's much easier to avoid being near other people in a hotel.

I felt MUCH safer in a hotel than in the airport and on a plane (drove to Disney and stopped overnight each way vs. a work trip that I had to fly for). It's much easier to avoid being near other people in a hotel.
Exactly. I have no problem with a hotel. Easy to avoid people.

Plane you are packed like a sardine and can't avoid people coughing or that lady from Buffalo who is yapping loudly the whole flight.

Exactly. I have no problem with a hotel. Easy to avoid people.

Plane you are packed like a sardine and can't avoid people coughing or that lady from Buffalo who is yapping loudly the whole flight.

I'm pretty sure I'vs sat next her as well ...real bad perfume???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter