What are the odds?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by bz8bls, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. bz8bls

    bz8bls Mouseketeer

    Jul 6, 2003
    DH and I have become new DVC members (last October 2003); we have planned our first DVC trip Labor Day week for adults only at OKW Grand Villa.
    Well, this morning we were talking about the upcoming Xmas holidays and decided this would be the year that we would not host the holidays dinner for 40+ family members (have been hosting it for the last 4 years); then it struck me:crazy: why don't we drive to WDW (due to having down time from work) with our first and only grandchild (2 yrs old). To my satisfaction DH agreed:Pinkbounc !!!

    Question: Do you think we would be able to book a studio at SSR (our home resort) December 25th thru December 31st at this late date???

    BTW, we have been to WDW numerous times, but never during the Xmas season
  2. Bill K

    Bill K DVC Member / Animal Kingdom

    Aug 23, 1999
    It's a loooong shot!
  3. Cruelladeville

    Cruelladeville <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

    Jan 13, 2001
    But you could pay cash! Fly down from Michigan on the 24th, and you get their fall rates on the rooms, which is 1/2 price thru Central Reservations, and then you have the 1/2 price rate thru your whole trip. You have to be there on the 24th, though, because the rates go up on Christmas Day. We went on the 24th thru NWAir and got a room for $169 a night on the 24th-29th. Right now you can book air for about $159 per person out of Detroit--I got it out of Grand Rapids for that price, and Detroit must be cheaper than that!

    Right now most of SSR's rooms are cash rates, because there are not yet a lot of their rooms in DVC inventory!
  4. Dean

    Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

    Aug 19, 1999
    Actually something at one of the DVC WDW resorts might be available. SSR is actually the most likely availability and here's why. IF DVD declares inventory between now and Dec, that time will open up and go straight to the wait list. OKW also might be available and you never know about everything else. If you want to go, put in the request and get on the wait list. You must decide whether to do the wait list day by day or for the entire time at once. Your chances of ultimate success are better with day by day but if you will miss a banking window or need to borrow, this might not work out if you don't get everything. Since you would be driving, at least you don't have to worry about air.

    If you're set on SSR, you could book if anything is available and change back to SSR by wait list if that opens up. You could also make a cash reservation say at a Moderate just in case.

Share This Page