What are the Covid vaccine eligibility in your city/county

1A, like the most 1A a person can be healthwise while walking around in the world yet not a peep here in Lehigh Valley, Pa. I'm pretty sure there is some sort of secret handshake involved and I'm not in the special club sooooo

Over 50, Healthcare workers, First Responders, a Certain Health Conditions

This. Add teachers. Mississippi. About 1/3 of state now vaccinated and moving fast to vaccinate more.

Hopefully, my college kids will be vaccinated before the are finished with the semester May 1st!

North Carolina is currently vaccinating
  • Health care workers and long-term care staff and residents;
  • Anyone 65 years or older, regardless of health status or living situation; and
  • Frontline essential workers.

As of today all of the following are eligible. My county is #5 in the state (California) in vaccine distribution.

Vermont:
  1. frontline healthcare
  2. residents and staff in skilled nursing care facilities
  3. age 75+
  4. age 70+
  5. age 65+ and those working in public safety
  6. starting today - age 55+ with specific health conditions
  7. starting today - K-12 teachers and onsite staff and daycare workers, but they have to register through their respective schools or using specific instructions from the Agency of Education or Department of Children & Families (not the same as the general registration)
  8. next week: age 16+ with specific health conditions
  9. late March: age 60+

Orange Country Florida:
65 and older, any adult with pre existing conditions,
any Orange County School employees,
Fire, Police and medical personnel.
Vaccines are available at
Orange County Convention Center (run by the County) 3000 people per day.
Publix, Walmart and CVS
FEMA has a site at Valencia College and is vaccinating 3000 people a day.
FEMA has two satellite sites that will move to underserved areas giving 500 vaccines a day.
Starting Monday 3/15 the age restriction drops to 60.
Please tell us where you live😊

Have you heard anything about when the age drops below 60? I don’t want to start job hunting until I am vaccinated and I should be in in the next group after the 60+.

Sorry. Indiana the whole state. My sister just got the J & J one at a mass site-The Indianapolis Speedway. She got to drive on it-so exciting.

That is so cool. I've seen it from the air when flying into Indianapolis. We liked your state but we only get there for competitions at Notre Dame (we always fly into Indianapolis because there is so much to do there).

Reactions: Kae
Have you heard anything about when the age drops below 60? I don’t want to start job hunting until I am vaccinated and I should be in in the next group after the 60+.

I signed up on the state site myvaccine.fl.gov in the “not currently eligible” section a few weeks ago. Today I got an email in Sumter Co with a code to get a vaccine this week! I’m super pumped. I hope it’s not an error. I’m in the 60+ age group.

Yes, they are "eligible", but is there enough vaccine to actually vaccinate all the people who qualify?
The question was who is ELIGIBLE.

But to answer your question. Yes those who are eligible will be able to sign up to get a vaccine at one of the numerous vaccine clinics being held. They added Phase 1B Tier 3 today because the clinics were not filling up with just the lower tiers.

Still in phase 1 in Ontario.
  • Congregate living for seniors
  • Health care workers
  • Adults in First Nations, Métis and Inuit populations
  • Adult chronic home care recipients
  • Adults over 80 years old

That’s what ours is too (Manitoba) but every few days they lower the age. I’m hoping my parents will qualify in the next week or two. They’ve both already said they’ll be getting it as soon as they qualify.

Sounds about right for California. But it looks good on paper.
Sad, but true. Not sure it looks good on paper if you don't have enough vaccine for the current group, and out keep expanding the list of those eligible.

Texas is doing phase 1A/1B plus education workers after that federal directive last week. Still don’t know when they’ll get to the general population. They have yet to do other essential workers like retail, police, etc.
4619A066-C513-4A73-9965-E37D731FE3A2.png

Just to share my story--- Here in NYC--- went to my PCP for a referral on Friday--- (Underlying condition- Hypertension) managed to secure an appt for the J & J this morning at 4:15AM !!! (Monday) --- Had to fill out form online for the underlying, and brought referral. Went to Javits Center--- they handled like a machine, with the Natl Guard handling--- they never asked for the paperwork at all- I asked around while I was waiting in the "holding area"-- not one person was asked. From what I heard, they just want to get as many people vaccinated as possible.

In Australia we are only at stage 1A, having just started our vaccinations a couple of weeks ago. That is:
- Quarantine and border workers
- Priority frontline healthcare workers (hospital emergency departments, COVID and respiratory wards, ICUs, lab staff handling potential infectious material, COVID testing facilities, GP respiratory clinics and ambulance and paramedic services)
- Aged care and disability care staff and residents

I will be in stage 2B (the 'everyone else' stage) so will likely be a long way off!

Update for TVguy....they have added homeless. All the medical, pharmacy clerks, teachers front line/police/emt have been for awhile. My daughter's 28 year old healthy friend who works fast food has an appointment but yet those with severe medical conditions are not yet able to make an appointment. I had someone in the governor's office tell me that his strategy is to keep the positive rates down vs states like FL that appear to be prioritizing those who would most likely have to be hospitalized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter