What do you do with people that cut in line to meet up with group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its no a big deal. I have never refused anyone the right to catch up with family. Don't be a grinch.Are you duke it out with some grandma and her 5 grandkids?:yo-yo::yo-yo:

It may not be a big deal; but it is a deal none the less. No, I won't duke it out with Granny, but cutting would entitle me to a comment directed to her about the example that she is setting for her grandchildren.

And speaking of entitled: :drinking:

Kids can start crying anywhere but your reaction is what got you in trouble. You may ignore crying home, teach her a lesson or whatever but in public place do not expect people to be fine with it. Unless you are on a moving ride or moving bus, take your kid away from people. That is what I call mature. And yes, people block, roll their eyes, comment and so on and there is nothing you can do about it or actually you can, do not cut.

This is ridiculous. What I did wrong was trying to pacify my kid instead of shuttling her out immediately? I can understand if something was happening or a show was going on, but again, this was BEFORE THE PRE-SHOW EVEN STARTED. Say I immediately took her out at the first peep to the queue area, those people don't want to hear it either, what about their rights to stand and stare at a wall where nothing is happening like the people in the pre-show area? So, then where do I take her? What about the rights of the other people in the park? They don't need to hear a screaming child either. Again, it all gets back to the point that people think they know what's going on in a particular situation like line cutting or whatever, but they really don't if they're not actually involved in that situation. Standing a few feet away is not being involved, it's assuming. We tried to pacify her, it didn't work, we left. It took about two minutes maybe and we're the ones that were wrong and anything anybody said and did to us was justified because they had to hear a crying child for about two minutes? Really?

And AGAIN, stop trying to portray me as a cutter. I have said I don't care if people hold space and I wouldn't even say anything in the unlikely event if someone blatantly cut, I just don't care. That doesn't mean I'm looking for my opportunity to cut or that I plan on cutting in the future.

And actually, if I did take my daughter out, left the wife and Nana there, and she immediately calmed down, apparently some people here believe I couldn't get back to them even if a CM knew about it because of the (general) RULES. How silly. I'd have to wait in line for the next tour, assuming the line was short enough to get in the next one, and go with my daughter separately and my wife and mom would need to wait for us? Sure, okay.

I personally think everyone should stand in line, face forward and never speak or make a sound regardless of their age. If people do not respect my rights and how I believe society should behave, I will be sure to let them know at every opportunity and if they continue to not follow the rules, maybe a rap on the knuckles with a ruler will get them to conform.

I personally think everyone should stand in line, face forward and never speak or make a sound regardless of their age. If people do not respect my rights and how I believe society should behave, I will be sure to let them know at every opportunity and if they continue to not follow the rules, maybe a rap on the knuckles with a ruler will get them to conform.
No, this is ridiculous. Who carries a ruler around with them at WDW??

This is ridiculous. What I did wrong was trying to pacify my kid instead of shuttling her out immediately? I can understand if something was happening or a show was going on, but again, this was BEFORE THE PRE-SHOW EVEN STARTED. Say I immediately took her out at the first peep to the queue area, those people don't want to hear it either, what about their rights to stand and stare at a wall where nothing is happening like the people in the pre-show area? So, then where do I take her? What about the rights of the other people in the park? They don't need to hear a screaming child either. Again, it all gets back to the point that people think they know what's going on in a particular situation like line cutting or whatever, but they really don't if they're not actually involved in that situation. Standing a few feet away is not being involved, it's assuming. We tried to pacify her, it didn't work, we left. It took about two minutes maybe and we're the ones that were wrong and anything anybody said and did to us was justified because they had to hear a crying child for about two minutes? Really?

And AGAIN, stop trying to portray me as a cutter. I have said I don't care if people hold space and I wouldn't even say anything in the unlikely event if someone blatantly cut, I just don't care. That doesn't mean I'm looking for my opportunity to cut or that I plan on cutting in the future.

And actually, if I did take my daughter out, left the wife and Nana there, and she immediately calmed down, apparently some people here believe I couldn't get back to them even if a CM knew about it because of the (general) RULES. How silly. I'd have to wait in line for the next tour, assuming the line was short enough to get in the next one, and go with my daughter separately and my wife and mom would need to wait for us? Sure, okay.

She was extremely loud as you said yourself, show or not how long people should listen to it, till ears bleed. You could take her outside, not to another line but outside where you would not stand that close to others. You could ask CM for assistance returning to your spot if you really worried. You could take her out when she started it, nobody deserved to listen to it but you did only when show started and this is why you got some comments. Thing is people did not address your kid but you and that a hint, they had problem with you not her.

And I personally do not care if you cut or not, but why such attitude toward those who actually act in some way. If you do not cut, why do you care. It is between a cutter and those he tries to cut infront of. You do not cut, good for you, you let others cut, good for you, but anyone else reaction is none of your business. Very simple.

She was extremely loud as you said yourself, show or not how long people should listen to it, till ears bleed. You could take her outside, not to another line but outside where you would not stand that close to others. You could ask CM for assistance returning to your spot if you really worried. You could take her out when she started it, nobody deserved to listen to it but you did only when show started and this is why you got some comments. Thing is people did not address your kid but you and that a hint, they had problem with you not her.

And I personally do not care if you cut or not, but why such attitude toward those who actually act in some way. If you do not cut, why do you care. It is between a cutter and those he tries to cut infront of. You do not cut, good for you, you let others cut, good for you, but anyone else reaction is none of your business. Very simple.

I'll type it ONE MORE TIME, there was NO SHOW GOING ON. Nothing was going on except that people were queueing up in the staging area for the pre-show. People were still coming in when we took her out of there. Like I said, I don't know exactly how long this took, but how long could it have really been? It's not like it takes over a couple of minutes to fill in that area with people.

And read some of these other posts. Apparently, many people believe you can't go to a CM because rules are rules and you need to go back to the end of the line no matter what.

Take this scenario further. I get out of line, immediately calm the child and then try to get to my family with a CM's help. You think everyone standing in the back of the line is going to be understanding of that and not think I'm cutting or faking a disability or something? Get real. It's not like everyone is watching everything going on around them like a hawk. Which goes back to my other point, people think they understand what's happening, but they often don't have the full story. Wouldn't it just be easier to mind your own business and figure out a way to not get so upset about such silly things?

And, again, like I said multiple times, the problem is the people that react are usually the ones that cause the commotion, the ugliness, the confrontation, the words exchanged, the verbal or physical rudeness, and it's that that negatively affects EVERYBODY else, young and old alike, in the line. If people just bit their tongue, ignored it, and went on about their lives, those ugly scenes would never happen. I've seen far more people rudely giving someone a piece of their mind in Disney World than I've seen anybody cut a line or break some other rule.

I know I said I would not be posting again - and I'm not defending my own posts or arguing against anyone else's, so maybe this is okay. ;)

Just had to give a big "Hear! Hear!" to this post. Good grief, it is WDW! There are kids there! Probably lots of whom might get overwhelmed, fussy, etc.. Good to know that some people are "practically perfect in every way" and are 100% prepared for every eventuality, or capable of reading their children's minds and whisking them out of the public eye at the first sign of trouble. For the rest of us, we'll just have to muddle along. All I can say is that those who would sarcastically clap or make snide comments about a family trying to console and then remove a tantruming toddler are really teaching some great values about tolerance and generosity to their kids. Sheeeeeesh! I honestly can't even imagine such a thing happening anywhere, much less WDW. Grow the heck up, people!

Sorry to hear about your experience, rdearth, and I hope the rest of your trip went swimmingly!

I know I said I would not be posting again - and I'm not defending my own posts or arguing against anyone else's, so maybe this is okay. ;)

Just had to give a big "Hear! Hear!" to this post. Good grief, it is WDW! There are kids there! Probably lots of whom might get overwhelmed, fussy, etc.. Good to know that some people are "practically perfect in every way" and are 100% prepared for every eventuality, or capable of reading their children's minds and whisking them out of the public eye at the first sign of trouble. For the rest of us, we'll just have to muddle along. All I can say is that those who would sarcastically clap or make snide comments about a family trying to console and then remove a tantruming toddler are really teaching some great values about tolerance and generosity to their kids. Sheeeeeesh! I honestly can't even imagine such a thing happening anywhere, much less WDW. Grow the heck up, people!

Sorry to hear about your experience, rdearth, and I hope the rest of your trip went swimmingly!

Thanks for your post and sentiments.

It's been a few years, but obviously it still riles me up because I can't believe the group think of castagating some parents trying to deal with a kid that would scream like a fire alarm. I can understand no one wants to hear it, heck, we had to live through it for a few years and we didn't want to hear it either, but what good is saying anything about it going to do? Just because something happens that bothers you doesn't mean you have to verbalize disproval or act on it....but I guess that's just you, me and a few others around here that understand that.

Thanks for your post and sentiments.

It's been a few years, but obviously it still riles me up because I can't believe the group think of castagating some parents trying to deal with a kid that would scream like a fire alarm. I can understand no one wants to hear it, heck, we had to live through it for a few years and we didn't want to hear it either, but what good is saying anything about it going to do? Just because something happens that bothers you doesn't mean you have to verbalize disproval or act on it....but I guess that's just you, me and a few others around here that understand that.

Hey, just noticed from your sig that you will be there the same time as us! (I think... we arrive October 12) I'll totally hold your place in line and glare at anyone who directs sarcasm towards you. :goodvibes

Hey, just noticed from your sig that you will be there the same time as us! (I think... we arrive October 12) I'll totally hold your place in line and glare at anyone who directs sarcasm towards you. :goodvibes

Ha. That's great. Be warned though. Now we have a 2 year old son who gives the daughter a run for her money in the screaming department. We're not doing much Disney World this trip though, so everyone in line can relax.

I'm not one to start a big to do.......but it depends on the situation. If I've been waiting on line with my little ones and it's 95 degrees or pouring rain...for a long time and then a bunch of teenagers try to cut I'd follow them (as if I were part of the group) and tell on them....or yell something like "LINE CUTTERS!" Ha Ha Ha Ha. If it was a family member or 2 saying they were meeting a family member I'd probably give them a dirty look and mumble something loud enough for them to hear. If it was a child and a parent, I'd let them go with a smile b/c I'm like 90% sure it was a bathroom break!

If it were me with one of my kids (3YO & 6YO) I would hope people would let us meet up with my husband and other child and be OK with it, but if they weren't I'd totally understand....but I'd be sure to be nice about getting back in line, "Excuse me, sorry...my daughter had to use the bathroom and couldn't hold it...."
why would it be ok if only a child had to use the bathroom, you don't know that a teen "girl" may not be having some sort of bathroom emergency and her mom is on that line? :confused: If I am there with one of my DD's and they had an emergency (ages 19 & 24) I would hope someone would let them by to get back to me. Or better yet, if I had an emergency myself I would hope I could get by. Little ones aren't the only ones that can have sudden reasons to run to a bathroom ;) I know there have been times where I have literally had to run out of the line to use the bathroom.. for when I have to go, I have to go.. you know, the leaky pipe commercial.. that is me.. you cannot plan it ahead of time

I'll type it ONE MORE TIME, there was NO SHOW GOING ON. Nothing was going on except that people were queueing up in the staging area for the pre-show. People were still coming in when we took her out of there. Like I said, I don't know exactly how long this took, but how long could it have really been? It's not like it takes over a couple of minutes to fill in that area with people.

And read some of these other posts. Apparently, many people believe you can't go to a CM because rules are rules and you need to go back to the end of the line no matter what.

Take this scenario further. I get out of line, immediately calm the child and then try to get to my family with a CM's help. You think everyone standing in the back of the line is going to be understanding of that and not think I'm cutting or faking a disability or something? Get real. It's not like everyone is watching everything going on around them like a hawk. Which goes back to my other point, people think they understand what's happening, but they often don't have the full story. Wouldn't it just be easier to mind your own business and figure out a way to not get so upset about such silly things?

And, again, like I said multiple times, the problem is the people that react are usually the ones that cause the commotion, the ugliness, the confrontation, the words exchanged, the verbal or physical rudeness, and it's that that negatively affects EVERYBODY else, young and old alike, in the line. If people just bit their tongue, ignored it, and went on about their lives, those ugly scenes would never happen. I've seen far more people rudely giving someone a piece of their mind in Disney World than I've seen anybody cut a line or break some other rule.

So are we going to repeat same thing again and again, I got it, there was no show yet, so what, I think I explained to you already my position and looks like you annoyed others enough to clap and be relieved when you finally left, take a hint.

Did you ask CM, you did not. How do you know he would not help. And if not, well sometimes because of kids we change our plans, nothing new. Better then annoying everyone till they start clapping.

And ugly caused by cuter, not the one who says something. You do not seem to understand who causing the problem. Example, if child bullied at school and says nothing it is cool, right, but if he stands for himself, there will be ugly, whose fault it is? Just think about it.

So are we going to repeat same thing again and again, I got it, there was no show yet, so what, I think I explained to you already my position and looks like you annoyed others enough to clap and be relieved when you finally left, take a hint.

Did you ask CM, you did not. How do you know he would not help. And if not, well sometimes because of kids we change our plans, nothing new. Better then annoying everyone till they start clapping.

And ugly caused by cuter, not the one who says something. You do not seem to understand who causing the problem. Example, if child bullied at school and says nothing it is cool, right, but if he stands for himself, there will be ugly, whose fault it is? Just think about it.

If they had previously been there and were attempting to rejoin, they aren't a "cutter". That is what the vast majority of us have been saying, and yes, if you cause a commotion then YOU are the cause. You, not the person that had to leave for whatever reason.

And that is a terrible example. In your example, the bully is the one that, by definition, initiates violence. In the case of 1-2 people rejoining their group, it is the ones on here with your attitude that would be initiating violence (threats, hip-checks, blocks, etc. are all technically forms of violence, and yes I realize that is not what most people think of as violence, but they are mistaken).

And to all of you that think if someone has to leave a line that their group should have to wait twice so you don't have to waddle over a foot and let them rejoin and thereby costing you a minute or two longer in line (and remember, it wouldn't be "longer" had said person(s) never had to leave the line) - you're right, I don't care. I absolutely do think you should have to wait exactly the same amount of time you expected when you entered that line behind me. You aren't entitled to gain those 1-2 minutes because I (having already been ahead of you) may have had some sort of unforseen emergency.

Funny thing is, as I said earlier, in all my years and all my days there, I had to leave a line once due to a 2 year old that was being potty trained. Funny thing #2, those that have the care-free attitude like myself and others here won't be bothered, and all y'all will, because people are going to do it and you won't stop them. You'll just stew and get on here and gripe. Best thing to do is have a turkey leg and a smile and enjoy your vacation.

If they had previously been there and were attempting to rejoin, they aren't a "cutter". That is what the vast majority of us have been saying, and yes, if you cause a commotion then YOU are the cause. You, not the person that had to leave for whatever reason.

And that is a terrible example. In your example, the bully is the one that, by definition, initiates violence. In the case of 1-2 people rejoining their group, it is the ones on here with your attitude that would be initiating violence (threats, hip-checks, blocks, etc. are all technically forms of violence, and yes I realize that is not what most people think of as violence, but they are mistaken).

And to all of you that think if someone has to leave a line that their group should have to wait twice so you don't have to waddle over a foot and let them rejoin and thereby costing you a minute or two longer in line (and remember, it wouldn't be "longer" had said person(s) never had to leave the line) - you're right, I don't care. I absolutely do think you should have to wait exactly the same amount of time you expected when you entered that line behind me. You aren't entitled to gain those 1-2 minutes because I (having already been ahead of you) may have had some sort of unforseen emergency.

Funny thing is, as I said earlier, in all my years and all my days there, I had to leave a line once due to a 2 year old that was being potty trained. Funny thing #2, those that have the care-free attitude like myself and others here won't be bothered, and all y'all will, because people are going to do it and you won't stop them. You'll just stew and get on here and gripe. Best thing to do is have a turkey leg and a smile and enjoy your vacation.

Wait, I do not think in his example we discussed cutting at all. He suggested he could have a problem, I suggested to ask CM for help if he felt he might need it. :confused3

Kelly, I was responding to this portion of your post, not what the PP said to you.

We just got home today, and while it's still fresh in my mind I will chime in here!:goodvibes

We did experience some line cutters during our trip. A couple of times it was clearly adults with kids pretending that the childs mother / father were up ahead. One time a man said "go...your moms up there" to a small boy as he pushed the boy ahead of us. The boy looked up at the man with such confusion in his face that it was obvious it was not true. Other time yes it was tour groups in matching shirts that felt they could storm ahead of us.

We did not get mad, or let it affect us but my DH adopted his "you aren't goin to pass me linebacker" pose after a while, which worked wonders! :rotfl: But it is unfortunate that you cannot just relax in line, you have to be aware of people trying to push pass you, and knock your child down in the process. THIS is what made us stop them. :furious:

This thread is on a spiral downward. from line cutting, to screaming children. It sounds like everyone can use a drink. ;)

ENTITLEMENT!

Kelly, I was responding to this portion of your post, not what the PP said to you.

Got it. If you read enough of those threads you probably saw what people do when they block. Nobody wants to initiate violence, so they just stand there, doing nothing. Is it passive aggressive, yep but not violence. If cuter does not get a hint and pushes himself, he initiating violence and he was the one to initiate the whole thing to begin with, so I blame him.
Rejoining by definition is cutting but most of us do not have a problem with that at all. Yes if someone left and rejoined my waiting time will not change and nobody is looking for the opportunity to gain this extra minute or two. Joining is a different thing however, although problem is that you don't always know if they join or rejoin. Therefore some people will just block everyone and some like me and you will not.

P.S. entitled :drinking1:smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter