What do you eat for your counter service meals?

bcarson

Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>I will second Or
I on the dining plan. Wanna stay at least partially on my plan while there. What are some good options. The other times I have went it was pizza, burgers, fries the heck with it all. But this time I will be watching myself. What do others do?

A few things from past experience...

share meals with anyone who will share with you.... (you can always go back to order more if you are still hungry, but if you are full and the food is still in front of you, you will probably feel compelled to finish it.)

salads (bring your own dressing in packets if desired)...

hot vegetables (available anywhere they sell complete meals, such as at Cosmic Ray's in Fantasyland, and Flame Tree BBQ at AK)...

fruit (plenty available if you just look)...

veggie burgers (just watch the toppings and portion size)...

grilled chicken (again, watch the toppings and portion size)...

make up your own meals by ordering things al a carte....(there is no Disney "rule" that you have to get fries with EVERYTHING!!)

Avoid burgers, pizza, fries, ribs, hot dogs, "salads" such as tuna salad, chicken salad, and cheese. None of these things is so "special" or "wonderful" at Disney as compared to other places and they are LOADED with fat and sodium.

Order everything "on the side" so you can control the portions of condiments.

If you are truly hungry and craving something that you probably shouldn't have, take the following steps first....

drink a large cup/bottle of water.... sometimes dehydration can mask itself as hunger.

have a smaller healthy snack, such as fruit.

If you still feel truly hungry and still want that _____________________ (fill in the blank with your favorite Disney treat), have it! Better yet, share it with a loved one! My kids will often let me eat an ear off their Mickey ice cream bar. It is more than enough of a treat for me usually.

Try to stick to one special dessert per day... usually at a sit-down place if you have reservations. If you have that to look forward to, it is easier to pass up everything else that comes your way.

Hope some of this helps (and hope I can take my own advise next week!! :rotfl:).............P

Great advice!! The part that sticks out to me is "None of these things is so "special" or "wonderful" at Disney as compared to other places" So true!! I will try to remember that!

To try to not gain while there, I eat a breakfast bar in the room in the morning.

Then, I try to eat lean at either lunch or dinner. Something like a veggie burger, no fries, or chicken breast sandwich, a salad with dressing on the side, or pasta with marinara, no breadstick.

Then I indulge for one meal.

Lots of CS serve a half rotisserie chicken with veg of some sort. I usually split this with DH or my mom. There are lots of salads available around the world too. And snack carts with fresh fruit fresh and pickles!:thumbsup2

I try to eat more Veggies and fruits than anything. No junk! No pizza, no tons of cheese, I always ask for my sauce on the side if I have something with a sauce., No sweet snacks, No unhealthy proteins, No sodas, I drink tea if I need something with flavor besides water, I will allow a chai latte because I love them! No popcorn, I just stick to the wholesome good clean stuff! I doesn't mean my life is deprived of good food. It's just I'm used to eating clean so just because I'm on vacation doesn't mean I shouldn't work out and eat clean. :) When we go to the parks I try to bring fruits and veggies with me to snack on or I'll buy them from the parks. I'd rather munch on a apple and keep the doctor away than go I blew it by eating that rice crispy treat that's over 300 calories a serving and there is at least 4 to 5 servings in that thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter