What happened to all of the in park and resort videos??

jsbowl16

DIS Veteran
I feel like ever since Oliver has been gone from the Dis, we do not have nearly as many videos of the parks and areas around the resorts. We are lucky if we get much more than Steve being in the park for five minutes on a Tuesday. There used to be Saturday strolls, new character meet and greets, world showcase country tours, etc and now I check youtube daily and we are lucky if we are seeing videos from the parks or resorts once a week. I am not saying that we need to bring back Oliver but my family really enjoys seeing the team in the parks and I feel like it is really lacking lately.

I feel like ever since Oliver has been gone from the Dis, we do not have nearly as many videos of the parks and areas around the resorts. We are lucky if we get much more than Steve being in the park for five minutes on a Tuesday. There used to be Saturday strolls, new character meet and greets, world showcase country tours, etc and now I check youtube daily and we are lucky if we are seeing videos from the parks or resorts once a week. I am not saying that we need to bring back Oliver but my family really enjoys seeing the team in the parks and I feel like it is really lacking lately.

Maybe only Patreon contributors get the videos now? I'm just guessing.

Last edited:
When they first started Patreon, Pete said that there wouldn't be any less content than what they currently have. It would just be available for Patreon users earlier. I am not sure if that has changed but that is what he said when they first started it.

Maybe only Patreon contributors get the videos now! I'm just guessing.
To my knowledge, Patreon isn't getting much besides the "early access" videos the past several months. There are a couple "special" videos as I just scrolled down through several months of posts, but I can only remember two videos that have come from a resort or a park this year.

To my knowledge, Patreon isn't getting much besides the "early access" videos the past several months. There are a couple "special" videos as I just scrolled down through several months of posts, but I can only remember two videos that have come from a resort or a park this year.
Pretty much spot on. Early releases (by 24 hours give or take) and a few odd special videos. And they're planning some other possible percs, I understand.

But to the point ... no. Patreon subscribers are not getting a boatload of in park videos that nobody else is getting. That much just be a change by the video team.

Pretty much spot on. Early releases (by 24 hours give or take) and a few odd special videos. And they're planning some other possible percs, I understand.

But to the point ... no. Patreon subscribers are not getting a boatload of in park videos that nobody else is getting. That much just be a change by the video team.

I was just taking a guess. I purely listen to the audio so I don't know what the video frequency used to be like.

There is also a cost and time thing. There is a lot of stuff opening up and videos lately have been the early press access or early views of something new. plus they are people, they can't work 7 days a week, that's inhumane. and then there is ratings.. for all we know, they just aren't cost effective.. There's also only so many times you can show the same thing in quick succession before it's boring, people move on, or you start to ignore other things people are also interested in. Oliver to me looked like he was making sure to get a walk around just before decorations changed, that's not really going to happen anywhere until pandora opens and flower and garden ends. Also the decorations tend to be the same thing each year during the same season so it's pretty much at the point it's just another video of the same thing.. It's also been really crowded lately so perhaps the video is just deemed unusable after a few attempts in crowds to get it.

And then you have being unique and doing it there way. everyone else is starting to do walk around, walk around live and other things that we've seen for awhile.... They went pretty hard last year, hard to the point that i'm sure many of them got a little burnt out. It was a crazy couple years with closures, late nights, weekend openings and now that disney is embracing the vloggers and press better than they have in the past, more opportunity from disney to get coverage has everyone running for the same things...

Personally, I like what the channel has been.. I never really liked most of the videos except for that topical show tuesdays just after the news with dustin. while it's not a return of that, we're back to 20-40 minute episodes that are topical and I enjoy that.

just my 5 cents.

I think you answered your own question. We were stretched thin on what we could do before Oliver hence why he was brought in. Now that he left, and no one can bring him back as it was his choice, we are back to where we were before. It's that simple - a third person allowed for more to happen.

I think you answered your own question. We were stretched thin on what we could do before Oliver hence why he was brought in. Now that he left, and no one can bring him back as it was his choice, we are back to where we were before. It's that simple - a third person allowed for more to happen.

Alright stop groveling I'll take the job!

You realize that you just opened the floodgates for prospective production assistants.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate everything the team does. I guess I was just a little spoiled seeing so much from the parks while he was on the team. For those of us who only get to the parks once a year or less, it is great to see any kind of park videos you produce. Keep up the good work guys and hopefully we will see some more park videos in the future.

That brings up something I've been wondering about. What exactly is the difference between TheDIS and the DISUnplugged?
The Dis channel is where they post overview videos and the daily fix. The Dis Unplugged channel is where they post the podcast and vlogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter