What do you hate most....

What I hate the most about packing is the fact that I know that I am the one who is going to have to carry all of those suitcases that my DW just overpacked.

Ironing? I can't remember the last time I plugged mine in.....I think I have an iron.

A friend and I run a Sparks group (Daisies in U.S.) and we did t-shirts with handprints that afterwards had to be set with the iron. Well, my dear friend is ironing away and her 5 year old asks her what the iron was......she had never seen it before LOL. A few weeks later she had occasion to use the iron again (busy month) her dd gets very excited because she knows what this is! Pulls the hand mixer right out of the cupboard....

melindaandrob: LOVE that story!! Sounds just like my home. My Spark wouldn't know an iron from a mixer either! And I have 6 dozen goodies to bake for tomorrow's Guiding fund-raiser bazaar. She's at Kindergarten today so will miss all that Mommy-bonding stuff that this baking-with-your-Spark is supposed to be! Too funny. Wonder if I can just send some chocolate mint cookies on a fancy plate.... Hmmm... have LOTS of those. ;)

I love my husband dearly, but the thing I hate most about packing is the fact that he starts a week in advance, and packs things that we use every day (deoderant, contact lens solution, toothpaste). I understand the impatience, but there's such a thing as overdoing it...

@CdnMom2 :eek: Please don't say mint cookies!!! Judging by our countdown timers we will be in WDW at the same time!

forgetting something.
I usually don't. But when I do it's always stressful.
My mother once forgot underwear. My friend once forgot her check-in suitcase (she's an extreme case. Showed up with her purse, but forgot to bring her baggage to the airport.)

Oh and my overpacking usually occurs because (get this) I buy too many books while traveling. (Can we say Packrat!? ) Nono, not souveniers, just novels to read. And this gets HEAVY.

melindaandrob: I'll be looking for green ribbons -- maybe I should attach a tiny Cdn maple leaf pin to ours! And laughing about the weather no matter what it is. I mean it can't be the 6 feet of snow we'll be having back up here in January.

Originally posted by MRHS
IRON what's an iron!!! :):bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jester: :jester:

It's the stick with the wedge type metal thing at one end that people use to whack holes in the grass and occassionally hit a little dimply ball. :)

The other types of of irons (curling, clothes, branding, et al) don't belong on vacation.

-Joe

Some of these posts are just too funny!

I never even thought of ironing before, during or after vacation.

I don't worry myself anymore about forgetting things. If it's something that's important we'll buy it while we're there. It keeps me sane before the trip.

Mortlives - my DH is like yours but he likes to "pre-pack" before coming home. About 2 or 3 days before the vacation is over he asks "is there anything to pre-pack that we won't need". I cringe when I hear the term "pre-pack". I've gotten to the point I can tell when he's ready to say it by the way he mosey's around the room or bathroom of the hotel.

Our last trip 2 weeks ago I looked at him & said, "If you ask if there is anything we can pre-pack I am going to pre-pack you & put you in the van for the rest of the trip". Needless to say, he didn't say a word!!!

I always worry that I'll forget something. Sometimes I do. I forgot my (electric) razor when packing for a trip and ended up getting a new one. I'm not sure about the rest of my family, but my father always seems to complain about over-packing. I'll be watching The Lion King on Broadway performance that will be in Tampa during part of my trip this year, so I'll probably need to bring some somewhat nicer pants than the jeans I tend to wear ("fancy pants", as I've taken to calling them). I hope I don't forget them. We'll be pressed for time to get to that performance as it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter