What do you do on your last day?

Tallent

DIS Veteran
Traveling with 4 teens in April with a 8:15pm flight so MDE around 4:30/5ish. We'd be back to the resort by 3:45/4pm.

Normally we get up slightly later than usual (not a full sleep in day but not a rd morning), clean and pack, head to RAC then off to a park.

This time I'll be the only adult traveling with my 2 kids and each will have a friend. By the end of the trip I'm not so sure about how fast they'll be moving on the last day lol If we don't do a park on that last day, what low key things do you do or have you done? Disney Springs is an option but is there anything else?

Rachel

Last edited:
We always pack up and then head to a park for as long as we want, but we drive and are pretty much on our own schedule. Our only requirement is that we have to get 3 hours of the drive in before we stop for the night.

Where are you staying?

We always pack up and then head to a park for as long as we want, but we drive and are pretty much on our own schedule. Our only requirement is that we have to get 3 hours of the drive in before we stop for the night.

Where are you staying?

Coronado Springs :-)

If you don't want to go to a park, you could sleep in, pack, etc., grab something to eat and then go play mini golf at Winter Summerland. It is just right down the road from CS, not very far at all.

If my flight is late enough I go to DS to shop and eat at Earl Of Sandwich.

You could also go swimming.

Next trip I'm staying club level so I'll chill in the lounge for a good part of the day.

We always try to get a late flight on our check out day. We usually have a 10am character breakfast that is not at a park but at a resort instead. Ask for a late check out. Come back, get our bags out of the room, take them to be held, and then head to the pool!

We always try to get a late flight on our check out day. We usually have a 10am character breakfast that is not at a park but at a resort instead. Ask for a late check out. Come back, get our bags out of the room, take them to be held, and then head to the pool!

Going to have to check on shower facilities at the pool --the only ick factor would be carrying wet suits on the plane but I'm sure we can work something out. :-)

If you don't want to go to a park, you could sleep in, pack, etc., grab something to eat and then go play mini golf at Winter Summerland. It is just right down the road from CS, not very far at all.

Hmmm, that's a good idea! We've done the Fantasia course but not Winter Summerland....thank you!

We had a similar schedule on our last trip and spent the day at DS. With all the new shops, it was enough to fill the time. We checked the movie schedule, that might be an option for you. There is also the bowling alley there. If you like golf, there is a 9 hole, 3-par course at Disney called Oak Trails that also has “foot” golf now. Never did foot golf, but I get the emails from the golf courses and I think its sort of like soccer? I believe that its aimed at kids.

Unless we have an early flight, my family always packs the night before and checks out really early in the morning and we go to a park, usually Magic Kingdom or Epcot, as close to opening as we can and spend as much time there as we can before we have to go back. We usually get back with just minutes to spare for DME to get there lol. If a full day is my last day we spend the majority of the day at a park (sometimes 2) usually Magic Kingdom or Epcot (but we've done HS and AK before) and do the rides that we hadn't done on that trip to that point, then we'll get a bit earlier than we did earlier in the trip and usually get a pizza or food (sometimes we've gone swimming if we get back early enough, the pools at night are a lot of fun) and pack for the next morning.

We drive and like to get going by 8:30 - 9.00AM on checkout day, so we enjoy parks day before as long as we want, have a good nights sleep, and are ready to leave in morning.

Usually, our last day ends up being waking up and heading to the airline check-in desk. This time, my wife and I opted for a 10pm flight out of MCO with a 7pm DME, so we’ll likely sleep in and then head down to DS for some last minute food, drinks and shopping.

Our flight out is going to be at 6:00 this trip, which is the latest one available back to CA. We're planning to do the (character) breakfast at Cape May Cafe because we're staying at Yacht Club, followed by one last visit to Epcot, specifically world showcase. Probably getting lunch in WS before heading out.

Character breakfast... or lunch might be fun... plus if its a buffet then they can fill up before you head out...

Pool Day, or you could resort hop... looking for hidden Mickey's...

Disney Spring - movies would be another go to for me... lots of cool place to eat -

I've always wanted to see the Wilderness Lodge. On our last morning, we took the monorail from the Poly to the CR, then took a boat from the CR to WL. Took some nice pictures of WL and then rushed back to the Poly to catch the bus at 11:30. It was fun and thankfully none of the transportation broke down.

I just went for my senior trip in December and on our last day we got to Magic Kingdom around 11am and stayed until the Christmas party started. Crowds were down due to it being a party night. After we left MK we took the boat to the Wilderness Lodge and ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe then hit up Disney Springs one last time. We took it easy & it was a nice end to our vacation!

I like to spend a half day in the parks but another option I like is to get on the monorail and do a little resort hopping and maybe have a nice breakfast at one of those. I love poking around other resorts.

OP here---so far the plan is to sleep in a bit, hit RAC and check carry on bags, uber over for 11:55 Chef Mickey brunch and then 3 fast passes at MK. Back at resort by 4:45/5.

We always have a rental car so
Usually pick a resort for breakfast, then either visit other resorts and look around or go to DS.
Never bother going to parks on day we leave.
Also always have a late flight so will maybe hit old town or other areas on the way to airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!