What do you like to order at BB?

rsleleux

DIS Veteran
We are going to BB on my son's bday! We are going for lunch and are considering splitting short ribs between myself and DH. I couldn't find a kids menu but I am sure there is something for kids! He will definitely want one of those light up drinks for sure! We each ordered Monte Cristo when we went to Cafe Orleans last trip and it was way to much!!! What do you like there?

I got the short ribs when we were there and DH got the jambalaya. I loved mine! DH really liked his as well. The gumbo was delicious, too. We had the first lunch reservation, and that place fills up fast!

I'm trying to remember what DD3 got. I believe Mac and cheese, which she ate very little of because she was tired. The good was great, but our two little ones weren't in the best frames of mind so we ate quickly and headed out.

I did not enjoy the short ribs, nor did my meat eating DD. In fact she disliked them so much that she and I ended up trading plates and then I was stuck with ribs I didn't like. lol
I like the MC and the Tesoro Island Chicken. DBF usually get the MC and I get the chicken and then I get part of his sandwich and he gets part of my chicken.
When my kids ate off the kids menu they enjoyed the mac and cheese.

We've had the short ribs, jambalaya, crab cakes, monte cristo & the Tesoro island chicken....we would order them all again! Yum! :)

Hard to go wrong with the Filet & Lobster. I was expecting something on par with the old $9.99 special I used to get in Reno or Vegas but it was better than that. I'm not sure it's worth $45, actually I'm sure it's not worth that, but it's what I'd order if I went back. For the price differential with the other meals on the menu, it's an easy choice for me.

I'd skip the strip loin. That was not worth the $37 or whatever it cost.

We budget to eat at BB every trip and always for diner just so my Husband can get the Surf and Turf. That's the only thing he get's every time because it's just that good. I usually get the Roasted Beef Strip Loin and split it with my Mom. It's very tender and I enjoy the seasoning, That said the last time we went (in May), It was not that good. My kids always gets the Mickey's Cheesy Macaroni and a souvenir cup. It's big enough that they split it actually.

We have tried the crab cakes and we all thought it was horrible. Way too fishy, but to each their own. I wish I could just order the entree salad, it is so good. The meals are huge and unless you are very hungry I would split it with someone and save some money.

I'm planning on splitting a meal based on the fact that I'm training with a trainer and I signed up for boot camp! I have been working hard to keep my body in shape as it gets harder each year I get closer to 40! It's not really about the money I'm trying not to overdo it,which I usually do! If i hear some really yummy stuff, I will just eat less at the character breakfast and hit the gym hard when I get back home! I welcome all tips and suggestions!

Aloha,

My family and I dined at BB for lunch twice this week. The bread and gumbo was outstanding. The main entrees were average. The potatoes and green beans were excellent. Your are paying for the atmosphere not the food. The boneless ribs is like pot roast. The Jambalaya is mostly rice. The crab cakes are OK. My wife and son enjoyed the Salmon. Recommend kids menu for young children. The meaty MC was average.

Thanks! I've heard several ppl say BB is for the atmosphere more than the food! That's why I am asking what is everyone's favorite? I just didn't want to disappointed in the meal due to the expensiveness of it!

I get the short ribs every time and love them. Gumbo very good and thank heavens they have a new salad besides that awful lettuce wedge. Kids get mac and cheese or salmon.

LOVE the jambalaya...i eat a lot of spicy foods and living in CA I can get some of the best chiles to make my own stuff and BB makes the best jambalaya Ive ever eaten...literally makes my nose run and I can tolerate heat...its way better than Jazz kitchen imo.

We normally eat there for lunch and I usually get the jambalaya. Yum! I think this trip I am going to try the monte cristo sandwich for the first time since it is supposedly so legendary.
I truly love eating at the BB because of the atmosphere. Eating inside a ride is do cool....kind of like San Angel Inn at WDW!

disneegrl4eva said:
LOVE the jambalaya...i eat a lot of spicy foods and living in CA I can get some of the best chiles to make my own stuff and BB makes the best jambalaya Ive ever eaten...literally makes my nose run and I can tolerate heat...its way better than Jazz kitchen imo.

Im the opposite. I thought the jambalaya at BB was way too peppery (not spicey, ad in black pepper). I had it at Brennans later in the week (with rice, notpasta) and loved it as usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter