• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What does this mean?

waltdisneyworlddreamer

100% WDW Fanatic
The flight that we booked through Delta says that it is Operated by Delta Connection Carrier, Chautauqua Airlines Inc. What does that mean? Is it not Delta? Should I be concerned??
1st time flyer!!!

A lot of the big airlines use subcontractors to fly their smaller routes. It's been done for years and years, nothing to even think about. :goodvibes

-- Eric :earsboy:

You'll be flying on a regional jet that has ~50 seats or so (there are smaller ones, but the 50 seaters are most common). Chautauqua has good service, I think you'll enjoy it!

We LOVE the little Chautaqua planes and service. It is a great airline!

Carol

I would rather fly regional jets than anything for short hops. The time it takes to board is the best. It is a small jet and you can still take 1 carry-on plus 1 personal item. For your standard size carry on bags: you take with you to get on plane but leave at the bottom of the steps, then you pick them up as you get off. There's overhead storage that will hold small backpack, laptop cases, etc. It's a lot easier way to travel! :flower:

We're flying delta too but our first flight is by Conair. Never heard of them either.

All the major airlines do this, especially with the short commuter flights. Some are wholly owned subsidiaries of the airline, like Comair is of Delta; others are independent but have codeshare arrangements, perhaps with multiple major carriers, like Chautauqua does according to their website. I've never flown Chautauqua, but I have flown Comair many times and have had great service with them.

:goodvibes Thank you so much! That makes me feel better. I am really nervous about flying anyway. I was in a panic, ready to completely redo our plans!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter