What Grocery delivery service do you use?

I don't order a LOT of food, usually around 3 to 4 bags plus a pack of water, and usually tip $5. Prime Now also recommends a $5 tip for their delivery person, which can be done through through the Prime Now app.

I don't order a LOT of food, usually around 3 to 4 bags plus a pack of water, and usually tip $5. Prime Now also recommends a $5 tip for their delivery person, which can be done through through the Prime Now app.

Wait a minute...I'm getting confused...Is Amazon Prime different than Amazon Prime Now?

Wait a minute...I'm getting confused...Is Amazon Prime different than Amazon Prime Now?

Yes. Amazon Prime Now is the on demand grocery [and some other things] delivery service that delivers in scheduled two hour windows, same day or next. They can "shop" AMazon or Whole Foods, including perishables, and delivery to WDW resorts via Bell Services.

Amazon Prime is normal Amazon They deliver through normal commercial carriers like USPS, FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc. Some things can be delivered in some markets as soon as next day or even same day [not sure what Orlando's minimum delivery is]. The WDW resorts charge a $5 fee per package for these types of orders. You pick up your order via the front desk.

SW

Amazon Prime NOW is a separate phone app from Amazon Prime, and as Starwind said, they deliver fresh produce, meats and other groceries to your resorts Bell Services desk...like Garden Grocer or Instacart. Or you can order at primenow.amazon.com It accesses your normal Amazon billing info. Prime Now is available to WDW resorts, and I wish it was available in my home area, but I live outside the San Antonio delivery area.

We use Amazon Prime NOW. Have done so twice and they have been great. We even forgot a phone charging cable and added that to our order and it came with our groceries.

For anyone who has used Shipt...we have a membership already and use it regularly for small supplemental orders. If we use it at Disney, do they deliver to the front of the resort only or can you give them your room number for them to deliver right to your room? TIA!

Last edited:
I will be staying at OKW. Will they deliver to HH or to bldg. I am staying at?
I used PrimeNow back in October 2018 and when I got the text message that my driver was en route with my delivery, there was an option to send a text message with instructions so I sent her a text message with my room number and told her that I would be in the room. My kids were sleeping (it was early!) so I waited in the lot outside and the driver delivered right to my building. She helped bring the groceries up to my room, but she offered to stay outside so as not to wake up the surly teens. I'm not sure if it was "allowed" or not, but that's how we did it and it worked out fine.

I’ve used both amazon services, no complaints other than the occasional smooshed box (but contents just fine inside)

Last august was at Poly on cash reservation, used regular prime. Was very surprised to find the box sitting on table inside our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter