What else am I missing?

ambo1024

Earning My Ears
I will be going to Disney to all parks and Universal and Seaworld for 8 days in the 3rd week of October 2007. I have scheduled a charactor Dinner on my Birthday and the Mickey's not so spooky Halloween. Is there anything I should know that I can go or do for free or otherwise for my birthday and are there any other idea's that I can look into for activities like carriage rides and so forth that I should know about. I am going with my husband, 4-6 year old boys and my father (he lives in Kissimmee). I will be staying at the value resorts. Any Idea's would be great! Thanks

Amber

Sounds like you have a full-packed vacation already. But, if you are looking for something that is FREE to do if you can fit it in, what about Chip and Dale's campfire sing-a-long? We went in May for our first trip. It is a free event at Fort Wilderness campgrounds. You can buy a marshmallow or smores kit there and you can roast marshmallows. They have a sing-a-long and then Chip and Dale pay a visit. Chip OR Dale will come around to everyone for a pic and autograph, but you only get 1 of them, not both. After the sing-a-long, they show a Disney movie. We did not stay for the Disney movie, but we did the campfire sing-a-long and DD (4) loved it. After that, we walked down to the beach and saw the Lighted Boat Parade. The parade was pretty late, around 10:00PM and it was a pain to get back to our hotel afterwards, just an FYI........... Check allearsnet for times b/c depending on the time of year you go, the time for the campfire changes.

Also, if you can make it to Downtown Disney, my DD loved the Lego place. They have a bunch of stations outside and the kids seem to love it and it is FREE!

Hope this helps! Enjoy your vacation!

Don't forget to get a Birthday button at Guest Services at any of the parks. You will be greeted, with Happy Birthday, by both CMs and guests. When my DD7 wore her button last year she got birthday calls from Goofy (probably only for the little ones?) as well as free desserts.

One free (or almost free) thing we've done is take the boat from WL over to FW and visit the petting zoo. DD(then5) enjoyed seeing the ponies and rode one ($4) with me leading the pony. Your boys might enjoy it too. Also, don't overlook the lure of playgrounds and beaches. My DD7 still loves to play in the sand and play on the playground. She makes instant "best friends" almost every time. She likes playing in the sand at Poly while we wait for Wishes and Electrical Pageant. She also enjoys playing with the Legos at DTD.

I've found helpful suggestions here:
http://www.mousesavers.com/free.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter