What hard-copy docs (besides ID/citizenship) do I ACTUALLY need at the port?

In Miami we spent quite awhile trying to get into the port because I didn't bring the spiral book. The person wanted the spiral book. I had all the other documents printed out but - where is your book? ??? Geez... Yikes...
I did find the Miami folks were not quite as knowledgeable as PC. I had to remind our CM when we checked in to give us a boarding number card...
I have heard others find Miami a bit more chaotic...so
BRING your spiral book if you are cruising out of Miami! Makes life easier
Interesting! We sailed out of Miami last October and no one ever mentioned the spiral. We never ever bring it. The only time it was mentioned was in Vancouver, but even then we didn't need it.

That having been said, if everyone did that, it would make the lines even longer and slower.

FWIW I haven't experienced anything different time-wise when we had paperwork with us vs not having it. I'm talking about checkin at PC; I very literally do not remember showing anything to anyone going into the terminal so I can't speak to that (except once or twice I haven't had anything but haven't had to go to the naughty room or another line or anything). They are doing so much at that point anyway, that they click a button to print something and do something else while I'm writing whatever. It's all very multitasky there.

FWIW I haven't experienced anything different time-wise when we had paperwork with us vs not having it. I'm talking about checkin at PC; I very literally do not remember showing anything to anyone going into the terminal so I can't speak to that (except once or twice I haven't had anything but haven't had to go to the naughty room or another line or anything). They are doing so much at that point anyway, that they click a button to print something and do something else while I'm writing whatever. It's all very multitasky there.

I hear you. I just wonder what kind of cascade effect would take place if everyone failed to bring OLC documentation and did it from scratch from the counter. Some folks would be quick like you. Some folks (like that lady at the counter next to me) would take a good bit longer with questions and such.

Last edited:
So what is this "cruise contract" then? I went through everything and I don't have one. I've agreed to one, sure, and I've done my signature form. (No sig form in booklet.) I do not have a hard copy "cruise contract".

I'm not stressed about this in the slightest; vague instructions ("bring all your cruise docs...whatever they may be, lol") just make me twitchy.

So what is this "cruise contract" then? I went through everything and I don't have one. I've agreed to one, sure, and I've done my signature form. (No sig form in booklet.) I do not have a hard copy "cruise contract".

I'm not stressed about this in the slightest; vague instructions ("bring all your cruise docs...whatever they may be, lol") just make me twitchy.
The cruise contract is available on the DCL site. And, during your online check in (remember that?) you checked that you agreed to the contract terms.

You don't really NEED the cruise contract, unless you want to print out several pages of fine print to have.

The only "cruise docs" you need are the Signature page and your ID (birth certificate/passport).

Now, relax.

You actually need nothing. Everything can be signed when you get there. Just your proper ID and you can do everything once there.

(we have a cruddy printer and I am sometimes forgetful, so this has been experienced!)

This! I show up with nothing but ID's. I sign everything when I get there. It seems like every time we go on a cruise the kids have broken the printer. Every April when taxes are due we buy a cheap printer.... a few months later it's broken. We leave in 2 days for a cruise, and by some miracle my printer is actually working. I'm too lazy to print anything out....and why break tradition I'll just sign it all when I get there.

I have completed 10 cruises on DCL and have never been asked for the spiral book. I have taken it with me maybe a couple of times but never used it. I complete the online signature form and bring it with me. The only thing I have ever been asked for at the port entrance is a photo ID. At check-in I have my BC, ID and the signed form I print during online checkin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter