What are you using for car rentals?

I was just checking a rate through Costco for September and some of the rates included $25 discount plus a $20 CAD Costco gift card to be mailed after the rental, never seen that for Car rentals.
Yes, I saw that. Budget and Avis I think. My rental dates start before promo starts and I return car after I arrive in WDW. Since I’m staying at WL, the Disney Car Care is closest return location for Alamo/National so much more convenient for us. But I have used Budget in the past and return to Disney Springs Doubletree. I don’t like Budgets Toll policy though. If you use their transponder to go thru tolls even if it’s just one day, you pay the admin fee for entire length of rental. With Alamo you only pay admin fee when you use it.
I’ve never seen that promo either!

My rate went down again today, yay!

Glad I continued to check. Costco's August rate dropped by almost $100 USD for our two week rental period, so I've cancelled my Expedia booking and went with them. Saving $100 CND over the best Expedia price.

Glad I continued to check. Costco's August rate dropped by almost $100 USD for our two week rental period, so I've cancelled my Expedia booking and went with them. Saving $100 CND over the best Expedia price.
Yay! Mine continues to drop, bit by bit lol! I just keep canceling and rebooking at new lower price. Takes all of 2 minutes. Dropped today to $237 for 12 days.

Check again, there's another drop for us. I did the pay up right now mister because I figured I was good with $202 and now this morning I see the standard pickup at 151 so I scroll down and see the full size car at 272. Oh well it would have been good to keep cancelling and rebooking but until today I was seeing it go up bit by bit. Would be nice to see a costco gift card but I do like Alamo's everything. I like being able to choose my car and the transponder as well. I used Budget a few times and the final price never matched the reservation, was kind of a turn off.

Check again, there's another drop for us. I did the pay up right now mister because I figured I was good with $202 and now this morning I see the standard pickup at 151 so I scroll down and see the full size car at 272. Oh well it would have been good to keep cancelling and rebooking but until today I was seeing it go up bit by bit. Would be nice to see a costco gift card but I do like Alamo's everything. I like being able to choose my car and the transponder as well. I used Budget a few times and the final price never matched the reservation, was kind of a turn off.
That’s odd, I just got Standard size with free upgrade coupon on Costco.ca to Full Size yesterday with price drop at $237 for 12 days.
I’ve been renting cars from FLL for years. I never do the pay now options as I’ve seen prices continue to drop up to last few days of travel.
2 yrs ago I finally bought my own portable transponder. They now have small units that suction cup to windshield. I’m in the Deerfield Beach area for 12 days before WDW and always end up on toll roads. Plus the bazillion tolls to get to WDW!

I like the rentals from FLL as well. For us it's the most convenient. I did return a car to Miami a few years back because we were staying at Comfort Suites. Just walking through the terminal to get to a shuttle I was happy I never flew in or out of there. I'll stick to FLL. I should break down and get a transponder but we only go to Florida every couple of years so not exactly sure it's worth our while.

I like the rentals from FLL as well. For us it's the most convenient. I did return a car to Miami a few years back because we were staying at Comfort Suites. Just walking through the terminal to get to a shuttle I was happy I never flew in or out of there. I'll stick to FLL. I should break down and get a transponder but we only go to Florida every couple of years so not exactly sure it's worth our while.
You’re saving the admin fees, so after 1 trip it pays for itself depending on how many days you’re using Turnpike and Sawgrass. I end up using at least the Sawgrass daily while I’m in Lauderdale/Boca area. And I’m there 10-12 days before I head up to WDW. I wish I bought one sooner. I go every year.

Sounds like a much better deal than seeing the charges on your card a month later. I only go every second year so not sure it would pay for itself but I have considered it especially because it's in all the convenience stores but this trip I'll only use it twice on the turnpike and next year there is no Florida. Haven't seen enough of Canada yet it's time to visit the coast

Heads up, for those booking with Costco Alamo. I’ve been booking using Free Upgrade Coupon on Costco. I’ve used it before and on confirmation email upgraded car is on it. So if I book midsize with upgrade, Standard size is on my confirmation.

But not this time. I was booking Standard size>Full size. But Full size not showing up. I phoned Costco # and they didn’t know so transferred me directly to Alamo. They told me that coupon expires before my trip (next week). I said, but coupon says exp is 12/18. Alamo says it’s wrong and that’s why system isn’t upgrading me.

Wasn’t a big deal. Full size is only $2 more so I cancelled and rebooked for full size. Glad I found out before arriving expecting a full size and told no, you have Standard. I dislike surprises at car rental. I did call back Costco to let them know website coupons are wrong.

The good news :drive:is that my rental just went down again, now $204 for 12 days, picking up at FLL. Dropping of at Disney CCC.

When are you travelling? I'm just curious as I have booked my current rate for August 14-29 for a midsize (with the upgrade to standard) and Standard shows on my reservation (and every time I check rates it still shows as midsize with upgrade to standard. The next cheapest class is Full Size. Standard doesn't even show as an option.

Just hoping I'm not going to be out of luck? It should be ok if I have it on the reservation? I've tried typing on codes before that haven't worked (either expired or too long or too short of a rental and they don't show up as being valid) Now I'm panicking a little!

When are you travelling? I'm just curious as I have booked my current rate for August 14-29 for a midsize (with the upgrade to standard) and Standard shows on my reservation (and every time I check rates it still shows as midsize with upgrade to standard. The next cheapest class is Full Size. Standard doesn't even show as an option.

Just hoping I'm not going to be out of luck? It should be ok if I have it on the reservation? I've tried typing on codes before that haven't worked (either expired or too long or too short of a rental and they don't show up as being valid) Now I'm panicking a little!
I arrive Aug 15 but I’m flying into Ft Lauderdale, then returning to Disney Car Care on Aug 27 after resort check in and shopping.

Did you rent from Costco? If upgrade is showing on your res I’m sure you’re good. It wasn’t showing on mine at all which is why I phoned.

I cancelled and rebooked Full Size this morning when price dropped to $204 for Full size. Just checked a few minutes ago, Alamo price jumped to $636 :scared: Sure Happy I’m locked at $204! Crazy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter