What are resort options for family of 6

princessap

DIS Veteran
just wondering what the options are for family of six. two adults and kids would be 6,4,2 (maybe 3) and then an infant.

Am I right in thinking only suites at aoa??

One of the family suites at ASMu or AoA. They will sleep 6 plus an infant in a pack and play.

There are also DVC villas. You could legally fit in a 1 bedroom unit at BLT, OKW, and AK Kidani, 2 bedrooms elsewhere. CSR junior suite holds 6. I believe there are also rooms at the swan and dolphin that hold 5 plus an infant. Also most of the deluxe resorts have suites that hold 6 (pricey).

twinboysmom said:
There are also DVC villas. You could legally fit in a 1 bedroom unit at BLT, OKW, and AK Kidani, 2 bedrooms elsewhere. CSR junior suite holds 6. I believe there are also rooms at the swan and dolphin that hold 5 plus an infant. Also most of the deluxe resorts have suites that hold 6 (pricey).

This. Our family of five is going to stay in a 1 bedroom at BLT next week.

While the youngest is under 3 you have more options. We were going to be staying as 6 in POR, but have decided on the BC. They have a murphy or daybed and 2 Queens.

It's pricey but if it's in your budget Boardwalk also had Deluxe rooms with 2 Queens and a pullout queen sofa.

The cabins were also an option for us.

We have six in our family - we've always gotten two rooms at a value resort (1st trip with all four kids - All Star Movies; other trips - Pop Century). They give us adjoining rooms and it costs less than a suite. Still two bathrooms, four beds. Though Art of Animations suites look really neat! (Cost is our deciding factor...)

Any of the deluxes (with the exception of WL and AKL) will accommodate 5 + 1 under the age of 3 in a standard room, with the Poly and CR having the largest rooms among the deluxe resorts.

If you decide on a 1BR deluxe villa, think OKW as the units are much more roomy. You can leave the sofa beds opened all the time and still have ample room to move around (which is what we do). If you rent from a member, it is not that expensive.

you could legally stay at POR but with adding a pack and play it would be really tight. I don't recommend it. I'd check out AoA or AS Family suite that will be your best option financially and be guaranteed together. 2 Value rooms would be an option but they can't guarantee connecting rooms so you'd chance not spending the vacation in the same room as your partner which would be no fun.

AoA would give the 2 adults their own room with a queen bed and a bathroom and the kids could split the pull out and the tablebed with the baby in a pack n play or with you :) also has another bathroom

AS Suites would give you a bedroom/bathroom then 3 different pull out options for the kids in the living area plus another bathroom

We have used two adjoining rooms at the CR and at AK in the past. The next trip only 5 of us are going and we decided to squeeze into one room at the GF.

An added bonus for staying in a DVC villa is that you will have a full kitchen and washer/dryer. Depending on how long you are staying, these are great things to have. As someone pointed out, the OKW villas are huge. We started staying ther and got hooked on the extra size ( we are also a family of 6 ), that we ended up buying a resale DVC contract. Renting points is a good way to save money over Disney prices. Happy planning!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter