What did you want to be when you grew up?

My son was entranced by the garbage truck that picked up our trash and at 5 yrs really wanted to work on a garbage truck. He is an engineer now so never realized his dream.

During a recent hotel stay one of my 6 yr twin girls decided she wants to clean rooms when she grows up. I didn’t have the heart to point out that any room she cleaned would be in much better shape before she cleaned it compared to after she cleaned. She might be the first cleaning lady to force a hotel into bankruptcy.

My oldess dd wanted to be a shopper, my middle dd wanted to work with hamsters in the wild, and my youngest wanted to work at McDonals. Set their sights high, huh!?!
When my sister and I were younger my Dad used to tell us that we could be anything we wanted in life. Even a garbageman. Again...setting the bar high :) Not disparaging garbage workers at all. My husband actually collected garbage at one time in his life. Made some good money! I am quite appreciative of all those unsung heros of our daily lives! So, anyone out there that makes the average persons life easy....my sincere thanks!!!

A zoologist working with whales
Radiologist
Ended up getting a degree in Political Science but now I'm planning to go back and be an accountant

Taller

Other than that neither my mother or I can remember me stating anything.

My mother on the other hand told a teacher she wanted to be an archeologist. Teacher didn’t believe that my mother knew what that was. Showed her she knew exactly what it was. She’s still interested in archeology today.

and (I'll probably get flack for this)
a wife

I wanted to be a wife from the first crush I had on a boy in kindergarten. Unfortunately, life doesn’t always give us what we want . . . I never really had a career in mind, but took classes in accounting and office things like typing to have something to fall back on. I still work in accounting today.

surgeon for like 5 years(when I was 6 my appendix ruptured and I was in the hospital for 3 weeks- I had a female surgeon/doctor)
then nothing(went to college for general studies- then quit)
now I work in wire transfer at a bank :(
wish I would've had the ambition to be a dang surgeon LOL

Interior Designer or Florist. I got a teaching degree, but worked in IT for 30 years.

Around the middle school years I wanted to be a heart surgeon, brain surgeon, and pharmaceutical researcher. In high school that changed to engineer, which is what I stuck with. I can't really remember anything before then. Veterinarian might have been in there somewhere. I'm glad I didn't become a surgeon, I don't think I have the precision or attention to detail that requires.

FX artist. Actual makeup and models-not computer FX. I love horror movies. I liked to see how real they could make the gore look. I used to buy Fangoria magazine when I was 12 and it would freak my mother out-LOL I remember seeing Jurassic Park and everyone gasped when the dinosaurs came on screen and knew I wanted to work in movies. Sadly my parents would not let me go to California for school. I got wait listed to UCLA and really wanted to go there.

I also saw the Killing Fields and really wanted to be a photojournalist. I did take photography in school and still love it.

Imagineer. I got a WDW book about the making of the park in 1978 (I was 7) and was fascinated with the modeling and creation of the elephants on the Jungle Cruise, etc. I worked for Disney, but never in Imagineering-concierge at The Contemporary, DCL reservations, Marketing and PR.

A business woman...my dream came true. I was a weird little kid and my dad would have his assistant unplug the computer and phone so I could have "meetings" in his office while he was in the press room. I LOVED it. I learned better. Now I roll my eyes and just want bullet points.

First, I was supposed to follow my father's career in MLB. Then, it was a pilot, then it was an architect......

Ended up being a project manager in technology.

I wanted to be a major league baseball player. I did play semi-pro baseball until I was 22 yrs. old which is a long ways from the major leagues. More realistic I was interested in being a meteorologist. When I went to college, many years ago, I could only afford to attend a local university and they didn't offer a degree in meteorology.

A mom. That's all I ever wanted to be, from as early as I can remember. Thankfully, I get pregnant on the first try every time. It would have been devastating to me to have to try hard for kids. I got married (the first time) very young, at 16, only because I wanted a baby. I got the baby but kicked that husband to the curb after only 14 months. Re-married while still fairly young, still married to the same man, with a total of 5 grown children and 5 perfect grandchildren.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter