What are your go to words when trying not to curse?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
What are your go to words when trying not to curse? I always thought the world would be a nicer and politer place if cursing became a thing of the past. If more people followed that trend, maybe we all could get along better in this world.
:-)
Ex. Dang it, fiddlesticks, fudge bars.

Years ago, my ex-husband was teaching a high school English class and gave students an extra-credit question to create some words that sound harsh enough to be satisfying swear word substitutes.

One young woman got double credit for "barfark" and "rabbafits" (rhymes with "rabbit").

Pretty good ones, IMO. I still use barfark. Mostly because my favorite aunt once remarked that "darn it, "dang it"--substitutes similar to the actual swear words aren't better, because people know what you really wanted to say.

What are your go to words when trying not to curse? I always thought the world would be a nicer and politer place if cursing became a thing of the past. If more people followed that trend, maybe we all could get along better in this world.
:-)
Ex. Dang it, fiddlesticks, fudge bars.
Not sure how it's any nicer when the intent is the same.

Flippin' and associated variations, such as:

d2f857a0-6ab1-472c-ac38-92934c2cfa33_text.gif

I usually say flippin, good fricken grief and Uffda which is often used to replace “crap!”

What the..... Thats it. I just don't finish the sentence lol. Otherwise, I mostly just use the real words. A lot :rotfl2:I tried really hard to stop cussing when my 1st was born. Then he came home around 3-4 saying some words and I realized he was going to hear them anyway. Now we focus on appropriate usage and knowing when it's ok to use them. Like they know they can't curse at school, daycare, or friends houses etc. But at home, if its appropriate and deserved then have at it. Sometimes calling your brother a mean jerk face just isn't enough, ya know?

This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. If you say you don’t swear, but say things like fiddlesticks or gosh darn it, you’re still using all the swears (sentence enhancers), you’re just pronouncing them differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter