What CAN'T be charged to magic band?

Does anyone know what time they charge your credit card? Checkout morning? Night before?
I forget the exact hour but it is overnight on your last night, between 1am-4am or thereabouts. Though they are not all restricted to those hours. They can charge your card any time. If you use it the alst day, they will obviously make a second charge.

Maybe I'm the exception, but multiple times we were sent a mystery charge well after we returned, like a week or two after we got back. We were able to dispute it, but who wants that?

(As discussed earlier, they also put it through if you hit the preset limit, which used to be much lower.)

Oh, since we're more or less on the topic...if you do early check-in you have to put a cc on file.

Also, several times I declined to have a cc on file, and WDW STILL put one cc on file. the one I used to pay off my balance.

I forget the exact hour but it is overnight on your last night, between 1am-4am or thereabouts. Though they are not all restricted to those hours. They can charge your card any time. If you use it the alst day, they will obviously make a second charge.

Maybe I'm the exception, but multiple times we were sent a mystery charge well after we returned, like a week or two after we got back. We were able to dispute it, but who wants that?

(As discussed earlier, they also put it through if you hit the preset limit, which used to be much lower.)

Oh, since we're more or less on the topic...if you do early check-in you have to put a cc on file.

Also, several times I declined to have a cc on file, and WDW STILL put one cc on file. the one I used to pay off my balance.

Also, the access code system isn't very secure. It isn't hard for someone to figure out your access code, especially if that person sees you enter it more than once.
I don't mind having my cc on file.

Not sure what you mean by access code? I've never charged to my band before.

I'm assuming by access code, pp is referring to the PIN number.
Yes, I think so. Here on the DIS, the term "PIN number" is more often used to refer to the personalized vacation package discount offer codes that Disney uses.

In this case, I've heard CM's use both "PIN code" and "access code." This type of PIN code = a number you create and enter into the merchant number-keypad after the keypad sensor reads your Mickeyband. I think it is (only) 4 digits long, and you type it onto a number key pad.

The process isn't particularly private.

Yes, I think so. Here on the DIS, the term "PIN number" is more often used to refer to the personalized vacation package discount offer codes that Disney uses.

In this case, I've heard CM's use both "PIN code" and "access code." This type of PIN code = a number you create and enter into the merchant number-keypad after the keypad sensor reads your Mickeyband. I think it is (only) 4 digits long, and you type it onto a number key pad.

No less private than using your debit card and entering your pin number at the grocery store...

If you think someone is watching, cup your left hand around the keyboard as you type your pin number into the key pad. It's not a big deal.

No less private than using your debit card and entering your pin number at the grocery store...

It's just an extra layer of security... so that if someone finds your MagicBand before you report it as lost, they can't just go charge a bunch of stuff to your room. I'd definitely protect my debit card PIN much more closely, since it's the key to your entire bank account.

Why :confused3 it's seems perfect for MB. I'd probably stop and spend some money if it was that easy.

I know! That’s what we said as well!
My husband was a little miffed that he and my sons still needed actual money (which he didn’t carry since, you know, magic bands!) to play the shooting range so he complained a little to the CM that was there. He simply pointed out that with all the publicity regarding the magic bands and the fact that you don’t need anything else once you got them, it seemed illogical to have arcade type machines that require change. He wasn’t rude or mad at all, he just wanted to express his opinion :angel: and the CM agreed so he unlocked a couple of guns for them for free play as long as they wanted! ::yes::
That made for a very magical moment there! :goodvibes

Okay can someone clear this up for me? I thought I heard/read that you can link a credit card to the magicbands? Or is that just for people staying on property and charging it to the room? We are staying off property and I wanted to see if we could put our Disney Visa on there and charge automatically to that. Is that possible?

Okay can someone clear this up for me? I thought I heard/read that you can link a credit card to the magicbands? Or is that just for people staying on property and charging it to the room? We are staying off property and I wanted to see if we could put our Disney Visa on there and charge automatically to that. Is that possible?

Only people staying no property can charge to the Magic Band. They are essentially doing a "room charge" that you then pay off at the resort.

When paying off the balance with a giftcard, do you need to have it present or can you just tell them the number?

I don't like carrying important things on me, and we combined a large balance to one card.

Only people staying no property can charge to the Magic Band. They are essentially doing a "room charge" that you then pay off at the resort.

I will admit that I was confused about that, too!

Thanks for clearing it up that it's actually a charge back to the room that eventually gets charged to your CC.

Oh, but wait.

I have the Disney Chase Premier CC, so if it charges back to my room, which is a Disney Moderate Resort, I will still get 2% in rewards points when the hotel bill is charged, no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter