What do you feel it will be like for us when WDW opens again using our mobility wheelchairs & scooters?

Post #141-Reopening Coverage Of Disney's Old Key West Resort - PHOTOS - Tim Krasniewski - dvcnews - June 23, 2020

Also plexiglass at the resort front desk

Within guest rooms, new placards describe the enhanced cleaning procedures

The sanitized television remote awaits new guests in plastic covering after cleaned

Kitchenettes are now stocked with all disposable products. Styrofoam & plastic instead of glass cups. Added sanitizer pump, but this is DVC. I don't know if they will be put in other WDW resorts.

Last edited:
Post #142-Disney World Transportation UPDATES That Are Coming SOON. - Rachel Franko - DFB - June 23, 2020

Disney World will be re-opening in July for guests of all ages to return back to the “Most Magical Place on Earth.”

Thanks to @ScottGustin, who sent out the alert about Disney’s updates via twitter, Disney will be modifying a number of transportation options when the resort reopens to guests. While we already knew that the Monorail and ferry boats will be running on a limited basis for resort guests and that buses would be running, there are new updates to what transportation will be accessible.

Only Buses Are Running Until Parks Open
Disney has shared with us some information regarding which methods of transportation we’ll be able to use during the initial phase of Disney World’s reopening.

However, we found out today the only Disney transportation method of getting around right now is Disney World’s bus system. Buses are currently running to and from Disney Springs from each resort that has reopened today.

If you want to get from one resort to another, your only free options are to do a bus switch at Disney Springs, or drive yourself. (Guests can also use a taxi or a ride share service, but that would incur an extra cost.)

It appears, for now at least, Disney World’s monorail service, ferryboats, and Disney’s Skyliner aren’t likely to resume until the theme parks reopen, but we’ll keep you posted with any and all updates!

No Temperature Screenings to Enter the Resorts
Another thing we were surprised by this morning is how we walked right into our hotel! There are new health and safety signs throughout the grounds stating face coverings must be worn at all times while in common areas, but on-site temperature screenings aren’t currently being performed at any of the Disney World resorts.

But this time, Disney World’s resorts are not requiring their guests to undergo mandatory temperature checks. They ask that you take your temperature at home before you arrive and stay home if you have any symptoms of illness.

This Place Is EMPTY
The Disney World hotels we’ve been exploring today have been very calm and quiet. Without the monorail whizzing by us at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and folk disembarking from Disney’s Skyliner at Disney’s Riviera Resort, there’s barely anyone here.

Keep in mind Disney World is also limiting who they’re allowing to visit their resorts at this time. You must have a hotel reservation (and a dining reservation as well if you’re not staying at that particular hotel) to be allowed in.

Security Cast Members asked us our name at the gate of one of the hotels we weren’t staying at but had made a lunchtime reservation to dine at. Only after checking their list to ensure we had a dining reservation there were we granted access.

You Can Still Use Your Refillable Mugs!
The Refillable Mug Program at Disney World has become an institution, allowing guests to receive free refills for a limited time. We were curious to see if refillable mugs would still be available — OR NOT!

And it turns out, refillable mugs are still very much alive and well at Disney World! There have been a few modifications made to the process, but other than that, you’ll have the same fun gettin’ as much soda, coffee, and ice tea as you could ever want!

Now, guests will bring their mug to a Cast Member who will fill a paper cup with the guests’ preferred beverage. The guest will then be given the paper cup to empty into their own refillable mug.

Masks and Temperature Patches Are for Sale
We noticed some new products have shown up on the shelves at Disney World’s gift shops. At Disney’s Contemporary Resort’s Bayview Gifts, hand sanitizer and Disney-themed cloth face masks are now being sold. They’re the same ones we’ve seen for sale at Disney Springs recently as well as online.

Click here for more details about using refillable mugs at a newly reopened Disney World resort!

We also spotted Forehead thermometers that work like stickers and are reusable in case you don’t want to bring your own thermometer from home.

Last edited:
Post #143-Disney World character maps with “new normal” will be shockingly reduced! - kennythepirate - June 23, 2020

I’ve just completed updating Character Locator with the information that has been publicly issued by Disney. I removed characters, shows, rides, dining and other attractions that they mention are closed.

In doing so, I changed up my custom maps to match the information. It is quite shocking when you see if from a map perspective!

There is a LOT of things that will be closed during the initial Walt Disney World re-opening process. Disney has stated that they will monitor what things will be open or closed during the process and adjust as necessary.

When I temporarily removed items from Character Locator, it meant that I had to remove almost all Character Appearances and shows, a few rides and many dining locations.

But when I viewed it from my map perspective, it was pretty jarring what is gone, for now.

Magic Kingdom

All the Magic Kingdom Character meets are removed with only the Character Cavalcades offered during this initial startup period.

There is no Fastpass, so I removed all those tags and some attractions like Monssters Inc Laugh Floor are closed.

Many dining locations are closed, including Columbia Harbor House, Casey’s Corner, Gaston’s Tavern and Cinderella’s Royal Table to name a few.

Most “shows” are closed with only things like Mickey’s Philharmagic, Tiki Room and Country Bears remaining open.

Epcot lost almost all it’s small shows like the juggler and the bands. Disney mentioned that Jammitors and Mariachi Cobre will still perform, but in America instead of their standard location.

Spaceship Earth will not enter refurbishment, but will be open for guests to provide ride capacity while the new Ratatouille ride is being completed.

Epcot loses MANY regular dining locations during the start up process. Disney has stated that they will offer Food and Wine booths beginning July 15. They said 20 of them will be offered, but has not provided a listing or menu yet, so I will add those details to the map and Character Locator in coming weeks.

Epcot will offer daily Character Cavalcades. I will be on hand to check them out and let you know what to expect.

Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios will also offer a series of Character Cavalcades, but has removed all the stage shows including Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones, Disney Jr, Frozen Sing-Along and Disney Jr.

Dining closures include ABC Commissary, Woody’s Lunchbox, Hollywood and Vine, and several others.

There will be no evening spectaculars like Fantasmic! or any fireworks shows at Walt Disney World during this initial re-opening period. Most attractions will be open in the park. Hollywood Studios has proven to be the most popular park for Park Pass thus far as well.

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom will offer “Character Cruises” that will alternate with a live band on a cruise. You’ll be able to catch them along the River. I’ll update that detail as soon as I catch them.

No actual rides are closed except Primeval Whirl, but that was only open during the busiest weeks lately. It was deemed as “seasonal” after it closed for an extended period of time from an incident of a similar ride in the United Kingdom.

All of Animal Kingdom’s shows are said to be closed for this re-opening period. There will be no Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo or any of the small acts that bring flavor to the park.

[QUOTETusker House and Pizzafari are the biggest names on the dining closure list. My son loved the doughy pizza from Pizzafari, but I was never a fan. I’m glad that Satuii Canteen and Flame Tree BBQ are still available though! ][/QUOTE]

This period of time dealing with Covid and the many that have lost their lives to this serious virus has been difficult for us all. Perhaps having even a touch of magic could help us begin to return to normal.

I must say that I don’t really like this “new normal” but I’m following the guidelines to stay healthy and keep my family healthy. I pray that your family is healthy and happy as well!

Last edited:
Post #145-Resort Airline Check-In Service Resuming on July 12 at Walt Disney World with the resort departure instructions - June 24, 2020

Select resorts across Walt Disney World have reopened, and with that comes the return of Disney’s Magical Express service, transporting guests from Orlando International Airport to their Disney Resort hotel upon arrival and for return service. The Resort Airline Check-In service, however, is currently not available for guests, but will resume on July 12.

A new notice placed inside current guests’ rooms states that the service is suspended until July 12, 2020. Until then, guests are required to bring all of their luggage onto the Disney’s Magical Express motorcoach, with all airline bag fees to be paid with individual airlines upon arrival at MCO.

This complimentary Resort Airline Check-In service, when available, lets guests check-in for their return flights, collect boarding passes, and even check bags at the Airline Check-In desk. When using this service, all you have to do once you arrive at the airport is simply to make your way to security.

All flights must be departing from Orlando International Airport on one of the following airlines:
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines (U.S. Domestic Flights Only)
JetBlue Airways
Southwest Airlines
United Airlines

When service resumes, the Resort Airline Check-In desk will open daily from 5:00 AM to 12:00 noon.

Last edited:
Post #146-Jeff Lange sitting in one of the social distancing WDW buses showing him in Zone 5 section between partitions - June 26, 2020.

Jeff took this photo standing in front of his seat where he was sitting in the previous photo looking toward the front of the bus. I see one seat in Zone 5 as has a do not sit here sign. It must be a long row.

I see two bus drivers. It must be a shift change.

The side view of one driver shows him wearing a mask.

I see both doors are left open when the bus is stopped. I can't see if the roof vents are open.

Last edited:
Post #147-Short walk around the Boardwalk and a look at the new bus social distancing measures. - Julie Guerrero - June 24, 2020

This a little a 55-minute video around the Boardwalk Area.

At about the 40-minute mark she walks down the Boardwalk Resort walkway to get on the bus to Disney Springs.

Beautiful stroll around the Boardwalk Area that was empty.

The BWV walkway to the WDW Bus stop to Disney Springs.

Only one other person on the bus.

Disney has officially announced that they will not be reopening as planned on July 17. - June 24, 2020

[QUOTEThere has been speculation on Disneyland’s reopening being delayed possibly because they are unable to come to an agreement with some of the Unions that represent the Cast Members. ][/QUOTE]

This may lead some to wonder about whether Walt Disney World will reopen as planned on July 11, since the number of COVID positive cases in Florida continues to rise.

Last edited:

Post #150-Universal Offers Alternative to Masks for Guests With Disabilities, Disney Says No Exceptions - Rebecca Davis - kennythepirate - June 26, 2020

There’s been a lot of talk about guests wearing face coverings to the theme parks. Universal Orlando is offering an alternative option for guests with certain disabilities, but Disney World is not issuing any exceptions. Read on for details.

Universal Orlando is offering an alternative face covering for guests with disabilities. They address this issue on the frequently asked questions on their website.

Guests with certain disabilities that would prohibit them from wearing a traditional face covering can stop by guest services and will be offered the opportunity to wear a face shield rather than a mask that fits securely around the nose and mouth

Note that the answer here states that some rides will not allow a guest to wear a face shield and the guest will be asked to temporarily switch to a regular face covering to ride the ride.

If you’re impacted by this, be sure to bring a regular face covering and ask the Team Member outside of each ride if you will need to change into it for this particular attraction as a list of attractions that require a regular mask is not provided. Definitely assume that anything with an inversion would be on the list.

It also is not clear whether the face shield is to be provided by Universal Orlando or if you will need to bring your own.

Down the road at Walt Disney World, it seems that no exceptions to the face covering rule are allowed. ALL guests must wear a face covering that fits snugly over the nose and mouth to enter the parks.

I checked with the Disney Parks Moms Panel on face shields, but their answer as of June 2 says they don’t know and to check with guest services.

I called Disney Disability Services today to confirm that they are not making any exceptions. They reiterated that ALL guests 2 and up must wear a face covering that fits snugly over the nose and mouth.

The Cast Member I spoke to confirmed that a face shield does not meet this requirement and is not considered a face covering for the purposes of entering the Disney Parks.

Luckily my (Rebecca’s) family members are able to wear our face coverings. We have been practicing in the Virginia heat but it’s clear we won’t last long in the parks this summer.

Last edited:
Post #151-You Can Purchase Face Masks and Hand Sanitizer with photos at Disney World Hotels! - Sierra Vieregge - DFB - June 5, 2020.

First, we noticed disposable face masks for $1.49, available alongside small bottles of hand sanitizer at the same price.

Remember, all guests and cast members are required to wear a face covering to enter a Resort at Walt Disney World, but it’s nice to know where you can pick up an extra should the need arise!

We also couldn’t help but notice that a couple of the Disney Cloth Face Masks — which, by the way, have been so popular that they have been selling out in Disney Springs — were available as well!

Guests can get one for $6.00, or four for $20.00.

Now, you’ll also find the usual over-the-counter care items that you may be used to seeing in a previous Resort stay. Among them, we located a reusable Forehead Thermometer for $2.39.

UPDATED! Current News and Information About Travel to Disney World and Disneyland in 2020

Last edited:
Post #152-Disney World Monorail Installs Social Distancing Barriers Brianna LeCompte - DFB - June 27, 2020

Select Disney World Resort hotels reopened on June 22nd. Currently, buses are the only form of Disney transportation available for guests to navigate around property.

But, even though the Monorail isn’t yet available for guest transportation, it has been spotted out and about near Magic Kingdom — with some new additions! Social distancing barriers have been added inside the Monorail.

When the Monorail isn’t out for testing, it’s been parked at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

And that’s where we noticed an interesting addition — social distancing barriers have been added inside the Monorail! Take a look at the middle of the window below!

It looks like these are separating the two sections of each monorail car, so that two separate families or groups can ride more separately.

Even though we can’t ride the Monorail yet, seeing it parked inside the Contemporary adds an extra Disney touch to the atmosphere!

Disney hasn’t yet released information about when the Monorail will be available for guest transportation, but cast members have told us that they may be running when the parks reopen in July. We’ll continue to keep an eye out for any additional updates!

Last edited:
Just a heads up...I received Disney face masks today that were preordered online from Shop Disney. Very disappointing in that masks are adorable but sizing is awful. The 4 masks in the size large pkg each fit differently 2 fit but were very snug across face. the other 2 sz. Lg masks were difficult to even get the elastic bands around my ears and were too uncomfortable to wear. The medium sized masks also seemed to differ in size and will only fit a smaller child....I can’t imagine who the small size will fit. I haven’t seen any complaints from people who bought masks at Disney Springs WOD store so I don’t know if masks purchased from Shop Disney are made differently. But they are are unreturnable and pretty much not useable. I can’t imagine how someone could wear on of these masks in a park.
im going to repost this in other threads so people are aware.

just wondering OKW is a huge resort and I saw somewhere that resorts would deliver luggage but no longer assist guests to get to their rooms. So if one has mobility issues and no car are they expected to walk to a room located a far distance from where MAgical Express drops them? Just asking as we always stay at POFQ for the shorter walking distances. Hoping they would have some kind of internal shuttle.

Post #155-Disney Masks' Review and a report from OKW - June 27, 2020

Hi, Lsdolphin.

Just a heads up...I received Disney face masks today that were preordered online from Shop Disney. Very disappointing in that masks are adorable but sizing is awful. The 4 masks in the size large pkg each fit differently 2 fit but were very snug across face. the other 2 sz. Lg masks were difficult to even get the elastic bands around my ears and were too uncomfortable to wear. The medium sized masks also seemed to differ in size and will only fit a smaller child....I can’t imagine who the small size will fit. I haven’t seen any complaints from people who bought masks at Disney Springs WOD store so I don’t know if masks purchased from Shop Disney are made differently. But they are are unreturnable and pretty much not useable. I can’t imagine how someone could wear on of these masks in a park.
im going to repost this in other threads so people are aware.

That doesn't sound good.

I found the same thing happening to me when I was initially buying masks for myself based on online photos and descriptions. But they weren't Disney masks.

Here is a report on Disney masks:

Review of Cloth Face Masks from shopDisney By Monica Street - June 27, 2020

They’re hot! I don’t think these would be comfortable outside in hot climates. They’re not as breathable as some of our other masks. I wouldn’t wear them to the parks in Summer. Or Spring. Or Fall.

The sizing is, well, awful! We ordered 4 sets, each one of the Large size. The lengths and widths of the mask surfaces vary, and the ear loops are significantly different lengths too. You can see the variation in the photos.

I do not have a freakishly large head. I have what I understand to be a normal-sized head for a 6’1” adult human. But the R2D2 mask folds my ear over while the T’Challa mask fits fine.

It’s not just our family; several reviews on shopDisney note the sizing problem too.

Verdict of shopDisney Face Masks
If you are buying for a mix of adults and children, it may work out for you to buy sets of the Large size, as long as your family is willing to assign masks by size rather than character.

“Sorry, honey, you may want Anna and Elsa, but that’s the only one that fits Daddy.” But you’re taking a bit of a risk with a non-returnable, non-refundable product.

just wondering OKW is a huge resort and I saw somewhere that resorts would deliver luggage but no longer assist guests to get to their rooms. So if one has mobility issues and no car are they expected to walk to a room located a far distance from where Magical Express drops them? Just asking as we always stay at POFQ for the shorter walking distances. Hoping they would have some kind of internal shuttle.

I don't know.

I haven't stayed at OKW in over a decade and I used a car back then.

How did you get to your room before?

Did they offer a golf cart or a van?

I wonder if you have to use the internal WDW buses?

All the reports that I have seen from guests that are at the reopened WDW resorts have driven with their cars.

I haven't seen any reports from anyone not using a car or using DME or using a wheelchair or a mobility scooter, yet.

Will Disney’s Magical Express deliver your luggage to your room?
Disney’s Magical Express is running back and forth from Orlando International Airport and will shuttle your luggage to your resort.

However, Bell Services cannot drop off your luggage unless someone is in the room. For us, it has been hard to get a call through to Bell Services and it took quite some time to receive our luggage. But Disney has stated Cast Members are still able to deliver luggage to rooms — just not escort guests to their rooms.

I found the following info, but they don't include the OKW, nor use from a disability standpoint.

We’re ANSWERING ALL Your Questions About the Reopened Disney World Hotels By Brianna LeCompte - June 22, 2020

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit to add info from a guest live at OKW.

Live now at OKW. Ask any questions you want

Initially as of June 22, 2020

Initially as of June 22, 2020, not running from OKW to DS.

Busses running 9am to 11pm every 25 min

Do you know if the path to walk to disney springs is opened?
Yes it is

Fitness center 6 to 9pm

are internal shuttles running at OKW?
Yes.
Busses going from section to section and then to Disney Springs.

Edit June 26, 2020

My Stay at OKW June 22-27, 2020

Last edited:
Hi, Lsdolphin.

That doesn't sound good.

I found the same thing happening to me when I was initially buying masks for myself based on online photos and descriptions. But they weren't Disney masks.

Here is a report on Disney masks:

Review of Cloth Face Masks from shopDisney By Monica Street - June 27, 2020

View attachment 504753

View attachment 504754

I don't know.

I haven't stayed at OKW in over a decade and I used a car back then.

How did you get to your room before?

Did they offer a golf cart or a van?

I wonder if you have to use the internal WDW buses?

All the reports that I have seen from guests that are at the reopened WDW resorts have driven with their cars.

I haven't seen any reports from anyone not using a car or using DME or using a wheelchair or a mobility scooter, yet.

I found the following info, but they don't include the OKW, nor use from a disability standpoint.

We’re ANSWERING ALL Your Questions About the Reopened Disney World Hotels By Brianna LeCompte - June 22, 2020

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit to add info from a guest live at OKW.

Live now at OKW. Ask any questions you want

View attachment 504757

View attachment 504758

Initially as of June 22, 2020, not running from OKW to DS.

View attachment 504762

View attachment 504763

Post #159-Resort Mugs Still Available at Walt Disney World with Modified Refills - June 22, 2020

Last edited:
Post #160-Disney World Places Strict Requirements on Types of Masks that can be Worn at Parks and Resorts - kennythepirate - Monica Street - June 29, 2020

Forget the neck gaiters and bandanas. Disney is placing pretty strict requirements on what is considered a face mask, and they will be enforcing it. Plus, what happens if you leave a mask behind? I’ve got the answer below.

If there’s one item that sums up 2020 (besides toilet paper), it’s face masks. They are are a necessity for touring Disney World parks and grabbing groceries.

We have known for quite some time that face masks would be a requirement for visiting Disney World.

Universal Studios has asked Guests to adhere to the same requirement as well.

However, what passes for a face mask? Are there certain requirements that a facial covering must have to be considered a proper face mask?

Disney is going to be pretty strict on the use of face masks on their property. With the rise of positive COVID-19 cases hitting 9,000 in Florida late last week, they are a necessity in the fight against coronavirus.

What type of face mask is required?
Face masks worn on Disney property must have the ear ties that loop around your ears. We suggest not purchasing the shopDisney ones because they do not fit well at all. Check out our review HERE.

That means no bandanas, neck gaiters, or cut up undergarments that you fashioned together in your hotel room because you left yours at home.

They must have an ear tie! If you don’t have a proper mask, Cast Members will ask you to purchase one.

Well, this will be interesting to see guests' actual experiences if asked to do this!

What if you leave your face mask behind on a ride or restaurant?
So you’ve bought the face masks (preferably ones that match all your cute Disney outfits!), but you left it behind on Splash Mountain or in the gift shop. Now what?

Cast Members will throw them away. They are not considered a lost and found item, and they will be thrown into the trash.

We suggest stocking up on some disposable masks or just be very careful to keep your mask on as much as possible.

Consider putting it in your bag along with your Minnie Ears and sunglasses for rides where it may come off.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter