What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

When my husband was in Norway (the real one) he brought back milk choc with hazelnuts. We fell in love,.....then we found them at Norway WDW. The milk choc bars are in the bright yellow package, and the hazelnut milk choc is in the light blue.....dont ask me their names - cant pronounce it. But easy to find, and we buy about 12 bars to last the yr. Best Milk Choc I have ever had.

Jennifer

Mmmm... I love melkesjokolade and firkløver (the one with the nuts). I lived in Norway for 10 months so I was able to eat that yummy chocolate all the time. At least I can still find some of my favorites at Epcot. :goodvibes

do they really have a candy store in each country? are they hard to find?
Each country sells candy in their shops. We buy candy from Japan- my boys are big anime fans- and look for candy that has no english writing on the package. We still have hard candies rom last year! We have also gotten the Cola candies- not my boy's favorites. :confused3

From our December trip we bought chocolates from each country in WS(except for Mexico-all we found there was a 'goat milk candy' and Morocco) A few weeks after our return... when the Disney Blues set in... we had a tasting party! (Got the idea from the DISboards of course!) We had the kids taste and give :thumbsup2 or down... funny to see their reactions to some! Here is what we bought
100_5600.jpg

From Japan:Panky Chocolate- DD & I loved this one
From France: Maxim's De Paris- many different flavored chocolates
From Canada- Smarties: like M&Ms only better
From Italy: Baci Perugina- Dark chocolate w/hazelnuts- my favorite!
From China: the jar on the right- it was like candy coated chocolate rocks- strange aftertaste for me.
Oh, and from the good 'ole US of A... a Mickey Chocolate bar- we're saving that one :)
Also from Canada:Aero- pretty good
From Norway:Troika- has a raspberry jelly/gel kind of filling. Only DS liked this one.
From the UK- Cadbury Flake- DD fell in love with this one!
From Germany- 3 varieties at the bottom of my pic- all good! The star shaped ones were 'fudge' filled, the round & heart ones had hazelnuts, I think & the one in the black wrapper was dark... like 70%... but if you like dark chocolate you'll love it!

From our December trip we bought chocolates from each country in WS(except for Mexico-all we found there was a 'goat milk candy' and Morocco) A few weeks after our return... when the Disney Blues set in... we had a tasting party! (Got the idea from the DISboards of course!) We had the kids taste and give :thumbsup2 or down... funny to see their reactions to some! Here is what we bought
100_5600.jpg

From Japan:Panky Chocolate- DD & I loved this one
From France: Maxim's De Paris- many different flavored chocolates
From Canada- Smarties: like M&Ms only better
From Italy: Baci Perugina- Dark chocolate w/hazelnuts- my favorite!
From China: the jar on the right- it was like candy coated chocolate rocks- strange aftertaste for me.
Oh, and from the good 'ole US of A... a Mickey Chocolate bar- we're saving that one :)
Also from Canada:Aero- pretty good
From Norway:Troika- has a raspberry jelly/gel kind of filling. Only DS liked this one.
From the UK- Cadbury Flake- DD fell in love with this one!
From Germany- 3 varieties at the bottom of my pic- all good! The star shaped ones were 'fudge' filled, the round & heart ones had hazelnuts, I think & the one in the black wrapper was dark... like 70%... but if you like dark chocolate you'll love it!

Wow.....what a fantastic idea....we are going to do that next trip so when the blues set in....a lil something to go with the movie!!!

We used to sell these French candies called Bon Bons as a fundraiser for my French Club in high school

36218-PegBagStraw96x155.gif

Anyone know if they sell them in France? We're going to Disney next month and I'd love to pick some up if they have them.

We have a good variety of imported candies available here because our stores have world markets with imported foods, and we also have a decent import place near Boston so I imagine I can get a lot of the things mentioned in this thread at home..but I'll still try a few things at Epcot. I am especially interested in the UK Kit Kat bar since I love the American Kit Kat bars.

Mmmm... I love melkesjokolade and firkløver (the one with the nuts). I lived in Norway for 10 months so I was able to eat that yummy chocolate all the time. At least I can still find some of my favorites at Epcot. :goodvibes

I am so jealous - my DH is military and got to spend 2 months over there training their military. We soo want to go there to live for a few yrs after his military career.

Jennifer

I’ve started to compile this list for my upcoming trip. Please let me know if I’ve overlooked something or recorded something incorrectly! I’ve roughly listed the candy in order from chocolate (my preferred treat) to soft & hard candies to cookies. I’ve also tried to include brief descriptions, in case the name doesn’t ring a bell for me. Also, I’m looking for something candy-like for Morocco. TIA!

Mexico: Glorias Goat Milk and Pecan Candies (soft caramel), Peanut Marzipan, Obleas (Butter Sandwich Cookies with Dulce de Leche)

Norway: Troika (chocolate covered bar with marzipan, truffle & jelly layers), Freia Melkesjokolade (Freia Milk Chocolate), Firkløver (hazelnut milk chocolate), Daim bars, Smørbukk (semi-hard caramels), Soft Raspberries (chews, Nordic Sweets from Sweden?), salt lakris (Salt Licorice), Anna's Chocolate Mint Thin Cookies

China: White Rabbit Creamy Candy (warning: controversies about presence of formalin); Cookies: China Hwa, Soft Egg Cake, Honey Noodle Cake

Germany: Milka Bar, Ritter Sport chocolates, Reber Chocolates, Toblerone, Kinder Schokolade (chocolate), chocolate Advent calendar, Haribo Gummis (Cola, Peaches, Fruit Salad), chocolate-covered gingerbread, Hit Cookies

Italy: Pernigotti (Pepitas, Cereali, Mandorla, Nocciola), Nocciolotto Caffare, Perugina (Dark-Chocolate Almond bar, Baci Dark Chocolate with hazelnuts), cinnamon-laced chocolate bars, Ringo cookies (similar to Oreos)

Japan: Miji Panky Chocolate, Botan Rice candy, Peach Candies, Flower Candy, Sushi-Inspired Candy, Lollipops, Cola Hard Candy, Pocky, Marble Soda, Wasabi Peas

Morocco:

France: Maxim's De Paris (asst. chocolates),

UK: Cadbury (Flake, Wispa, Buttons, Curly Wurly, Roses, Crème Egg), Nestle (Aeor Bar, Lion Bar, Smarties), Crunchie Bars, Kit Kats, Mars, Rowntree Fruit Pastilles, Big Ben Toffee, Bassett’s (Wine Gums [fruit chews], Allsorts black licorice), Jelly Babies

Canada: Nestle (Coffee Crisp, Aero Bars, Smarties [like M&Ms]), Maple Butter Crunch

It's not a candy bar but I bought some Jammy Dodger cookies in the tea shop in England and those were very good. Shortbread cookies with a raspberry jam filling. I bought a Cadbury bar there too, it had hazelnuts inside, very good but I can get those at the grocery store here.

I’ve started to compile this list for my upcoming trip. Please let me know if I’ve overlooked something or recorded something incorrectly! I’ve roughly listed the candy in order from chocolate (my preferred treat) to soft & hard candies to cookies. I’ve also tried to include brief descriptions, in case the name doesn’t ring a bell for me. Also, I’m looking for something candy-like for Morocco. TIA!
Tia- Do you mind if I use your list for my upcoming trip? I was trying to sort through the thread myself to put together a list, but you've done a great job! :thumbsup2

Fruit Pastilles in the UK! I want to move to England just for these. The wine gums are good too if the pastilles are to sweet for you.

OMG!!!! The wine gums are GREAT! The very first thing I do when I get to the World Showcase is go to England for Wine Gums. They're ADDICTIVE; like fruit pastilles, but with more of a bite to them.

Now I really, really want some... I wonder if the English store a few blocks away has them... :idea:

Tia- Do you mind if I use your list for my upcoming trip? I was trying to sort through the thread myself to put together a list, but you've done a great job! :thumbsup2

Of course! I hope that anyone who wants to use this compiled list would feel free to take it, use it, add to it, and/or modify it.

CHOCOLATE KOALA COOKIES FROM JAPAN! So amazing!!!

I used to be able to get them near my college campus at this weird and very creepy Asian grocery type of place but then I went in there once and the girl was sitting behind the counter with the phone looking very surprised that anyone would be in the store and there was literally NOTHING on any of the shelves except for some old cartons of milk in the freezer. And it suddenly became very clear that it was a front for something else!!!!!

Luckily I can still get them in Japan at Epcot! :)

Pocky. And flower candy, if they have it. Both would be found in Japan.

Also? Cadbury chocolate and REAL SMARTIES in England. You haven't lived until you've had real Cadbury chocolate. It's amazing. Smarties > M&Ms, too.

I love Smarties!!!!!! Are they different from the American brand?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter