What are your go to words when trying not to curse?

Reject instead of a different 6 letter word that starts RE.
It’s hard not to blurt something out when an unsafe driver makes life pass before your eyes. Freakin’ reject!

I just say the word. If you don’t like that I swear like a sailor then you don’t have to be my friend.

People who swear actually make better friends and are more intelligent. So say it loud and proud.

When I was in high school one of my favorite teachers would say cheese and crackers and I totally “got it” when I became a teacher. I use it all the time in my class and my kiddos think it’s hysterical by the end of the year I hear them saying it !😂😂😂

Yeah, it is isn't often I substitute the actual word. Usually if someone hears me swear, the word is a term for an animal in the horse family or the word that has a double consonant but sounds the same as a barrier to hold back water. I will not say THE one bad word in front of most people, but every once and a while it makes it appearance with dh, close friends, my sister, and cousins. NEVER in front of my parents or my child. Nope. :sad2:

Some swear word really aren't bad to me. In my teen years I grew up hearing my Dad say the curse word for poop when he couldn't fit all the dirty dishes into the dishwasher. :laughing: What is funny (and odd) is that I had a strict home with most other things -- but the s and d words were used by my Dad and it was never a big deal. I am sure he already knew I was likely swearing with my friends, which I was.

I have told my DD the same thing. I am not naive enough to think she doesn't swear. Just don't swear in texts, and when adults are around. Of course I don't want my child to swear, but I'd rather have that then a slew of other things. Picking my battles. ::yes::

Unless I'm at work (and only in front of patients), I let it fly. I don't see the need to substitute what I really want to say.

:blush: I actively try not to swear out loud. I say “aww, for Pete’s sake” a lot, and snap or rats. Sometimes I’ll just mutter the letters: WTH, FFS or in really tough spots, FML!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter