What are the Covid vaccine eligibility in your city/county

Georgia has basically abandoned it's phased rollout. Beginning March 15, anyone over 55+ will be eligible and they said they expect full, open eligibility to any adult beginning next month. They also said that Pfizer is now approved for 16 & 17 year olds and 16 & 17 in high risk categories are being added for eligibility.

I get text updates through that site, and haven't received a "signup" one yet....

I'm hoping that yours isn't an error (for you)

It was an error. Totally confused me. I never signed up as anything other than “not yet eligible”. Sounds like their IT put younger people at the bottom of the list, and when they got to the end forgot to check birthdates.

Honestly, not sure.
Up until the end of February, I know I wasn’t eligible but need to check if eligibility expands later this month. All my sisters have received their first rounds of shots but the two younger ones have health issues that bump them up.

ETA as of today everyone aged 60 and up is eligible to get the vaccine.

Last edited:
First responders, medical personnel, teachers, certain co- morbidities and all ages 50+
Indiana, USA

Like everything else about Canada’s vaccine program, availability here in Alberta is a gong show. We have had severe supply disruptions to our quantities of Pfizer and Moderna since back in January. So far I think we have managed to vaccinate all the residents of long-term care facilities and some hospital and care home personnel as well as the elderly residents of most First Nations reserves. (About 200,000 of our 4.2 million population.) The product continues to trickle in very slowly and as it is received it is now for only those over 75. Seniors in gen pop can make appointments through the Provincial health authority. Many people have not been able to get their second shots due to shortages and that is a major concern.

AstraZenaca got approved in Canada 2 weeks ago and locally we are flooded with it but they will not give it to anyone over the age of 65 due to efficacy issues. First responders, certain essential workers and at-risk individuals are now eligible. There is also a dual track of eligibility based on birth-year for people in gen-pop. Yesterday appointments could be made directly at distribution centres by anyone born in 1957 and all the remaining residents of First Nations Reserves. Today it will be people born in 1958 and so on.

Gen pop seniors between the ages of 65 and 75 are in limbo waiting for more Pfizer and Moderna to arrive. I’m in my early 50’s and at this rate I’ll be eligible before my DH who is 66. :sad2:

Florida's governor said today that he hopes to be able to open up vaccinations to everyone who wants one sometime during April.

We are opening up to anyone 60+ on Monday, and sometime after that, eligibility will be expanded to anyone 55+.

Obviously, the speed of that expansion depends on vaccine availability, but we are vaccinating about 100,000 people per day and there are 1.8-1.9 million Florida residents in each age group (55-60 and 50-65).

Just guessing, it looks like a couple of weeks for the 60-65 group, another couple for 55-60, and then they'd open it up to everyone after that. So as crazy as it sounds, it looks like unrestricted eligibility sometime during April is possible.

Here in IN, they opened it up on Tuesday for the 45-49 group. I got my first shot of Pfeizer that same day. My arm isn't sore anymore, I am ready for #2 to get this thing over with, April 6 cannot come soon enough!

Florida's governor announced this morning that vaccine eligibility will be expanded again -- to 50+ with no limitations statewide -- on Monday.

Florida's governor announced this morning that vaccine eligibility will be expanded again -- to 50+ with no limitations statewide -- on Monday.

Next month, I get to get a shot for my birthday gift. :worried::sad2::scared::rolleyes::banana: I posted on my FB page that I was conflicted....hooray for a vaccination, boo for a shot and for turning the big 5-0. LOL

I'm glad that it's jumping straight from 60 to 50. I would really like it if I could get DS17 his shot in before the beginning of May, but that is not likely....no qualifying medical issues.

Yay! Thanks for the heads up - I'm scheduled for my first dose of Moderna on Tuesday 03/23/21 :)!

This morning our governor announced the rest of the roll-out strategy. By April 19th, everyone 16+ will be able to make appointments:
describes groups eligible for vaccine, by date

Next month, I get to get a shot for my birthday gift. :worried::sad2::scared::rolleyes::banana: I posted on my FB page that I was conflicted....hooray for a vaccination, boo for a shot and for turning the big 5-0. LOL

I'm glad that it's jumping straight from 60 to 50. I would really like it if I could get DS17 his shot in before the beginning of May, but that is not likely....no qualifying medical issues.
If you're in Florida, the gov said we'll be going to completely open eligibility before May 1. That's also the president's goal nationally.

Of course, open eligibility without any restrictions doesn't guarantee immediate availability of appointments...

Technically it is currently at high risk 55+ (Plus all the essential categories) and suppose to move to 55+ by April 1st, high risk 16+ by April 12th and 16+ April 26th. However, a lot of the vaccine clinics are finding they have a surplus currently and are pretty much vaccinating anyone who makes an appointment. Plus Walgreens is offering first come first serve after 5pm if they had any no shows during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter