What Do You Make For Your Vacation?

Just thought of one more:

"Heard you were coming to visit Disney" Letters.

I have made several letters for parents to "mail" to their children from Disney characters like the princesses, fairies and mickey and the gang that say fun things like..."We heard you will be on your way to WDW very soon and are so excited you are coming for a visit. Make sure you stop by to visit us at Mickey's Toontown Fair. Love, Mickey and the Gang"

All children love to get letters in the mail and what better than to get a letter from their favorite character!

I have an idea but I am very uncreative that maybe someone reading this can help make it happen. This idea may be useful to other parents as well.

At my kiddos school they have "caught being good slips". These are given out by members of the staff when a student is being good without being asked. They are given a slip with a small treat attached. My kids love these. If a child gets a certain amount they get a larger prize (I think DD received a bike safety set). I was dreading the summer and all those summer fights between my kids when I thought I would apply the same idea at home. I wouldn't tell them but when (or if) I caught my kids being good or nice to each other I would give them a slip with a treat attached. If they get a certain amount I thought about rewarding them with some souvie money, when summer ends. Does anyone think they can make a 'caught being good design'? I would like this to be a bit economical (as in not a ton of ink) since I will, HOPEFULLY, be giving many out this summer.

WOW - Dolly!!!! You are amazing!!! Thank YOU for all of these ideas .......... it's fantastic!!! I'm saving this thread - I know I'll be using a lot of it come time for our next trip!!! :hug:

Thanks for all of this great information in one place! I always seem to forget where I've seen something.

So you won't forget where things are...start a word document (I named mine "Links to DISigners") and everytime you come across a thread, photobucket or shared file that you like, copy the link, paste it to your word document, add the DISigners name and a little bit about the items they make that you liked. Then you will have them all at your fingertips. That is what I do and it really helps.

What an amazing thread!!!!:worship: Nothing like a little light reading :lmao:

Just thought of one more:

"Heard you were coming to visit Disney" Letters.

I have made several letters for parents to "mail" to their children from Disney characters like the princesses, fairies and mickey and the gang that say fun things like..."We heard you will be on your way to WDW very soon and are so excited you are coming for a visit. Make sure you stop by to visit us at Mickey's Toontown Fair. Love, Mickey and the Gang"

All children love to get letters in the mail and what better than to get a letter from their favorite character!

I did this for my kids before our last trip and they LOVED it! :thumbsup2 I used the Waltograph font and some clip art to make it seem real. They were almost 4 and almost 2 at the time and really believed mickey and Minnie had sent them mail! I'll definitely be doing it again before our next trip!!!!

Awesome thread!!

The few things we did for our last trip were:
1. Mousekeeping envelopes (I didn't print them from a Disigner because I ran out of time, but I hand-drew them, the kids colored them and decorated with stickers we'd gotten from the movie club). I also like to pre-fill, so I know I have enough ones for them!
2. Tshirts. My hubby originally thought I was a dork, but he was the one who ended up spending more time on them and printing and ironing. He's so excited some of our friends decided to go next year with us, he's already planning all the matching shirts.
3. Pressed penny tubes...and let me tell ya, I had to go to SEVERAL different stores/gas stations to find them. I will buy them at Christmas time this year!
4. A LGMH laminated with my Dis Name and our Snowbirds group name for my backpack.
**Someone (Monny2AE or Disney_Mommy_3) did inserts for sippy cups, so I'm still on a constant search for those sippy cups, and I'm thinking about pillow cases if we drive next time!

PS I'm pretty sure that the Tollhouse thing and the build a robot thing have been cancelled! Such a bummer!!

Awesome thread!!

1. Mousekeeping envelopes (I didn't print them from a Disigner because I ran out of time, but I hand-drew them, the kids colored them and decorated with stickers we'd gotten from the movie club). I also like to pre-fill, so I know I have enough ones for them!
2. Tshirts. My hubby originally thought I was a dork, but he was the one who ended up spending more time on them and printing and ironing. He's so excited some of our friends decided to go next year with us, he's already planning all the matching shirts.
3. Pressed penny tubes...and let me tell ya, I had to go to SEVERAL different stores/gas stations to find them. I will buy them at Christmas time this year!
4. A LGMH laminated with my Dis Name and our Snowbirds group name for my backpack.
**Someone (Monny2AE or Disney_Mommy_3) did inserts for sippy cups, so I'm still on a constant search for those sippy cups, and I'm thinking about pillow cases if we drive next time!

PS I'm pretty sure that the Tollhouse thing and the build a robot thing have been cancelled! Such a bummer!!

My DH did the exact same thing!! We did all of these too. (except I had M&M tubes from Christmas). These are such great tips! So many good ideas.

Thanks DOLLY! Don't apologize for being so helpful and organized!

Awesome thread!!

I did the cups and while they were quite adorable, they aren't all that leakproof. DH kept forgetting and tossing them in the diaper bag forgetting that they have to stay upright. The kids still love them and we still use them though! I got mine from Target last year but haven't seen them since. You can get them directly from Playtex
http://www.playtexstore.com/cgi-bin/item/PLA05838
This Jan we are going with the Thermos Funtainer- I already bought them and stashed them away :lmao: I got DD :tinker:Tink and DS :darth:Star Wars.
http://www.thermos.com/product_catalog.aspx?CatCode=LUNC&SubcategoryID=40&ViewAll=true

I loved having a cup for them in the parks. We would buy a big drink and share.;)

I agree, this should be a sticky. There are a lot of great ideas that I will be using on our trip. Thanks for all of the ideas.

Melanie

Im just subbing ,so hopfully when I have completed all of my stuff I can post pics(which I have never done,but I will try):goodvibes

I am working on shirts, nuggets, candy packs, a mickey pumpkin bag for every one (in my family not the parks LOL:rotfl2:) and Tinker treasures for each morning. ;)

I have to say thank you for all these fantastic ideas! We're going in January for my DD's 5th birthday and I've decided to have a Mickey Magic Craft week each month--I will use the travel dates we have for January ea month until we leave to create some fun stuff for her and all of us! So each month from the 19th to the 25th I'll plan and play and hopefully make some really cute fun stuff with all of these great ideas! So Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!