What are the Covid vaccine eligibility in your city/county

I'm posting this to be fair since I've ragged on CA in a previous post. They rushed through the homeless and went straight to those with medical conditions. YAH. Was irking me that my 18 year old healthy neice could get one before my daughter. My daughter's doctor called her yesterday to tell her she qualified but she got hers 2 weeks ago. She was the recipient of someone not showing up for their appointment at Rite Aid. (helps that we have a relative as a pharm tech there to call to let her know). CA must have gotten a lot more vaccinations as Rite Aid now is required to give vacc until 8 pm to fulfill their new quota

Louisiana:

Effective Tuesday, March 9, 2021, the State of Louisiana expanded eligibility for COVID-19 vaccines to include people who have health conditions that may result in a higher risk of disease. If you are between the ages of 18 and 64 (or 16+ if receiving the Pfizer vaccine) and have one of the following conditions, you are now eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccine. If you are pregnant, regardless, of age you are eligible.
PRIORITY GROUP 1A
SLEEVES UP - to help end the pandemic
  • People ages 65 or older
  • High-risk medical conditions (ages 18 and up, or ages 16 and up for Pfizer vaccine only). To receive the vaccine, people with these underlying medical conditions should complete the Louisiana COVID-19 Vaccine Attestation Form (English | Spanish | Vietnamese) before their appointment:
    • Asthma (moderate to severe)
    • Cancer
    • Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • Chronic liver disease
    • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
    • Current or former smoker
    • Cystic fibrosis
    • Down syndrome
    • Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
    • Hypertension or high blood pressure
    • Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
    • Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
    • Overweight (body mass index [BMI] of 25 or higher but less than 30)
    • Obesity (BMI of 30 or higher but less than 40)
    • Severe obesity (BMI of 40 or higher)
    • Pregnancy
    • Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
    • Severe neurologic conditions, such as dementia
    • Sickle cell disease
    • Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
    • Type 1 diabetes mellitus
    • Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Eligibility by workforce category:
  • Ambulatory and outpatient providers and staff
    • Behavioral health providers and staff
    • Community care providers and staff
    • Dental providers and staff
    • Dialysis providers and staff
    • Non-emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) providers and staff
    • Urgent care clinic providers and staff
  • Professional home care providers (including hospice workers), unpaid family caregivers and home care recipients (including older and younger people with disabilities over the age of 16 who receive community or home-based care, as well as clients of home health agencies)
  • American Sign Language (ASL) and foreign language interpreters and Support Service Providers (SSPs) working in community and clinic-based settings, and clients who are both deaf and blind
  • Health-related support personnel (lab staff, mortuary staff who have contact with corpses, pharmacy staff)
  • Schools of allied health students, residents and staff
  • Law enforcement and other first responders
  • Louisiana Unified Command Group
  • State legislators
  • State and local essential COVID emergency response personnel
  • ·Some elections staff ahead of March and April elections
  • Teachers and any other support staff working on site in K-12 or daycare
  • Any staff working in congregate facilities (prisons/jails, shelters, dorms, rehab/detox centers, group homes)
Priority Group 1B, Tier 2 (effective Monday, March 22, 2021)
All essential workers now eligible:
  • Bank tellers
  • Child, youth and family service workers
  • Clergy
  • Construction workers
  • Energy workers
  • Food and agricultural workers
  • Food service (restaurant) workers, hotel workers and other hospitality workers
  • Frontline government workers
  • Grocery store workers
  • Institutes of higher education faculty/staff
  • IT and communications workers
  • Judges, court staff, clerks of court and staff, district attorneys and public defenders
  • Manufacturing workers
  • Media workers
  • Postal workers
  • Public and private security and emergency preparedness workers
  • Public health workers
  • Public safety engineers and other workers
  • Transportation workers including river pilots
  • Veterinarians and support staff
  • Water and wastewater workers
  • Waste management workers

I'm in NH and Phase 2b opened up this morning for anyone 50+. 1a was frontline workers, 1b was anyone 65+ and people with severe health conditions, and 2a included teachers.

Just announced our state (Arizona) is opening to 16+ Wednesday. There will be a lot of scrambling and a lot of people.

Here in IN, they have opened it up to anybody 40+..... next round I can actually admit getting the vaccine because I am forever 39 :rotfl2: Really though I had round 1 last week when the opened it up to 45-49.

• Haha
Reactions: GAN
Louisiana:

Effective Tuesday, March 9, 2021, the State of Louisiana expanded eligibility for COVID-19 vaccines to include people who have health conditions that may result in a higher risk of disease. If you are between the ages of 18 and 64 (or 16+ if receiving the Pfizer vaccine) and have one of the following conditions, you are now eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccine. If you are pregnant, regardless, of age you are eligible.
PRIORITY GROUP 1A
SLEEVES UP - to help end the pandemic
  • People ages 65 or older
  • High-risk medical conditions (ages 18 and up, or ages 16 and up for Pfizer vaccine only). To receive the vaccine, people with these underlying medical conditions should complete the Louisiana COVID-19 Vaccine Attestation Form (English | Spanish | Vietnamese) before their appointment:
    • Asthma (moderate to severe)
    • Cancer
    • Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • Chronic liver disease
    • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
    • Current or former smoker
    • Cystic fibrosis
    • Down syndrome
    • Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
    • Hypertension or high blood pressure
    • Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
    • Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
    • Overweight (body mass index [BMI] of 25 or higher but less than 30)
    • Obesity (BMI of 30 or higher but less than 40)
    • Severe obesity (BMI of 40 or higher)
    • Pregnancy
    • Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
    • Severe neurologic conditions, such as dementia
    • Sickle cell disease
    • Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
    • Type 1 diabetes mellitus
    • Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Eligibility by workforce category:
  • Ambulatory and outpatient providers and staff
    • Behavioral health providers and staff
    • Community care providers and staff
    • Dental providers and staff
    • Dialysis providers and staff
    • Non-emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) providers and staff
    • Urgent care clinic providers and staff
  • Professional home care providers (including hospice workers), unpaid family caregivers and home care recipients (including older and younger people with disabilities over the age of 16 who receive community or home-based care, as well as clients of home health agencies)
  • American Sign Language (ASL) and foreign language interpreters and Support Service Providers (SSPs) working in community and clinic-based settings, and clients who are both deaf and blind
  • Health-related support personnel (lab staff, mortuary staff who have contact with corpses, pharmacy staff)
  • Schools of allied health students, residents and staff
  • Law enforcement and other first responders
  • Louisiana Unified Command Group
  • State legislators
  • State and local essential COVID emergency response personnel
  • ·Some elections staff ahead of March and April elections
  • Teachers and any other support staff working on site in K-12 or daycare
  • Any staff working in congregate facilities (prisons/jails, shelters, dorms, rehab/detox centers, group homes)
Priority Group 1B, Tier 2 (effective Monday, March 22, 2021)
All essential workers now eligible:
  • Bank tellers
  • Child, youth and family service workers
  • Clergy
  • Construction workers
  • Energy workers
  • Food and agricultural workers
  • Food service (restaurant) workers, hotel workers and other hospitality workers
  • Frontline government workers
  • Grocery store workers
  • Institutes of higher education faculty/staff
  • IT and communications workers
  • Judges, court staff, clerks of court and staff, district attorneys and public defenders
  • Manufacturing workers
  • Media workers
  • Postal workers
  • Public and private security and emergency preparedness workers
  • Public health workers
  • Public safety engineers and other workers
  • Transportation workers including river pilots
  • Veterinarians and support staff
  • Water and wastewater workers
  • Waste management workers

Wow ...seems like it would have been easier to just name the 12 people that don't qualify, and tell everyone else they can get a vaccine!

Right now it is anyone 40 or over or with a list of comorbidities like diabetes and obesity. I believe starting Monday it is everyone over 16 no matter what your health status.

My wife and I are eligible but are going to wait a few weeks. We are otherwise healthy and want to give others a change that may need it more. We are also hoping we can find some of the J&J shots so it is one and done.

Michigan opens it up to anyone over 16 on April 5. Right now anyone over 50 and anyone over 16 with certain health conditions are being vaccinated. Essential workers etc. are ongoing.

Wow ...seems like it would have been easier to just name the 12 people that don't qualify, and tell everyone else they can get a vaccine!
Right? I read that something like 70% of our population qualifies just on overweight, smoking, or both. With the essential workers now added, I don't personally know a single person who's excluded.

Reactions: GAN
My wife and I are eligible but are going to wait a few weeks. We are otherwise healthy and want to give others a change that may need it more. We are also hoping we can find some of the J&J shots so it is one and done.
PLEASE go ahead and get your vaccines. Every single shot in an arm is one step closer to ending this thing for everyone. More and more doses are shipping every week, so you're really not preventing someone else from getting a shot now.

Georgia just announced that anyone over the age of 18 can get a shot if they want starting in a week or so.

Latest news is that North Carolina is going to open up to all adults April 7, but a handful of counties did it early, starting this past Monday the 22nd.

I started refreshing vaccination availability and appointment pages late that night and finally got myself an appointment today, for Monday! Woot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter