what do you love about the Wilderness Lodge?

Everything!! My family just got back today after 6 days at WL. So sad to be home...but the trip was great and WL was fantastic! :goodvibes

You can just ride the boat over to the Poly for the Aloha show. We ride over there and get on the monorail. It's right next door!!! Staying there in March. It's the only resort we did a repeat visit too!!:dance3:

The slide is a twisty fun trip but no comparison to Stormalong Bay. Did you know the water feature in the lobby goes all the way to the pool and there is a "current" you can swim against where the water empties into the pool?

What room type do you need to book to request a castle or MK view?

Chereya

Woods View is what a friend of mine had and she was able to see the castle.

To the OP, the WL is something that really has to be seen in person. The videos and pics don't do it justice. When you walk in, you're just immediatley drawn to it's warmth. It's one of those resorts that's just welcoming. To me, it makes the vacation more relaxing. I swear I could have spent the entire week there and been perfectly happy.

Subscribing! We have booked a 10 day stay at the WL in June. I can hardly wait! Everybody thinks we are crazy to want to stay at the WL since we live in a log home and we've got lots of seclusion, bunnies, racoons, deer, squirrels, etc. in our yard all the time. I'm already counting down the days!

Thank you all for your posts! I have had a really hard time choosing which resort to stay at and the WL seemed like a good bet for us. Different resorts appeal to different people for sure...I am one of those people who really have no desire to stay at the Poly or Grand Floridian! I would just like the idea of the monorail, but besides that there is no appel there. I really like the Epcot resorts, but the theme is Atlantic seaboard and I already live here and I don't think it's a theme my four year old would care too much about. I don't want to stay in a value, and the only mod I'd stay in would be POFQ probably. But I really want to stay in a deluxe, but one that won't break the bank. I am about 99% sure about the WL now. I ran into a colleague that stayed and she showed me her photo album and it just hit me as a "wow" place to be. There's just that 1% of me that is still thinking about the AKL. I'm going to be booking in a few months so I will certainly be reading more as the days go on! Thanks again for your posts, and if anyone has anything to add, please do :)

For above poster who asked about MK view.......I don't believe any rooms at WL are listed at MK views, however, that said.... with some woods view rooms on the 4th, 5th or 6th (concierge) floor you will have a limited view of MK fireworks. I think the rooms are located near the beaver pond, but, only the higher floors will have any view at all because of the trees. And, as another poster said.....even if WL isn't your style.......when you walk through that door for the first time....it is absolutely breathtaking. We're DVC members, with our home resort at VWL and no matter how many times we walk into the lobby.......I still get that feeling of awe. We have not done a "park free" trip in all the years we've owned DVC, but, on our last trip (two weeks ago) I told my DH sometime soon I want to do just a "resort" trip......visit no parks at all.....just hang out by the quiet pool at VWL, read, relax, have relaxing dinners at several of the resorts, etc. Granted we were there during a non peak period (1/4 thru 1/11), but, the resort was practically deserted during the afternoon hours........I would love the feeling of having the place practically to ourselves!!!

We are staying at WL in July. We are so excited. Decided to splurge and go for deluxe this stay. I hope we don't like it too much. I don't know if we could afford it every Disney vacation.:scared1:

On our last visit we went to WL to eat at Whispering Canyon and fell in love with it~we are making another trip down this summer and will book WL.

OK no flames please. I am the oddball that likes AKL over WL. Yes it was pretty at Christmas but I just was not into the whole lodge thing. I tried to sell it to myself and ended up missing my favorite AKL. Not wasted trip because I love WDW but not as magical as AKL for me. The lodge was pretty but the trasportation was truely just horrible. Sorry if this isnt what you wanted to hear but I just dont feel the love for WL. I would love to try CR after having to go through the hotel every time we wanted to use the monorail last trip, I would go with CR if I could choose between the two. My other favorite area is the Epcot resorts for the awsome location.

We are staying at WL Dec. 7- Dec.13. We are so looking forward to the Christmas decorations. And curling up in front of the fireplace and enjoying all the decorations with a cup of hot chocolate with my Dh and son after a long hard day :laughing: at MK sounds divine!

I am also hoping to get some excellent family pic's there for the Christmas card!

OK no flames please. I am the oddball that likes AKL over WL. Yes it was pretty at Christmas but I just was not into the whole lodge thing. I tried to sell it to myself and ended up missing my favorite AKL. Not wasted trip because I love WDW but not as magical as AKL for me. The lodge was pretty but the trasportation was truely just horrible. Sorry if this isnt what you wanted to hear but I just dont feel the love for WL. I would love to try CR after having to go through the hotel every time we wanted to use the monorail last trip, I would go with CR if I could choose between the two. My other favorite area is the Epcot resorts for the awsome location.

This is why I love WDW so much - something for everyone! I am deciding between CR, WL, and YC for June 09.

Add me to the list of Lodge lovers! I loved curling up in one of the big cozy chairs in the lobby and sipping my coffee each morning. Despite being in a huge lobby, with a very high ceiling, I always felt cozy and private. There are so many little nooks scattered about-my favorite is on the 4th floor, directly above the entrance. It has another, obviously smaller fireplace and more incredibly cozy furniture.

I can't wait to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter