What does the sign say?

...so why not a billboard about another billboard!

We are gonna find out nothin' from that billboard!

"Coming soon..." will reveal a billboard that says "Look for billboards in the future about something exciting, coming in the future, to a favorite palce, nearby, in central FLa."

There are still comittees in session to inform those committes who make the billboards...oh I give Up! :rotfl: :hyper2:

nezy said:
...so why not a billboard about another billboard!

We are gonna find out nothin' from that billboard!

"Coming soon..." will reveal a billboard that says "Look for billboards in the future about something exciting, coming in the future, to a favorite palce, nearby, in central FLa."

There are still comittees in session to inform those committes who make the billboards...oh I give Up! :rotfl: :hyper2:
Oh my gosh, now you're confusing me over my confusion!!! :faint: :rotfl:

The insanity is driving me INSANE! :crazy2: :teeth: :crazy2: :hyper:

I got a post card in the mail last week that said the SSR promotion (15%) ends February 1st.

cdpa4d said:
I got a post card in the mail last week that said the SSR promotion (15%) ends February 1st.

Yes, that is why I'm thinking the sign will be tied to whatever promo replaces the 15% promo.

As of this afternoon the sign was unchanged.

However, there was a backhoe on the site. There is now a form in place for what appears to be a circular footing like what would be used to support a billboard. There was a crew of 2 digging a trench to the foundation- possibly for an electrical connection. These are located immediately behind the "Coming Soon" sign.

From the looks of what is now in place, it seems that the information shared by DVC-John and dianeschlicht would make perfect sense. Based on the extent of construction today, I don't expect to see the final result before I leave this weekend. I will check again though.

Stay tuned!

Doc, we will be arriving Sunday at SSR. Is the sign at the entrance to Fairfield's timeshare on Bonnet Creek? We will look for it.

It is located right across from the entrance to the Fairfield Bonnet Creek Resort where it meets Buena Vista Drive.

dvc_john said:
That's what I posted on Dec 23 on 'that other thread', but nobody (with a few exceptions) will believe me. So Diane, don't expect them to believe you either!

I believe you, because you're correct. :flower:

The new sign will promote onsite awareness of DVC, and the position near Bonnet Creek is intentional.

Just hang in there John, pretty soon the doubting Thomases will see you are correct.

The sign will not announce any new expansion projects.

On our going home day last Tuesday, one of the DVC kiosk reps at DTD said the sign was there to announce a new billboard that was going up today.
Our tax $$ at work..............ooppps, I mean our Disney $$ at work!

Sammie said:
I believe you, because you're correct. :flower:

The new sign will promote onsite awareness of DVC, and the position near Bonnet Creek is intentional.

Just hang in there John, pretty soon the doubting Thomases will see you are correct.

The sign will not announce any new expansion projects.

Not to sound mean, but I am glad they won't announce expansions yet. Mainly because I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A CR DVC YET!!!!!! So yes I know it is selfish... but I really want a monorail resort.

I agree. I'd love points at a monorail DVC, but it just wouldn't be in the cards right now!

If DVC does announce a new resort anytime soon I hope it will be this summer when we are in Florida....otherwise we can't even get info about it except from the disboards of course....DVC still doesn't sell in Hawaii :confused3

yitbos96bb said:
Not to sound mean, but I am glad they won't announce expansions yet. Mainly because I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A CR DVC YET!!!!!! So yes I know it is selfish... but I really want a monorail resort.
Keep in mind that after Disney announces a new DVC resort, it would be somewhere around two years before occupancy. And it's unlikely that points would go on sale until around six months before occupancy.

So, even if Disney issued a press release today, you'd have to wait around 18 months to buy points.

Disney isn't going to put up a billboard for something that you can't buy -- and that might, in fact, discourage you from buying what they're currently selling.

I understand the thought that DVC doesn't want to take away potential buyers from SSR if they announce another WDW resort.

But.....an off site resort like say California or Hawaii may work. If the Marriotts and Hiltons can sell several locations at the same time why not Disney! :)

jmatias said:
I understand the thought that DVC doesn't want to take away potential buyers from SSR if they announce another WDW resort.

But.....an off site resort like say California or Hawaii may work. If the Marriotts and Hiltons can sell several locations at the same time why not Disney! :)
The point I'm trying to make is that there is a big difference between announcing a new resort and selling points at that resort. Press releases, legal filings, and financial filings are for announcments, approvals, and disclosures. Marketing tools, such as advertisement and billboards, are to sell things.

Regardless of whether a new resort is at WDW, at Disneyland, or in Hawaii, there will be a gap of at least 18 months between the press release and when points for that resort go on sale.

Consider the January 24, 2002, press release announcing a DVC resort at the former Disney Institute site (which became SSR):

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 24, 2002--In response to strong guest demand, Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will expand its timeshare resort presence with its next location at the Disney Institute at Walt Disney World Resort, subject to obtaining all necessary approvals. The Institute property, with its unique amenities and urban setting adjacent to the Downtown Disney resort area, made it an ideal place to expand the company's highly successful Disney Vacation Club business.

"The proposed ownership resort expansion will combine one of our highly successful offerings with an exciting complement of existing resort amenities," said George Aguel, Senior Vice President of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Guests staying in the Disney Vacation Club villas will have convenient access to the Downtown Disney resort area, including the Institute spa and recreational facilities.

The new, 192-unit development is slated to occupy a unique 16-acre site overlooking the lakefront district at Downtown Disney. Initial plans call for the construction of four residential-style buildings with studio, one- and two-bedroom villas and Grand Villa units that sleep up to 12 guests.

"We had the opportunity to consider this location because expansion of Disney Institute programs throughout the Walt Disney World Resort reduced the need for dedicated Institute resort space," said Aguel. Disney Institute programming includes professional development programs, from keynote speeches, workshops and behind the scenes tours to customized programs that help groups implement successful strategies into their own organizations.

The announcement heralds a time of exciting growth for Disney Vacation Club, which is celebrating its 10th year and now boasts a membership of more than 60,000 families from over 60 countries.

Development will begin this spring with a targeted opening of spring 2004.​

I don't recall exactly when Disney could sell SSR points. I think it was over two years after the press release.

Horace Horsecollar said:
I don't recall exactly when Disney could sell SSR points. I think it was over two years after the press release.

Interesting post, Horace. We bought in Novermber 2003 at SSR and they were doing pre-sales before that. I know my membership card says member since 12-03 but it was not open till May 2004. Matt :earsboy:

dvc-NE said:
Interesting post, Horace. We bought in Novermber 2003 at SSR and they were doing pre-sales before that. I know my membership card says member since 12-03 but it was not open till May 2004. Matt :earsboy:
Thank you for clarifying that. I wish I had written, "I don't recall exactly when Disney could sell SSR points. I think it was more that 18 months (but less than two years) after the press release."

Horace Horsecollar said:
...I don't recall exactly when Disney could sell SSR points. I think it was over two years after the press release.

Announced 1/24/02
Points went on sale 8/4/03

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter