What I Learned With My ADRs This Morning

We tried the time vs. the generic meal but struck out on that too. I added 'Ohana to a reservation tracker thing and will hope for the best. We're not super upset but it'd be a good grab.

Topolino's was one we were fine either way on. We were able to get in at Boma so that's fine!

I wish it were easier to see if you can get two 4 tops close to the same time without making the one reservation before going back in.
You can try calling, but I know the wait time can be really bad. If you see 2 reservations for 4 around the same time maybe they can book it under 2 different names?

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...k-few-dining-reservations-split-group-402837/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/party-of-8-dining-reservation-tips.3829307/

I tried creating another account for ADRs but with all the IT issues on my account I just chickened out.

Our ADR day was this morning and OMG what a mess! Luckily my friend that's going with us came over (with coffee) and we tag teamed the reservations! I thought I'd add since it was helpful for me to see what others were having issues with, esp as a larger group. In the end it took us about 3 solid hours of trying to get most of the reservations we needed secured with a few that we ended up cancelling when we ended up with better times/days.

We are a group of 8.

60: Boma @ 5P
60+1: Biergarten @ 5P
60+2: Liberty Tree 11A, BOG 4P
60+3: Boma @ 7A, Ragland Road @ 6P
60+4: SciFi @ 10:30A, 50s Prime @4P
60+5: Sanaa @ 1P, Beaches at 3P, Liberty Tree at 6P (will drop one probably)
60+6: Boma @ 8A

Our priorities were Sci Fi then Be Our Guest then Ohana. The date we got SciFi for was the only one that was available the whole week. It's not ideal but it was a priority for one of the kids so we took it.

Be Our Guest was tricky at first but then the later it got the more dates/times popped up. We ended up with way too many BOG reservations bc of how they kept opening up. We ideally wanted it for our 60 day but NOTHING in Magic Kingdom is available that day so we went with one at our resort.

'Ohana was a nope nope nope. There were no dates/times that ever popped up for our group but a reservation finder did pop up later with one on the 60 day but it was for 9:45P which is too late for the kids. We ideally wanted this for 60+2.

Beaches was next and that was tricky too. We did end up finding it for 60+5 but I'm not sure we'll keep it. We wanted it for 60+1.

We never saw anything for Via Napoli, Space 220, Tony's, Cinderella, Topolino's or Chef Mickey's. Probably due to our group size?
Oh wow, this kind of scares me, I am going to be a party of 7 and also have 60+6 :( We are going the end of January though, maybe less crowded? I was planning on dropping to 6 people for some reservations if that's all that comes up available

We tried the time vs. the generic meal but struck out on that too. I added 'Ohana to a reservation tracker thing and will hope for the best. We're not super upset but it'd be a good grab.

Topolino's was one we were fine either way on. We were able to get in at Boma so that's fine!

I wish it were easier to see if you can get two 4 tops close to the same time without making the one reservation before going back in.
Which tracker did you use (are we allowed to ask that on the message boards?) and did you do it for a single restaurant and how many days does it track for you?

Oh wow, this kind of scares me, I am going to be a party of 7 and also have 60+6 :( We are going the end of January though, maybe less crowded? I was planning on dropping to 6 people for some reservations if that's all that comes up available
I swear I think anymore there is no "less crowded" lol. Here's hoping you have better luck!

From what I was told by friends who worked at Disney you are better off to book either 7 or 8 because those are generally the same table but 6 tops (which also seat 5) are a different table or two 4 tops pushed together.

Which tracker did you use (are we allowed to ask that on the message boards?) and did you do it for a single restaurant and how many days does it track for you?
Touring Plans, it will track as many days as you want and 2 restaurants but I have the plan so I think that is included?

Touring Plans, it will track as many days as you want and 2 restaurants but I have the plan so I think that is included?
I liked the stakeout app for just 1 reservation. It sends a text alert. MD probably prioritizes paid and by the time I would click (even within a few seconds) the ADR would be gone. I had a paid subscription to Touring Plans and I wouldn’t even get an alert when MD was sending multiple alerts.

I worked so hard to get the ADRs but we were so disappointed with how Genie+ and ADRs kept conflicting that we cancelled our Topolinos ADR. I wouldn’t book more than 1 per day as they’re taking 2 hours with desserts to go (ADRs which took slightly over an hour in 2020 post pandemic).

Definitely keep your HS night open. I would book a Topolinos early breakfast or late (double as lunch) on that day.

If you missed something and can eat after 9 pm, you can search after hours are added 2 weeks prior and more ADRs are released (we got CRT that way).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-park-hours-and-new-adrs.3831833/page-10

I liked the stakeout app for just 1 reservation. It sends a text alert. MD probably prioritizes paid and by the time I would click (even within a few seconds) the ADR would be gone. I had a paid subscription to Touring Plans and I wouldn’t even get an alert when MD was sending multiple alerts.

I worked so hard to get the ADRs but we were so disappointed with how Genie+ and ADRs kept conflicting that we cancelled our Topolinos ADR. I wouldn’t book more than 1 per day as they’re taking 2 hours with desserts to go (ADRs which took slightly over an hour in 2020 post pandemic).

Definitely keep your HS night open. I would book a Topolinos early breakfast or late (double as lunch) on that day.

If you missed something and can eat after 9 pm, you can search after hours are added 2 weeks prior and more ADRs are released (we got CRT that way).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-park-hours-and-new-adrs.3831833/page-10
A few of ours were definitely hail mary reservations to just get SOMETHING before we got what we were aiming for. We'll probably drop a few as our plans solidify. i.e. 50s prime was a backup to the child's scifi request so we booked that before scifi opened.

A few of ours were definitely hail mary reservations to just get SOMETHING before we got what we were aiming for. We'll probably drop a few as our plans solidify. i.e. 50s prime was a backup to the child's scifi request so we booked that before scifi opened.
Sci fi is very difficult to get. Definitely keep that esp. if it’s for lunch (we can’t ride thrill rides after a heavy meal). The food (mostly burgers) is ok (don’t get any dish with seafood or pasta-didn’t sit well with us) but the shakes (vegan available as well) are great. The atmosphere is unique in our opinion and beats anything else in the park.

Our teen doesn’t want to go anymore and with allergies it’s hard to justify the cost/experience vs Topolinos nearby (sci fi is more reasonably priced).

Our ADR day was Monday and we ended up getting everything we wanted, at the times we hoped for. Our ADR's are mostly for a party of 6 or 7. The process was a little slower because it made me input my credit card for every one instead of it being saved (I checked beforehand to make sure my card was stored on my MDE).
Same thing happens with me. I use an iPad with saved (non Disney) credit card and use that instead. If IT won’t fix the problem (spent 6 hours with them years ago), then I’m not inclined to give them any more $$$

The app sometimes works and has my Disney visa card info but its glitchy and slow as well.

I worked so hard to get the ADRs but we were so disappointed with how Genie+ and ADRs kept conflicting that we cancelled our Topolinos ADR.
I know this can be a big problem for a lot of people - you have an ADR and then your LL conflicts, which is not your doing, it's Disney's. I thought I read somewhere that you should keep the ADR and then let CM at the restaurant help you with your LL time. I think if you are late for LL due to an ADR and you show your receipt at the ride, they would still let you ride. They don't want you skipping/cancelling ADRs so they will accommodate, I would think. If we have any conflicts that pop up on our next trip, that is what I plan to do.

If availibility for ADRs stays the way it is now, I don't see stressing myself out trying to get very many of them. I will definitely try for HDDR. We'll see about the rest.

so you are saying to open several tabs with the restaurants you want to book. However, I have seen users saying it is better to find the restaurant via MDE account , not the search option. Now I have no idea what to do

https://www.disboards.com/threads/my-adr-experience-what-to-do-not-do.3894957/
I did this on Tuesday and it worked great. I had tabs up and ready for the restaurants I wanted, including CRT which was my most difficult one, and was able to get everything I wanted. However, as mentioned above, I did have to enter my credit card each time even though it was saved, which might have slowed things down. Later that day, I booked something on the app, and the process was much quicker and I didn't have to enter my card. But would it have worked as well when I was doing multiple reservations right when my time opened? I don't know.

But if you use the website on your computer, do you open tabs for every restaurant in advance or find the restaurants individually on MDE account(website not phone)?
I had a tab for every restaurant where I had pre-selected the time I wanted to book. I did that the night before, then got on at 5am CST and went to each tab to reserve each one.

But if you use the website on your computer, do you open tabs for every restaurant in advance or find the restaurants individually on MDE account(website not phone)?
I opened tabs for a few restaurants that would be hard to get, but not for all of them. Also, I had to input my credit card on the website, but not the App (where it used the saved credit card). So it took longer to complete the reservation on the website.

I did this on Tuesday and it worked great. I had tabs up and ready for the restaurants I wanted, including CRT which was my most difficult one, and was able to get everything I wanted. However, as mentioned above, I did have to enter my credit card each time even though it was saved, which might have slowed things down. Later that day, I booked something on the app, and the process was much quicker and I didn't have to enter my card. But would it have worked as well when I was doing multiple reservations right when my time opened? I don't know.
Perfect. So if I have the tabs open on my desktop with the restaurants I want, it will work ? I can save my credit card on Google account to expedite things. Thanks

I opened tabs for a few restaurants that would be hard to get, but not for all of them. Also, I had to input my credit card on the website, but not the App (where it used the saved credit card). So it took longer to complete the reservation on the website.
Last question. When you were using the app, would you you search for the restaurant individually then pick the date and party?

Last question. When you were using the app, would you you search for the restaurant individually then pick the date and party?
I didn’t do that, I just chose the day, time and party. Using the app. I got San Angel Inn, Oga’s Cantina, Nine Dragons, and The Plaza. Using the website, I got Candlelight Processional dining package at the Rose and Crown and a lunch at The Hollywood Brown Derby. Couldn’t get California Grill or Topolino’s at 60+3. I did more on the app because it was quicker and I wasn’t booking “headliners”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter