What do you hope your life is like when you're your parents age?

I am 73, my husband 76. My mom died at 59, my dad at 76 and my inlaws were in their 80s, Our lives our appreciably better. Yes we have more money, but we are also very active, have lots of friends, travel a lot, read, do puzzles and other brain exercises and are thankfully healthy. My parents generation smoked, sat around, didn’t see people that much except for family, rarely traveled or did any exercise…at least my parents and inlaws. They also weren’t readers or did much to exercise their brains.

Dark since I expect to see 6 feet of dirt on top of me for many years at mom's current age. My mother will outlive me. Dad passed away 30+ years ago. I never thought all my life I would see 50 even.

My parents would be 79 and 80 if they were still alive. At that age I hope I'm healthy, DW can still stand me, we're active and enjoying friends, family and new adventures.

my mom lived until she was 93- i do NOT want to do that!
Between my parents and in-laws, 3 of them made it into their 90's - 94, 94, and 96. Noticed a definite mental decline after 90, so I have said I don't want to be around longer than that. However, there is the possibility that we could be healthier than the previous generation...

Just out of curiosity I would like to ask what younger people call old or carrying it a bit further at what age would most of you be able to say about yourself or anyone else... "Well, I / they lived a good long life". Don't worry about it if you think that my age is that target, I was young once and kind of know how I felt about aging. I never expected to live past 30 even after I survived a war.

My Father passed at 74, my mother was 86. I am currently 74 and will be 75 in July. I have passed the age where anyone would say that I died young, but I don't think of l myself as old either. I got back about an hour ago from playing golf. I'm starting back up after Anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion last August. The disc problem affected my hands and exacerbated a problem that I had been having with my lower back (same kind of thing, (except not as serious).

I try not to set length of life goals because that is totally out of my control. The best I can do is hope. I just recently outlived my Father by about 4 months at this point so it is on to other things. I'm still trying to get back to normal from the problem, not the surgery, that went well, now I have a lot nerve cells that need to reactivate but it's getting there. I have a list of things wrong with me, but at this point none of them are life threatening. One day at a time.

My parents are too young to live the way they do. Pretty much shut ins, kind of sad. Shaking their fist at whatever this week. I hope I'm in some kind of community with something to do.

As a mom with a little kid, it always makes me jealous when I see grandparents helping with all the soccer practices and dance classes, maybe that would be something.

Mine died at 70 and 75 very unhealthy. I’m trying not to do a repeat.

My folks are 72 & 74, and having a hell of a good time. They travel, all over the world, they play sports, they have a active social life and are a hoot to be around. Their adult grandchildren keep in touch and visit them because they are loving, welcoming and fun.
I hope the same for myself, and they are a good example to follow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter