What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

We just bought a bunch of candy bars (chocolate) from England and I got to tell you they are gross and not worth the money.

DH likes the candy from Norway and Germany

I had a friend from Liverpool and we had a candy exchange program. :rotfl:
He would mail me Flake (and if I was good, he would send me "Snowflake" - imagine Flake covered in white chocolate) and I would send him Blow-Pop's. He couldn't find them anywhere except in the US.

"Flake" in England! It's a chocolate bar, made up of flakes of chocolate. My MIL is from England and used to talk about this candy. Well, DH and I tried it and YUUUMMMM!!

I used to purchase the White Rabbit candies in China. I love those things. But I recently was reading a caption in the Washington Post about how another Asian country was not accepting the candies anymore due to its formaldahyde content. Yikes!

So, don't purchase those. :sad1:

:) :)
Our last trip to WDW we were working our way around the "World" and we went into the candy shop in Germany.

I was shocked when I saw "Reber's Chocolates".....My last name is Reber. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I didn't know there was a famous "Reber". I know my DH's family was German...way back. So of course I spent about $30 on chocolate as gifts.

I told the clerk that I should get a discount since I was probably related to the owners...she looked at me and thought I was making a weird joke...I showed her my ID and she said "Oh my gosh...you weren't kidding!"

So I don't know if it is my favorite, because of the taste...or just the name!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

No Oreo's in the UK?? WOW!

Any Italy Disers on this thread? My DS19 went to Italy last year and fell in love with "Ringos" cookies, he said they are like Oreos, but much better. Since he's been home he cannot find these anywhere in the Italian shops here in the U.S.

Love this thread!

In Japan they use to have these little clear plastics bags of candy...they were rock shaped little sugar peices (pastel colors) and they had little jaw breakers in the bag as well. anyway those were the best thing but the last time I went back in 05 I couldnt find them anywhere...I was devastated...

I used to purchase the White Rabbit candies in China. I love those things. But I recently was reading a caption in the Washington Post about how another Asian country was not accepting the candies anymore due to its formaldahyde content. Yikes!

So, don't purchase those. :sad1:

Don't worry too much. I've been eating this since I was 2 years old and I'm still alive and kicking :) ;)

DH and I love the chocolate in the UK shops, it is much better than american chocolate! Actually it has spoiled DH so much that now I have to buy it in our local grocery store for him (at double the price of the american stuff of course :laughing: )!!! I also love the german chocolate b/c I love marzipan and the best part....DH hates marzipan so he never eats it on me! :cool1:

I love the Flake bars in England and also something I think is called Twirly Whirly?? It is so good, it twisty caramel thats all covered in yummy chocolate, Cadbury of course!.
It's called curly whirly, it's is so nice!, one of my favourites :love:

Just a comment-this is a pretty good idea for a chocolate-lover. One year I got Dad a chocolate candy from each country in Epcot. I also included an Epcot map and referenced what country each chocolate/candy was from. It's a great gift for someone who's hard to buy for who loves chocolate/candy. I got this tip from the DIS boards several years ago.

Just a comment-this is a pretty good idea for a chocolate-lover. One year I got Dad a chocolate candy from each country in Epcot. I also included an Epcot map and referenced what country each chocolate/candy was from. It's a great gift for someone who's hard to buy for who loves chocolate/candy. I got this tip from the DIS boards several years ago.

Super idea especially with the map reference :thumbsup2

Another vote for Pocky! The chocolate is good, but the coconut is great! :love:

During our last trip, my husband made me promise to bring him back a few boxes of Pocky, so I got some of every kind they had. The first time I went to Wal Mart when I got home, I noticed they had it there! Of course, it was at least twice as much at WDW! :headache:

When my husband was in Norway (the real one) he brought back milk choc with hazelnuts. We fell in love,.....then we found them at Norway WDW. The milk choc bars are in the bright yellow package, and the hazelnut milk choc is in the light blue.....dont ask me their names - cant pronounce it. But easy to find, and we buy about 12 bars to last the yr. Best Milk Choc I have ever had.

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter