What are you using for car rentals?

Now, I haven't tried this myself, BUT I was told that we can book car rental trough the American Costco travel site and it's often cheaper. We can't book vacations, but car rental seems to be ok. Might be worth checking? Like I said, I've never used it though.
Yes, I’ve used US site too. Used to be cheaper but now it’s pretty much the same for the most part. I have booked occasionally in the past on US site without problem.

Ive checked a few times since the poster suggested the site. The price seems to be constant so for when we are renting next month the difference is around 12-15 dollars. I do like the idea of an extra site to compare prices though.

I just checked for the fun of it and right now it's 30 dollars cheaper for the Canadian site for the car we want. Both sites list in US dollars. But this is the first time I check. Might be fun to check over the next few days or weeks to see how much each site would fluctuate. I couldn't really beat the current price drop. Costco was 203 and alamo was 205 if you use the pay now. I don't really see it dropping much more than that. I thought of using my airmiles but it was 2000 miles for the week. I've had week long rentals for half of that so I'll keep collecting and stock piling them :)
I’ve had drops a week before travel. I just had a small price drop yesterday, now down to $314 for my 12 day rental from FLL

I'm just going to take the chance it wasn't getting any lower than that :) But great for you that it dropped again

I'm just going to take the chance it wasn't getting any lower than that :) But great for you that it dropped again
I anticipate more drops, I’ve been doing this rental pick up in FLL and return to wdw for many years. And it’s still early for August, I’m fairly certain there will be more larger drops for my rental.

Still no luck with Costco for our August dates (prices have actually gone up to about $700 CND for 2 weeks for a compact). I'm currently looking to book for a week in November (not at U.S. Thanksgiving) and Costco's best price is about $400 CND for 7 days (compact).

Still no luck with Costco for our August dates (prices have actually gone up to about $700 CND for 2 weeks for a compact). I'm currently looking to book for a week in November (not at U.S. Thanksgiving) and Costco's best price is about $400 CND for 7 days (compact).
For Nov prices will change a lot between now and then. For Aug I don’t know, seems high but I never pick up at MCO as I’m in Ft Lauderdale first. So I pick up there. And return to CCC.
Have you checked prices using Disney Car Care Centre as pick up? (Alamo or National). You can take DME from airport to resort, and phone CCC for a pick up at your resort. They have a shuttle that will pick you up from your resort and take you to CCC to get your car. You can arrange ahead of time too.
Price may be cheaper than airport?
You can either opt to return to CCC and they will shuttle you back to your resort, or anywhere on Disney property and use DME to return to airport, or return car to MCO depending on prices and what suits you.

I checked again this morning and prices have dropped again for our week in August. Not quite by 50 dollars but still a big price drop. I'm already committed with pay now because I figured the price was good enough for me but I'll keep checking over the next 3 weeks just for fun

I checked again this morning and prices have dropped again for our week in August. Not quite by 50 dollars but still a big price drop. I'm already committed with pay now because I figured the price was good enough for me but I'll keep checking over the next 3 weeks just for fun
This is why I never pay in advance. This would kill me, lol. I checked mine this morning, no drop today. But off to check again! :car:

Just because of that I had to check again. Price drop but no as good as what I already got :) phew

For Nov prices will change a lot between now and then. For Aug I don’t know, seems high but I never pick up at MCO as I’m in Ft Lauderdale first. So I pick up there. And return to CCC.
Have you checked prices using Disney Car Care Centre as pick up? (Alamo or National). You can take DME from airport to resort, and phone CCC for a pick up at your resort. They have a shuttle that will pick you up from your resort and take you to CCC to get your car. You can arrange ahead of time too.
Price may be cheaper than airport?
You can either opt to return to CCC and they will shuttle you back to your resort, or anywhere on Disney property and use DME to return to airport, or return car to MCO depending on prices and what suits you.
We have a condo near Disney so unfortunately we're at the whim of the rental companies, other than when we drive down in March. I've reserved through Costco for my November visit, just in case prices get worse. Previous years I'd gotten 5-6 day rentals in the fall for about $125 USD, seems like those days have passed. Cheers!

We have a condo near Disney so unfortunately we're at the whim of the rental companies, other than when we drive down in March. I've reserved through Costco for my November visit, just in case prices get worse. Previous years I'd gotten 5-6 day rentals in the fall for about $125 USD, seems like those days have passed. Cheers!
Keep checking Costco. Prices do change. My rental for Mid August (picking up in Ft Lauderdale) has dropped several times. Last night it dropped again.

Our FLL for next month dropped again another 8 dollars. Not going to lie I usually don't keep that close an eye out. This time was a game to see how much it fluctuates. I figured $202 was going to be the lowest but it's $196 this morning.

For those watching August rentals, my price just dropped 2x in 2 days. Now down to $271 for 12 days mid Aug picking up at Ft Lauderdale. Dropping off at wdw. Plus free upgrade coupon
Edit to add, a good thing renting from Costco is the free extra driver, comes in handy when one of my daughters comes with.

Today: Costco price drop again. My midsize went down to $256, but because next size up was only $4 more, I upgraded to Standard size, plus I still have the Free upgrade coupon so will be getting Full Size.
Now the game is- How low can it go? I’m now at a price I can live with, but nice if it goes down further. Esp with USD. It’s 3 weeks out, some years this is best rate, other years I’ve had price drops a week before, will see.

I hope those watching have seen their rentals drop too!

Last edited:
Our FLL for next month dropped again another 8 dollars. Not going to lie I usually don't keep that close an eye out. This time was a game to see how much it fluctuates. I figured $202 was going to be the lowest but it's $196 this morning.
you must be getting excited! Your vacay is 2 weeks away? I think you’re dropping off at Alamo the day before we arrive. We almost could have had a meet in the Alamo garage lol!

That would have been funny to see!! And yes we are getting super excited. Every Florida vaca is a fun vaca

That would have been funny to see!! And yes we are getting super excited. Every Florida vaca is a fun vaca
I think I’m going to get suitcases out today. My Amazon packing cubes arrived! Start laying out things I want to take.
So hot here. I’m climatizing for Florida :scared:
Are you still tracking car rental! I just had another drop, and upgraded to Standard size with free upgrade coupon to Full Size gets me 12 days for $249

Nice!! Keeps getting better for you. Yes I still track just for fun. Price is fluctuating a bit but not lower than my 202 for 7 days with the full size. Can't wait, under 2 weeks now. Haven't started packing yet LOL. What are Amazon packing cubes?

Nice!! Keeps getting better for you. Yes I still track just for fun. Price is fluctuating a bit but not lower than my 202 for 7 days with the full size. Can't wait, under 2 weeks now. Haven't started packing yet LOL. What are Amazon packing cubes?
Packing Cubes are zippered compartments made of nylon type material and mesh for breathability. Varying sizes. S-m-l. I haven’t used them yet but my friend just came back from a trip and raves about them. You can use large cube to pack shorts, pants, etc. Medium for shirts, small for undies. I roll my clothes. Then when you get to your hotel you just take cubes out of suitcase and put in drawers unzipped. Sounds good. And keeps stuff organized.

I’m pretty happy with my $249 for 12 days, and free upgrade to Standard but will be happier if it goes down more lol. Sounds about right. My cost is about $48 more than yours for 5 more days.

Last edited:
I was just checking a rate through Costco for September and some of the rates included $25 discount plus a $20 CAD Costco gift card to be mailed after the rental, never seen that for Car rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!