What Grocery delivery service do you use?

I haven't used drizly but use Instacart for alcohol (not beer/wine).
Can I ask why you would use drizly and not Instacart. I thought I did a lot of research
looking for the easiest with best prices (although convenience usually will come first for me) and wonder why more people aren't using Instacart. Maybe I'm missing something and want to know what LOL

For instance, why are people saying they are still using Garden Grocer even with higher prices, is it convenience and if so, what makes them better than Instacart.

Thank you so much!

I almost used garden grocery last trip. I’m a pretty loyal customer, so if I like a service I’m willing to take a small hit on price to stick with a company I have used and trust.

However when I went to do my shopping I saw the prices and then went right to amazon.

My point being maybe people are comfortable with garden grocer and don’t like the idea of a new comapany?

When Instacart first offered deliveries in Orlando, the service was great and the prices were reasonable. I made several posts recommending them. We did have an issue where credits on our account were put on hold for some reason and after spending a couple of hours on the phone with them, they released the credits with the understanding that we could use them last week. When we went to place the order, the credits were missing and after a couple of emails to support, we were told that the $110.00 in credits expired last June and they would not reinstate them. Also their fees have increased and so have the product markups.

We ended up renting a car for one day, did our own shopping at Publix and saved $60.00 including the car rental cost.

I can no longer recommend Instacart. :sad2:

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
I will be staying at OKW. Will they deliver to HH or to bldg. I am staying at?

I will be staying at OKW. Will they deliver to HH or to bldg. I am staying at?
We ordered from Publix which uses Instacart for delivery and met them at HH. After that, she had no problem driving to my building (64) and even offered me a ride also. From what I understand, they cannot deliver directly to the room, which makes no sense because pizza deliveries can.

We have gone back to using Prime Now. Never had a problem with them. Have used them 5 times now

Started with Garden Grocer years ago.....prices too high
Went to WeGoShop.....issues with owners
Tried Walmart.....issues with them too....or bank blocking our credit card. Got delivery a day late, but they did deliver to the door
Happy with Now

I am headed to OKW in January and debating between Walmart and Amazon prime now. I also am thinking drizly for liquor since both walmart aand amazon prime now wont deliver that

We’ve been using Garden Grocer for years and always place a big order for our arrival day.
PROS: Reliable, never let us down, will happily deliver booze without you being there in person if you scan and upload your license when you place the order.
CONS: Clunky “add-on order” system where you can’t just modify an existing order, adding or subtracting stuff. You have to place a new “add-on order” and designate your original order as the “parent order”. And to remove something you have to send them an email. Fiddly and annoying compared to services like Peapod and FreshDirect (which we use at home).

We’ve been using Garden Grocer for years and always place a big order for our arrival day.
PROS: Reliable, never let us down, will happily deliver booze without you being there in person if you scan and upload your license when you place the order.
CONS: Clunky “add-on order” system where you can’t just modify an existing order, adding or subtracting stuff. You have to place a new “add-on order” and designate your original order as the “parent order”. And to remove something you have to send them an email. Fiddly and annoying compared to services like Peapod and FreshDirect (which we use at home).

I use to use wegoshop for many years and didnt have to be present for the alcohol to be delivered since I had sent a copy of my license. Does GG deliver alcohol other than beer/wine? I really hate to have to wait around and book our delivery for when we arrive/before dinner and if I can ger beer, wine and Jose Curovo margarita as well as food delivered before we arrive and have it waiting for me, I will look i to this tomorrow. I wasnt aware I didnt need to be present for alcohol delivery for GG and hope they deliver more than beer/wine.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
I just checked GG and its just beer and wine.

Also, a 32 pack of water is $11. I have a 24 pack sitting in my cart at Instacart waiting for me to order for $3.35 and can get beer, wine and other alcohol. Thank you for the GG information, but I guess Instacart still works for me and will be ordering in less than three weeks. Yey.

Used to use Garden Grocer. No More. Dizzy Dolphin the only way to go for us. Personal hands-on service, organized groceries, wonderful follow-through and follow-up. The ladies that run it are fantastic.

We used prime now for this trip and prices were great but inventory changes frequently and both times I ordered, our cold groceries while properly marked were not refigerated at Kidani. I don’t know if their markings are difficult for hotel staff to see or if Kidani is particularly bad at refigerating cold items. Either way I would use again but plan to pick them up immediately after delivery.

Check their prices, total cost for our order would have been $100 higher compared to shopping for yourself.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you for this information. I use Instacart for food and alcohol. I do not want to Uber back and forth to a store on my vacation and not sure my bill would be $100 more but for the convenience and my vacation time, Ill pay it.

We used prime now for this trip and prices were great but inventory changes frequently and both times I ordered, our cold groceries while properly marked were not refigerated at Kidani. I don’t know if their markings are difficult for hotel staff to see or if Kidani is particularly bad at refigerating cold items. Either way I would use again but plan to pick them up immediately after delivery.

Same. I used Prime Now for the first time two weeks ago. The colds were in insulated wrap but I am not sure if they were in the fridge at BWV, the bags weren't marked cold like garden grocer used to do. Or if they were it wasn't obvious?

That said, I will still use Prime Now going forward. I did check my cart frequently for things going in and out of stock. Next time I won't bother setting a cart until right before I go to cut down on that.

Used to use Garden Grocer. No More. Dizzy Dolphin the only way to go for us. Personal hands-on service, organized groceries, wonderful follow-through and follow-up. The ladies that run it are fantastic.
This is where I’m leaning too. On Friday I went to input a GG order. The prices are sky high now and I’ve reached my breaking point. What did it was an Entenmann’s coffee cake of all things. $10.49 on GG. $6.49 in the hotel gift shop. When your prices are more than the Disney resort gift shop, things have gotten crazy. I’ll try Dizzy Dolphin for February. Fingers crossed. Been a GG customer for ten years. A company needs to reevaluate when they are losing customers of ten years.

This is where I’m leaning too. On Friday I went to input a GG order. The prices are sky high now and I’ve reached my breaking point. What did it was an Entenmann’s coffee cake of all things. $10.49 on GG. $6.49 in the hotel gift shop. When your prices are more than the Disney resort gift shop, things have gotten crazy. I’ll try Dizzy Dolphin for February. Fingers crossed. Been a GG customer for ten years. A company needs to reevaluate when they are losing customers of ten years.

And, with GG, you are limited to what they store in their warehouse. They will not find you "special" items like DDD will. Love those ladies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!