What do you feel it will be like for us when WDW opens again using our mobility wheelchairs & scooters?

Post #81-Your Next Ride in Minnie Van Ride in Disney World Could Be Very Different — Here’s How! - DFB Rachel Franko - June 15, 2020

Fireworks, parades, and character meet-and-greets will be suspended when the parks reopen, and some modes of Disney transportation won’t be in use. For instance, Minnie Vans will be unavailable until further notice as Disney World.

Although Minnie Vans will not be used right away, Lyft’s new procedures will most likely affect guests’ rides when they do resume service. Since Lyft is a direct partner with Disney, guests on property will have to follow the ride-sharing company’s guidelines put in place for health and safety.

In order to create space between the driver and guests, anyone who decides to travel in a Lyft-approved vehicle should sit in the backseat. The windows should be kept open as often as possible to increase airflow in the car as well.

While there’s no timeline surrounding when the Minnie Vans will be back up and running around Disney World property, these new Lyft guidelines are will likely be in place for Minnie Van passengers when they do. There could be more future rules specifically designated for Minnie Vans, but we will continue to keep you updated!

Last edited:
Agreed, hopefully they will be able to scan those of us in mobility devices without having to resort to a manual process. And I'd be overjoyed if their system avoids anyone going through my bag at security. Although it would be easier to take if they change gloves before going through my bag.

I've been trying to think of how to handle it if they're still manually searching bags at security when I go in December. Has anyone had luck with putting their items in a large clear plastic bag when going through security?

My "park bag" is a Pacsafe backpack. Inside it, everything is in either a Ziploc bag or a Flanabag [https://flanabags.com/] usually quart of gallon size [btw, those come in so handy for other things too, both on trips and at home... I have a whole collection in various colours and colour-code them for some purposes]. That way I or the security officer searching the bag can just pull out the clear bag and see its contents. The clear bag I can sanitize if needed, it keeps things dry [because you KNOW it will rain at some point!!], and makes it much easier for security -- nothing is loose; plus it helps me organize things. I have never had them as me to open one of the clear bags to go through the individual contents but YMMV.

SW

I've had good luck using clear zip-lock style freezer bags (they are a heavier plastic, and so hold up well) that aren't overloaded, so that they can quickly examine each bag and see all of the contents. Typically I have 2 or 3 bags at the most with me, depending on the day, and what I need to bring.

I keep all of my clear bags in a backpack that goes on my personal mobility device. Our daughter grew up going to a school where clear backpacks were a requirement, and her current job requires a clear pack or bag as well (because of possible industrial espionage!) so she's already used to it, and uses the zip-lock bags at WDW too. The hubs doesn't carry anything but his phone (Wow, I remember those days LOL) so we are officially jealous of him LOL.

Post #84-Disney acknowledges the launch of the new reservation system taking place soon - June 16, 2020

Admission Calendar
Select a pass to see which days you can visit with a park reservation. Our reservation system will be launching soon—please check back to see if your desired date and park are available.

New verbiage acknowledges the launch of the new reservation system taking place “soon”:

All dates marked in green means a reservation will be required. This varies by pass type––above, you can see the calendar for the Platinum pass, with reservations available as early as June. Below, you’ll see the current calendar through August for one of the more affordable passes, the Weekday Select pass, with the earliest date a reservation can be secured being August 7 for those pass-holders, since they are blocked out through then:

Reservations are shown as required through June 2021. Of course, these calendars can and may well change as we near the reopening of the theme parks, and further information is released on the new reservation system.

Last edited:
Post #85-Disney Guests with Resort Reservations In June and Early July Can Book Dining Reservations Soon! - kennythepirate Monica Street - June 16, 2020

If you are hoping to score dining reservations for your late June or early July trip, find out how you can make those! They will soon be available for booking!

Explore important updates related to dining reservations at Walt Disney World Resort.

Reservations for Guests Staying at Disney Resort Hotels

Guests with Disney Resort hotel reservations for arrivals June 22 through July 10, 2020, can make dining reservations for select Walt Disney World Resort hotel and available Disney Springs dining locations beginning June 18, 2020.

Call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 824-1391 to check availability and make reservations.

Online reservations will not be possible at this time.

Or, if you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member, call Member Services at (800) 800-9800. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

At this time, a valid Disney Resort hotel reservation will be required to make dining reservations. Online reservations are currently available at select Disney Springs dining locations. Online reservations for other dining experiences will reopen at a later date.

In-Park Dining

At this time, dining reservations are not available for in-park dining experiences. Reservations will resume at a later date.

When in-park dining initially becomes available, you’ll need valid park admission, a reservation for park entry and a dining reservation to dine at an in-park, table-service restaurant. Dining reservations do not guarantee admission to the park.

Disney Resort Hotel Dining

Full List of Dining Locations Opening at Disney World Resorts

Last edited:
Post #86-Disney Urges Guests to Link Tickets Now for Upcoming Park Reservation System PHOTOS - kennythepirate Susan Phillips - June 16, 2020

Disney is beginning to update My Disney Experience regarding upcoming park visits. “Reservation Required” has been added to the Disney World Annual Pass calendar.

In the latest update on My Disney Experience, Disney issued a statement instructing guests to make sure all tickets and reservations are linked in your My Disney Experience App NOW.

First, register or sign in to the My Disney Experience website. If you haven’t already done so, create a log in. Otherwise, sign in using your Disney login.

Disney syncs logins to all their websites so if you have a Disney+ account, log in with those credentials.

Second, link your reservation. This can also be done on the app. You’ll need the Disney confirmation number from the Disney website or your travel agency.

Third, enter link your tickets following the instructions on the screen. After doing this, you’re all set!

Now we just need Disney to let us make reservations! It looks like this reservation system is going to stick around for the foreseeable future, most likely for through all of 2021.

Walt Disney World to Open Dining Reservations for Select Locations for Disney Resort Guests by Laughing Place Disney Newsdesk | Jun 16, 2020 3:28 PM Pacific Time

With several Disney Vacation Club properties due to reopen in the near future, as well as Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, guests coming to visit might wonder where they will eat when they arrive at the Vacation Kingdom of the World. Fortunately, today Disney announced that those staying in their open resorts will be able to make dining reservations for their stay June 22nd through July 10th.

What’s Happening:

Guests with Disney Resort hotel reservations for arrivals June 22 through July 10, 2020, can make dining reservations for select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and available Disney Springs dining locations beginning June 18, 2020. Guests can call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 824-1391 to check availability and make reservations. Or, if you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member, call Member Services at (800) 800-9800. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Note: At this time, a valid Disney Resort hotel reservation will be required to make dining reservations. Online reservations are currently available at select Disney Springs dining locations. Online reservations for other dining experiences will reopen at a later date.

Walt Disney World theme parks will open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15.

Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. Disney Vacation Club properties in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, opened yesterday, on June 15. Disney Springs has also already begun to reopen. Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort Hotels, restaurants and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure.

Disney has implemented enhanced health and safety measures. Guests are asked to follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.

At this time, dining reservations at theme parks and Disney Resort hotel locations are not available. Select dining locations at Disney Springs are currently accepting reservations.

Last edited:
Post #87-Disney's Full List of Disney Restaurants with Mobile Check-in kennythepirate KatieP - June 17, 2020

Disney has launched a list of restaurants that will be utilizing the new Mobile Dine check-in feature. We have all the details here.

Earlier this month, Disney released a list of restaurants that we can expect to re-open as the parks and resort hotels begin operating. The list of restaurants that will have the Mobile Dine check-in service differs a good bit from the initial re-opening list.

In fact, it includes both signature restaurants and character meals. So, even though it doesn’t look like all of these eateries made the re-opening list, perhaps they will be coming soon since they will be equiped with this new social distancing feature.

What is Mobile Dine Check-In

Essentially, the service will allow diners to check in for their dining reservations using a mobile device. Guests will then receive push notifications with instructions for proceeding with the reservation.

Magic Kingdom Locations

Currently, Magic Kingdom has four restaurants that will support the Mobile Dine Check-in service. They include:
Be Our Guest
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Jungle Cruise Co. LTD Skipper Canteen
Liberty Tree Tavern

Epcot Locations

Epcot will have five restaurants supporting the Mobile Dine Check-in service. These are:
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Biergarten Restaurant
Coral Reef
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Rose&Crown Dining Room

Disney’s Hollywood Studios Locations

As of now, Hollywood Studios has four restaurants that will support the Mobile Dine Check-in service. They include:
50’s Prime Time Cafe
Hollywood and Vine
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater Restaurant

Disney Resort Hotels

A variety of resort area hotel dining establishments plan to support the Mobile Dine Check-In Feature. They are:
Flying Fish
1900 Park Fare
Artist Point
California Grill
Chef Mickey’s
Citricos
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kona Cafe
Narcoosee’s
‘Ohana
Ale & Compass Restaurant
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
Cape May Cafe
Sebastian’s Bistro
Boma- Flavors of Africa
Jiko-The Cooking Place
Sanaa
Toledo
Boatwright’s Dining Hall
Olivia’s Cafe

My Disney Experience

Al of the information is located in the My Disney Experience App. If you do a search for “Mobile Dine,” you can see each location that will support the service on the map.

You can also read and learn more about the services on MDE. You can check for updates on both the app and the website, and of course, the KtP team will keep you updated here as well.

It is awesome to see what might be on the horizon for Disney dining. The inclusion of character meals is particularly interesting.

We know that one character meal at Topolino’s Terrace will reopen with the parks, but we don’t quite know what that experience will look like yet. For some speculation into what character dining might look like Click Here.

It seems likely that more restaurants will join this group in supporting the Mobile Check-in feature, especially considering that many of the table service restaurants that are opening in the early phase of the park’s reopening are not currently on the list. Keep checking back for updates.

Last edited:

Post #88-Disney's DVC Confirms Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House Closure - dvcfan Paul Krieger - June 17, 2020

Well, this a turnabout from yesterday when I saw availability on the Disney website.

I wonder if Boma- Flavors of Africa will also be closed even though it is listed above as one of the restaurants using online reservations.

It just goes to show how things can change quickly and often whether posted by Disney or rumors from bloggers.

Disney Vacation Club has confirmed in an announcement on their website this morning that Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House will be closed during the initial Walt Disney World reopening period.

In the notice, which can be found on the booking availability page, Disney Vacation Club states

“As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.”

This announcement puts to rest a long and confusing two week period that we’ve referred to as #Jambogate, during which we saw availability go from none to everything and also even had Member Services moving and canceling guest reservations.

No information was provided regarding when guests should expect Jambo House to reopen. DVC Members with affected reservations are encouraged to contact Member Services at (800) 800-9800 if they have questions about their upcoming travel plans.

Last edited:
Post #89-Disney's New Information Released About the NBA Season at Walt Disney World - kennythepirate Heather Alosa - June 17, 2020

Disney has yet to announce an official statement.

Where would the players stay?

The hotels include Grand Destino, Grand Floridian, and the Yacht Club. We had reported that at least part of the players would most likely be housed at the Grand Destino Tower.

The players will have many hotel amenities including pools, barbers, and lounges.
They will also have access to 24- hour VIP concierge.

Along with having access to these deluxe hotels, it has been reported that each team can reserve up to 17 rooms for guests of players.

Guests of the players will need to self-quarantine for three days and submit to testing before entering Disney. Once they have arrived, they will need to quarantine for four more days.

This will use up 136 more rooms. The season isn’t expected to start until September 1, 2020 which is almost two months after the parks are set to open.

With the need to have a hotel reservation and park ticket to get access to the new park reservation system, this puts a lot of stress on needing an on property stay.

If a player leaves the Orlando campus they will be subject to a 10-14 day self-quarantine, reduction in compensation for games missed, and enhanced testing. I wouldn’t anticipate anyone leaving the campus without permission.

Last edited:
I wonder if Boma- Flavors of Africa will also be closed even though it is listed above as one of the restaurants using online reservations.
No, Boma is not expected to open immediately. That list of Mobile Dine Check-In locations is more extensive than what's expected to open initially. These are the restaurants expected to open next week with DVC and Ft Wilderness opening (you can cross-reference which are on both lists):

BLT @ CR
BRV and CCV @ WL
AKV Kidani
BCV
BWV
Ft Wilderness
OKW
Poly Villas & Bungalows
Riviera
SSR
VGF
At this point, it is still unknown which in-park dining options will be available next month.

Post #91-Disney's DVC Confirmed Location CLOSED During Initial Reopening kennythepirate Donna Farmer - June 17, 2020

We are just as excited and confused with all of the Disney news that we have been receiving just as much as you are. As soon as we learn of news regarding the initial reopening of Walt Disney World parks and resorts we share this information with you.

Last week we received confirmation of a DVC rental, only to learn today that these guests will be transferred to a different resort. Let’s dive into “Unkown” together with the latest Walt Disney World update.

Last week we shared that Disney’s Vacation Club confirmed that the Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House would be available for the phased reopening of Walt Disney World.

Also, last week guests were able to make reservations for the Jambo House. To read more about the Jambo House and to see a full list of available resorts for the phased reopening, click HERE.

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

DVC confirmed that although Jambo House was set for the phased reopening, it will now remain closed.

From the below statement, it sounds as if this closure is due to low guest reservations for this location.

This was their statement:

"As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House will not be open during this initial period."

"Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas- Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas- Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas- Kidani Village."

Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas- Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas- Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge opens.

However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas- Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.”

This news may come as a bit of a disappointment for those with reservations at the Jambo House, but we hope you will have a magical stay at the Kidani Village.

Other resorts have announced closures and changes to amenities, what to expect with your next Disney Resort visit, and a change of amenities at the Beach Club Resort.

Last edited:
Hi, lanejudy.

I think I knew that, but I forgot.

I was hoping to take a short 3-day trip to stay at Animal Kingdom Jambo to relax at the resort and dine at Boma's.

No, Boma is not expected to open immediately. That list of Mobile Dine Check-In locations is more extensive than what's expected to open initially. These are the restaurants expected to open next week with DVC and Ft Wilderness opening (you can cross-reference which are on both lists):

BLT @ CR
BRV and CCV @ WL
AKV Kidani
BCV
BWV
Ft Wilderness
OKW
Poly Villas & Bungalows
Riviera
SSR
VGF
At this point, it is still unknown which in-park dining options will be available next month.

Interesting choices to house the NBA players - kind of surprised that they didn't just turn all of one resort (like Coronado, but not Gran Destino) over to them. I guess maybe there aren't enough rooms at any of the Resort hotels to house all of them together, but it would have made more sense to me to try and do it that way. LOL of course, NBA players probably are used to more luxury when they travel than a Disney Deluxe even offers so...

I saw on another site where they may be asking the players to wear Oura rings; the rings have health-tracking tech built in and apparently (so far in limited tests with healthcare workers on the front lines) have been 99% accurate at spotting COVID-19 infections up to 3 days before the person became visibly symptomatic. Of course, those who are asymptomatic carriers are not identified by the ring (and we have no way of knowing what percentage of the population that is right now).

Apparently they may also be using other technology with the players as well, including devices that will beep if 2 people get too close to each other's social distancing circle, although last I heard, that was proving to be more controversial than the rings!

Post #94-Disney Begins Updating Annual Pass Expiration Dates to Reflect Closing - kennythepirate Rebecca Davis - June 17, 2020

Today, guests are reporting that their annual pass expiration dates have been extended to reflect the closure period. Read on for more details.

At the beginning of the closure of the parks, Disney assured annual passholders who have paid in full for their passes that their passes will be extended. The extension period will correlate with the amount of days the parks were closed.

Disney World closed their parks on March 16, 2020 and plans to reopen on July 11, 2020. Reports thus far indicate that their passes have been extended by approximately four months beyond their original expiration date.

None of our annual passes at Kenny the Pirate are reflecting this change as of yet, but we expect it to be coming soon. My family’s passes expire on February 19, 2021 and the date in My Disney Experience has not yet budged.

My DVC Gold Annual Pass Holder Card just updated.

The expiration date was Sun, Dec 1, 2020.

Now it has updated to the expiration date was Sun, Mar 28, 2021.

Many of us in the passholder family are hoping that Disney will go beyond the closure period and extend our passes for the duration of time that the reservation system is in use.

However, because there is not a current end date for the reservation system, we would not expect to see that reflected on our expiration dates yet. We reported yesterday that the reservation system may be in place into 2021!

Personally, I’m not happy with the fact that some of us purchased annual passes that do not have block out dates but still must make reservations to enter the parks. However, I will reserve my judgement until we see how difficult park reservations are to come by during this period.

There is no word yet on any compensation for Platinum Plus passes, which include access to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, which will remain closed. I’m paying close attention and will report back to our readers when we know anything on that.

Last edited:
Post #95-Disney's All 2020 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Parties and H2O Glow Nights Cancelled - kennythepirate Jamie Fonseca - June 18, 2020

As Disney prepares to reopen its theme parks in the coming weeks, announcements regarding new and modified protocols continue to roll in. Guests have been wondering if Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Parties will continue to take place this upcoming season.

Today it was announced that they will in fact be cancelled for 2020.

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is an annual event that takes place on select nights during August, September, and October. Disney fans love to celebrate Halloween with Mickey and his pals for a not so spooky night of fun!

The event requires a separate ticket, and Guests who attend can enjoy trick-or-treating around Magic Kingdom Park, rare character meets, an exclusive Halloween parade, Halloween fireworks, and fun Halloween-themed entertainment.

One of the major draws for fans of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is the unique fireworks show, Halloween parade, and the Hocus Pocus Villains Spooktacular stage show.

With Disney’s social distancing and health and safety protocols, these types of events will be temporarily suspended.

According to Disney Parks Blog, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Parties will be canceled for 2020.

While assessing another fall special event, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, we determined that many of its hallmarks – stage shows, parades and fireworks – are unable to take place in this new, unprecedented environment. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

Disney also shared in this update that Disney H20 Glow Nights would also be cancelled for the remainder of 2020.

Additionally, Disney H2O Glow Nights, the nighttime special ticket event at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, will not take place for the remainder of 2020. Guests who have already bought tickets to these events will be assisted with refunds over the coming weeks.

Disney recognizes that this will leave Guests wondering about celebrating other holidays in Walt Disney World, and shared the following update:

Looking ahead to the holiday season, this may spark questions about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, which includes the Candlelight Processional. We are monitoring our new environment closely, and will make a decision on these events as we continue to learn more from government and health officials. As always, our goal is to explore every option and look at ways in which we can still host events and festivals full of Disney magic, while still operating responsibly with the health and safety of our guests and cast members in mind.

Last edited:
Hi, bluecruiser.

I know, right? I feel the same way about MVMCP.

I'll miss the regular night time castle lighting and nighttime holiday decoration lighting in general at all the parks. It's just not the same in daylight. And the special stage shows, parades, and fireworks that I always enjoyed.

That's a shame, but I'm surprised they didn't cancel MNSSHP sooner. Special stage shows, parades, and fireworks were never going to work with social distancing.

Post #98-Disney's Huge List of Canceled Special Events and Enchanting Extras at Walt Disney World kennythepirate Monica Street - June 19, 2020

Dessert parties, tours, Early Morning Magic, and more extras have been canceled upon the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort. See the full list below.

We kind of all knew this was coming, right? The need for social distancing makes many enchanting extras at Disney World impossible to do safely.

Here is the full list of parties, tours, and dining experiences that will not take place once Disney World reopens.

Rest & Recreation
Miniature golf
Surfing activities
Spas, salons, and Harmony Barbershop

Unique Tours
Backstage Magic
Behind the Seeds
Disney Private VIP Tours
Disney’s Family Magic Tour
Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Disney’s The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
Taste of Magic Kingdom Park VIP Tour
The UnDISCOVERed Future World
Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour
Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour
Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour
Up Close with Rhinos
Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour
World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered
Wild Africa Trek
Wild Africa Trek (Morning)

Adventures in Dining
Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Room
Cake Decorating Experience at Amorette’s Patisserie
Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night
Dine with an Animal Specialist
Dining with an Imagineer – Cítricos
Dining with an Imagineer – The Hollywood Brown Derby
Disney Early Morning Magic – Fantasyland
Epcot Forever Dining Package
Fantasmic! Dining Package
Festival of the Lion King Signature Dining Package
Highway in the Sky Dine Around
Jiko Wine Tasting
Rivers of Light Dining Package
Savor the Savanna: Evening Safari Experience
Sense of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Signature Celebration at Cinderella’s Royal Table
Taste of Magic Kingdom Park VIP Tour
Tiffins Talks
Victoria & Albert’s Chef’s Table Dinner (although this one just did see a huge price increase)
Wanyama Safari
Wonderland Tea Party at 1900 Park Fare

Spectacular Sweet Spots
Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience
Fairytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise
Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
Frozen Ever After Dessert Party
Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage
Rivers of Light Dessert Party
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Nature Experiences
A Path Less Traveled Tour
Behind the Seeds
Caring for Giants
Dine with an Animal Specialist
Epcot Seas Adventures – Aqua Tour
Epcot Seas Adventures – DiveQuest
Epcot Seas Adventures – Dolphins in Depth
Savor the Savanna: Evening Safari Experience
Sense of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Starlight Safari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Up Close with Rhinos
Wanyama Safari
Wild Africa Trek
Wild Africa Trek (Morning)

Make-Believe & More
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew
Character Couture
Perfectly Princess Tea Party
Pirate Adventure Cruises
Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage
Wonderland Tea Party at 1900 Park Fare

While we certainly saw some of these coming (you can’t have a fireworks dessert party without the fireworks), this just kind of hits really hard.

With the recent cancelation of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and all of these magical extras, this definitely will not be the Disney World we visited before.

The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period.

What is closed?
Arcades
Campfires
Character experiences
Dog parks
Electrical Water Pageant
Marina rentals
Pin trading
Playgrounds
Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

The following special offerings and childcare services will not be available during the initial reopening:
Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage.
Fun runs
Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
Hula lessons
In-room childcare services
Mermaid school
Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs

What you CAN expect to be open at Walt Disney World Resorts
Pools
Poolside Activities
Movies Under the Stars
Fitness Center
Community Hall
Sports Courts
Fishing Excursions
Bike barns
Horse trail rides
Pool cabana rentals
Golf

Last edited:
Post #99-Disney's Step By Step Guide To Create Disney Park Reservations, Plus Limits for the Time of Day Guests can Enter PHOTOS - kennythepirate Susan Phillips - June 19, 2020

Disney released the information we’ve all been waiting for today! If you’ve been wondering how exactly to make sure you get those Disney Park Pass reservations, read here to a detailed guide on how to do just that! While also looking over the info, it appears Disney will also be limiting what time Guests plan to enter the park.

Beginning June 22, certain guests can begin making park reservations.

Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.

Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.

Here are a few important details to know about this new system:

Make sure your My Disney Experience account is up-to-date since this is where your Walt Disney World Resort plans are stored and managed.

Link your valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass on your My Disney Experience account.

Link your Disney Resort hotel reservation to your My Disney Experience account before your visit.

Once you’ve logged into your My Disney Experience account and linked your ticket, you’ll have access to a calendar of available reservation dates for each theme park.

If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit. Families and friends can link their tickets together and look to arrange theme park entries at the same time.

Step One: Link Your Park Tickets

To get started, you’ll need valid park admission that’s linked to your Disney account.

First, you’ll need a Disney account, which is where your Walt Disney World plans are stored and managed. Create an account or sign in to your existing account.

Then, link your valid admission to your Disney account. All Guests in your party must also have valid park admission linked to their profile. New ticket sales are temporarily paused, and sales will resume at a later date.

If you have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, be sure to link it to your Disney account as well.

Once your admission is linked, you can begin making a park reservation. For resort guests, this begins on June 22. See my article on helpful hints to make sure your tickets and resort reservations are linked here.

Step Two: Create Your Party

When you start making a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.

Select the family and friends for your party, then select “Continue”.

If someone’s missing from your party, select “Add a Guest”.

Note: You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type. Please make sure your party consists of Annual Passholders or theme park ticket holders.

Staying in a Disney Resort or other select hotel with a package that includes tickets? Everyone in your party must also have a hotel reservation. If this varies, you will need to make separate Disney Park Pass reservations.

Step Three: Select Park and Date

[QUOTEChoose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability. ][/QUOTE]

After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.

NOTE: THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION ABOUT SELECTING A TIME IS CAUSING CONFUSION AND QUESTIONS. CAN YOU NOT ENTER THE PARK BEFORE YOUR REGISTERED TIME? CAN YOU LEAVE AND COME BACK DURING YOUR TIME? WILL THERE BE AN END TIME WHEN YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE PARK?

After selecting your date, park and time, you can confirm your reservation. Disney has confirmed that Park Hoppers will not be available for the rest of 2020. Read more detail on this here.

Carefully review and confirm your selected park and date.
If you need to change anything, select “Back” to revise your selections.

Before confirming, you’ll need to agree to the Terms & Conditions, including the COVID-19 liability waiver. Then, select “Confirm” to complete your park reservation.
Once confirmed, your reservation will appear in My Plans.

Want to make another park reservation?

Select “Make Another Reservation” to continue planning. As a reminder, if you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.

Your new reservation(s) will appear in My Plans—both online and in the My Disney Experience app.

If you need to cancel a reservation, view your daily itinerary in My Plans, then select “Reservation Details”.

Once you complete the above steps, you’re good to go! Although Disney Park experiences will be limited, those who receive park reservations will enjoy an uncrowded park.

What If Guests Booked a Vacation Package?
Your ticket eligibility is tied to your package travel dates. In order to make a park reservation for a different date, guests will need to modify their vacation package dates.

What If Guests Booked a Room-Only Reservation?
It a room-only reservation has been booked at a Disney Resort of other select hotel stay during 2021, you will need to call the Disney Reservation Center or speak to your travel professional beginning June 24, 2020 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets.
You will then be able to make your theme park reservations.

How Do Guests Book a New Vacation?
Beginning June 28, 2020, ALL guests will be able to purchase a new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme parks and will also be able to make their park reservations for arrivals beginning in 2021 as the various phased reopening continues.

Guests will have the opportunity to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets.

To find out more about 2021 trips, go HERE.

Last edited:
Post #100-Disney's Confirmed No Park Hopping for the Remainder of 2020 PHOTOS kennythepirate Rebecca Davis - June 19, 2020

There’s a lot of Disney news coming out this morning, and the Disney Parks Blog released new information on the fate of park hopping. Read on for all the details.

The Disney Parks Blog announced today that among the many changes for 2020, park-hopping will not be available for the rest of the year.

The post clarified what had long been suspected, that the need to make a park reservation ahead of time would limit guests to one theme park per day for the foreseeable future.

They also reassured guests that this is a feature that they are eager to bring back as soon as possible, and that ticket packages for 2021 will have park hopper tickets as an option when those packages become available to book later this summer

“GUESTS WITH EXISTING TICKETS THAT INCLUDE THE PARK HOPPER OPTION OR PARK HOPPER PLUS OPTION HAVE OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO THEM FOR TICKET MODIFICATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS, AND CAN VISIT DISNEYWORLD.COM/UPDATES FOR MORE INFORMATION”

However, I went to the embedded link and there was no new information at this time to be found regarding park hopper tickets.

I’m not a fan of waiting on the phone, so I always recommend to readers that they email Disney and wait for a response for any non urgent inquiries.

If I currently held a park hopper or park hopper plus ticket, I would send an email to guest.services@disneyworld.com and ask how I can get compensation for the difference.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter