What do you hate most....

cinmell

DIS Veteran
about packing? I just finished packing for our trip this upcoming Friday. I used the large ziplocs for packing outfits and that worked great! Normally I fit only my clothes in one suitcase and using the ziplocs, I was able to fit my clothes as well as my daughter's. I learned about the ziploc idea here on these boards and it is the best idea.

However, for me, the worst part of packing was the ironing. It took so long and it's so boring. What is your least favorite part of packing?

I hate UNpacking...
Packing doesn't bother me -- except the dread that I might forget something...

I absolutely loath ironing. There is no worse mundane task in the house as far as I am concerned. So, when the Downy Wrinkle Releaser product came out, I was thrilled. It works really well. We will be taking it along on our trip next week. (boy, it feels good to be able to say we will be there next week)

Just lay out your shirt or pants on a flat surface spray a couple of sprays and use your hands to smooth out the wrinkles. Plus, you get that great fabric softener smell to freshen up your clothes out of the suitcase. It's worth the money to me. Mickey

What I hate the most about packing is when I am finished, picking up the suitcase and feeling how heavy it is!

Another vote for the Downey Wrinkle Releaser:D I will also be taking it along with us on our upcoming trip:cool:

The fear of forgetting something important is pretty bad, but so is trying to fit everything into one suitcase!!

Unpacking is definitly the worst! I think I believe that if I just dont unpack, maybe I'll wake up the next morning back at the Poly! :D

I iron everything before we go and I start as soon as I can so that I have everything done with a few days to spare. I was wondering about the Wrinkle releaser, it really works maybe I'll use that for Tshirts instead of wasting my time. I will still press the shorts and pants though. I can't help my self. I stopped unpacking when we check in. I now pack everyone in a sperate suitcase and give everyone a space when wwe check in. You are responsible for your area and if it is messy then you have to leave the tip for the maid. This works well for my messy teenagers. They love their $$ too much to waste it so they become neat. I have a great suitcase that has lots of compartments and it seems to work well for me. We have scaled back our length of time in DW now so I hate to waste even a few minutes unpacking.

What I hate most about packing is realizing that I am not what I would like to picture myself as. I would love to think of myself as a carefree, girl packing for a light weekend away and if I forget something I can either do without or buy what I need. Oh those long lost carefree days.

Now I pack for a family of five right down to the medicine bag and the emergency sewing kit. I have to pack the luggage, the car bag and the backpack for the parks. I have become like an army sargent, making sure nothing is left out. And God forbid if I forget something, someone will let me know....Mom didn't pack the sinus medicine, laundry soap, nail clippers etc.......

Ironing? I refuse to iron closed I am going to wear from 7:00 am until 12:00 a.m. in the Florida heat through three meals, four snacks and a baby clinging to me all day. By the time I get back to the room, whatever I am wearing usually needs to be thrown away.

Sam

What I hate most about packing is realizing that I am not what I would like to picture myself as. I would love to think of myself as a carefree, girl packing for a light weekend away and if I forget something I can either do without or buy what I need. Oh those long lost carefree days.

Now I pack for a family of five right down to the medicine bag and the emergency sewing kit. I have to pack the luggage, the car bag and the backpack for the parks. I have become like an army sargent, making sure nothing is left out. And God forbid if I forget something, someone will let me know....Mom didn't pack the sinus medicine, laundry soap, nail clippers etc.......

Ironing? I refuse to iron clothes I am going to wear from 7:00 am until 12:00 a.m. in the Florida heat through three meals, four snacks and a baby clinging to me all day. By the time I get back to the room, whatever I am wearing usually needs to be thrown away.

Sam

Oh Sam you must still be a young mother. Eventually you will get over being so kind. If I had it to do over again I would enlist the help of my children to do what ever I thought they were capable of. I have found they were alot more able than I gave them credit for. I still do most of the packing but I now make them take out all the things they think they want to wear and I have final approval. I got everyone their own suitcase now and that has helped alot.
As far as the ironing thing I am better than I was with that and you are correct you would be wasting precious time ironing when you have a little one hanging on you most of the time. Florida heat and humidity are killers on cotton, but it does keep you cooler. I eventually learned that things the color of dirt were what everyone should wear. Kaki I just love that color.

Unpacking ... and thinking about all of the things I *might* have forgotten to do while I'm on my way to the airport :D

The thing I hate most about packing is not being able to start soon enough! I'm always on a countdown to packing day. Only 18 day til packing day for me! It is like the trip isn't real until I dig out the Mickey ponchos and toss them in the old Samsonite. I love packing!! Another vote for Downey Wrinkle Release! That stuff is wonderful, especially to someone like me who threw out the iron a long time ago. :D

Originally posted by tripben
Ironing? I refuse to iron clothes I am going to wear from 7:00 am until 12:00 a.m. in the Florida heat through three meals, four snacks and a baby clinging to me all day. By the time I get back to the room, whatever I am wearing usually needs to be thrown away.

Sam

I am sitting here by myself and LMAO right now at that last part of your post. A truer word hasn't been written. You are too funny! :Pinkbounc

I hate having to decide what to take and what to leave behind...that is the only thing I dislike about packing. Otherwise I love to pack for trips....

I tend to overpack so when I can't close the suitcase, I hate to try to figure out what needs to be eliminated.

jx3smom, I do that too! Its not so bad going ... but coming back, when I'm trying to fit in all my souveniers ... :rolleyes: Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter