What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

Wish I would have read this thread before our trip (just got back yesterday). Our only candy stop is in Germany. We get the Hachez chocolate bars. Germany in Epcot is the only place we have been able to find these, short of ordering them on eBay, which I did one year for Christmas stockings.

DD loves these Hachez bars. I bought 4 of these to send to her in college - one for Halloween, one for Thanksgiving break, one for Christmas stocking, and one for... well... me, if thinking about them get to be too much.

Pocky is a long, thin biscuit dipped in different flavors (chocolate, strawbery, coconut, almond, vanilla, etc.) My favorite is the chocolate Pocky:

pocky.jpg
When I was a teen we lived in Japan for a year.. I LIVED on Pocky sticks!
When we went to the pavillion in 2004 and saw them there I freaked!
EVEN BETTER!
The Walmart where I live now sells Pocky sticks!

Candy is the only thing we buy in the shops at Epcot, we love candy, we buy some in just about every country, except Mexico, and Morrocco. Many times we don't even know what we are buying, we are pretty adventurous.

Boy do we buy a lot of it! I am a choclate fiend, and DD likes the more sugary stuff, it is a challenge to keep the chocolate from melting though.

Forget what they're called, but the intensely fruit flavored gummie candies in Japan. I get the six pack assorted-six small foil packs on a strip-one for each fruit flavor. Can't get enough of them, and often buy some to take back to the office for a Disney snack fix.

They don't melt, so great for the hot weather walking around Epcot. Since they're foil packed, they stay fresh for a while at home if I can keep my hands of them!:rolleyes1

We always get this candy from Japan. I have know idea what it is called, but it is fruit flavored (strawberry, grape, lemon and lime) and it dissolves in your mouth.

Can not wait to get some of it in NOVEMBER!!!

My parents always used to get me lemon drops from the UK pavilion, they came in a tin and you could shake them up and there was powdered sugar in them, so delish!

Also, do they sell Kinder Buenos in the world showcase? Those were my favorite candies when I lived in Vienna

just found this post yesterday - its a whole new way to look at Epcot - I can't wait to go to UK pavilion. My mother is from Wales and I remember as a kid visiting and getting an ice cream with a Cadbury flake stuck in it - the best! I also had a English friend when I lived in NY who would go home for an extended visit and she would bring back Aero bars and Cadbury - she also said the English Cadbury was better than the American!

You guys are crazy for Cadburys! i dont blame you! its amazing chocolate. i spent about $60 on chocolate/oreos/candy at walmart!!

in epcot i usually get peach haribo rings in Norway i think, because i can never find them here anymore

Germany- Haribo Raspberries!!!!!!!! The best EVER

and

UK- Galaxy Chocolate bars (wish they had chocolate/caramel) and Digestives :)

The caramel/chocolate candies from Norway are Smorebuxx, or something similar. My husband travels to Norway occassionally for business and always brings these home for us.

Fruit Pastilles in the UK! I want to move to England just for these. The wine gums are good too if the pastilles are to sweet for you.

I like to get Flakey or Galaxy chocolate bars from England.
Polo's are like USA Livesavers.
Walker's Crisp's are good too, they have different types and flavours.

I believe you cannot get "Smarties" in the USA, but the Canadian Smarties are different again for the UK Smarties.

The Walmart where I live now sells Pocky sticks!

:thumbsup2 Our Walmart sells them too. They're in the Asian foods section. My kids and I love them. They're a really thin chocolate-covered biscuit. It tastes like a chocolate-covered pretzel to me. Yum! Yum! :woohoo:

:thumbsup2 I use to get Bounty bar in the UK Pavilion (Chocolate-covered coconut candy bar. Kind of like a Mounds bar, but better. The chocolate is more rich.) But, now my local Krogers (grocery store) has an international foods section. I was like a kid in a candy store when I found Bounty bar there. :banana:

They're is still one candy I can't find elsewhere, even at our local British Emporium ...

Curly Wurly in the UK Pavilion

It is caramel in a pretzel shape and covered in milk chocolate. It is so light and GOOOOOOOOOD! :thumbsup2 We always grab a couple each trip. :wizard:

:sad2: There is one candy I did NOT like that I have seen rave reviews on the DISboards was Flake that can be found in the UK Pavilion. It was very flakey as the name states. It was just not my cup of tea. :confused3

One thing I wish they would sell are Kinder Surprise Eggs. My children love them!!!!!! Everytime my friend goes to Europe, she brings back the kids a few. Also, when I was younger I lived in Europe (Belgium) and we use to get them all the time.

:goodvibes Jennifer

I believe you cannot get "Smarties" in the USA, but the Canadian Smarties are different again for the UK Smarties.

Aren't the Candian Smarties chocolate in a hard candy shell (like M&M's but flatter and prettier colors ;)). That is what I have gotten in the "real" England before. Is there something else? Just curious.

:thumbsup2 They sell Smarties in the Canada Pavilion. We got them last year.

Also, do they sell Kinder Buenos in the world showcase? Those were my favorite candies when I lived in Vienna

:confused3 Sorry, not at this time.

You CAN get the Kinder Bueno in the "real" Canada and sometimes at a Mexican grocery store. Good luck! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter