What are the odds??

mommapea

Mouseketeer
So, I know nothing is definite...and I'm going to WDW in June with no expectations, but are people, more often than not, getting something during the YOAMD's??? just curious.

No.

Okay, that's the short answer. Slightly longer:

I saw a family every morning get chosen to open the park...I believe they've always done that, though.
I saw a family given instruments to play in the stretching room for PhilharMagic...they called that a "Dream".
I saw several Dream Fastpasses in several parks.

I was there 5 days, 4 nights, and that was all I noticed.

I dont think u are going to get anything special for going but hey u never know if you will be the one granted a wish or not.... its like Lotto... u got to be in it to win it! :)

We were at Disneyland 12/14/06 for 6 days, 3 days at DL and CA. This was our first trip ever to DL on the first day we got Dream fastpass:scared1: and the second day we were chosen to open the park.:banana: This was an amazing trip.:wizard: We will be going to WDW in October 2007 6 days at the parks, I am not expecting such great things to happen but you never know.:wizard:

For the actual prizes (that are listed in the sweepstakes rules like the Dream Fastpasses, Dream Ears, Lanyards, trips, etc) your chances are low, but you have as good a chance as everyone else does. The rules state that they are giving away 1,551 prizes (approx) daily. So if you figure that is spread out through MK, AK, MGM, Epcot, Downtown Disney, Typhoon and Blizzard it really is not a large number for any given place in one day (only about 300 I would guess at like MK...when you are talking an attendance over 30,000 on average).

Magical Moments however are abundant and can happen anytime. A magical moment would be opening the park, riding in the wheelhouse on the riverboat, getting a free cookie at the bake shop. The little things the CM's can do to make your day more enjoyable and memorable. A Magical moment would be any of these types of things, they happen all the time, everyday in all the parks and resorts, but they are not a part of the YOAMD sweepstakes itself. They are apart of Where Dreams Come True (the campagin). So even if you don't win a tangible prize be on the look out for the little touches!

For the actual prizes (that are listed in the sweepstakes rules like the Dream Fastpasses, Dream Ears, Lanyards, trips, etc) your chances are low, but you have as good a chance as everyone else does. The rules state that they are giving away 1,551 prizes (approx) daily. So if you figure that is spread out through MK, AK, MGM, Epcot, Downtown Disney, Typhoon and Blizzard it really is not a large number for any given place in one day (only about 300 I would guess at like MK...when you are talking an attendance over 30,000 on average).

Don't forget the other disney parks, and the mail in entries as well are included in those chances.

We got our Magical Moment before the Year of a Million Dreams (see pic below!) and let me tell you, it was truly magical! It was the 1st day of our trip (went May/June). My son's friend had never been before and was joining us this time.

We received certificates for opening the park, which they held at guest services for us until park close, or if we forgot to pick up, they'd mail to us.

The coolest part though was when we were led AWAY from the mob rushing through the opened gates and up another ramp to... you guessed it, the FRONT of the monorail... no wait! The boys were excited and I was ecstatic!!! It was a wonderful way to start the trip and a memory I will NEVER forget!

I'm sure that this year, all of the "dreams", however little or inexpensive as they might be, will certainly brighten someone's day and make it a little nicer! :hippie:

We just returned from a week at WDW (Dec 17-24) and didn't receive anything nor did we notice anyone else receiving any dream/wishes. I kind of forgot about it and was glad I didn't make a big deal out of what could or might happen ahead of time with my family.

We were just there for 2 days over Christmas. We did not see any dreams being granted. Saw the dream makers walking through AK one day but nothing in the making.

We were there in Oct/Nov and wer elucky enough to receive a few "magical Moments" but by far the best thing was an exclusive one-on-one audience with Cinderella herself in the Magic Kingdom Park. This was just for our family and wasn't rushed or hurried at all. There was lots of time for conversation and photos. My DD will remember it for the rest of her life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter